Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-12-2004, 07:34 PM   #11
twisted-mystic
Abandonia nerd

Heh, funny that post would be the one to do it, ty
twisted-mystic is offline                         Send a private message to twisted-mystic
Old 01-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #12
goblins
Game Wizzard

try to make sure your posts have something to do with the thread LOL.

Now back to EA if they operated out of any european country they would not be able to take advantage of staff like that - or they would be hiring more staff.

Still mots EA games are overhyped - a few good ones but i like ethical treatmetn of staff and tend to lean towards smaller outfits that have quality games
goblins is offline                         Send a private message to goblins
Old 01-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #13
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I personally began to flag all EA games as crap until stated otherwise. And when I say "stated otherwise", I mean after I tryied them personally.

The main reason of this is because EA have his most solid foundation on games who sells to the mass like EA Sports game which will always sell year after year even if they change nothing in the game at all, or big market hypes like The Sims with 100 plus 2 expantion packs and other milking cows.

Sometimes I feel like they only change their product very slightly every years on purpose, knowing full well that it will at worse sell enough to pay the staff who worked on it.

When was the last time I've opened an EA game package, installed the game (or fired up the console) and said "wow, that's sooo cool!"?

I don't remember. I'm not even sure I said that once.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #14
xoopx
Hero Gamer

EA havent made anything good since deluxe paint
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 01-01-2005, 11:04 AM   #15
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I disagree Medal of Honour are the best war games I have ever played.

EDIT My dad works probably just as hard. There have been holidays we have missed, many late night phone calls from his company asking him to come into work cause some loser who isnt suited for the job doesn't know what he's doing. He worked constantly the week before christmas, where one night he just had to come home cause he was too tired, with his work unfinished and behind schedule. This happens everywhere.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 01-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #16
jag

With a publisher as large as EA, you can't really say all of their games suck or all of their games whatever.

They have so many subdivisions developing for them, it's almost as broad as saying something like everybody with blue eyes is good at math.
jag is offline                         Send a private message to jag
Old 01-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #17
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Jan 1 2005, 12:04 PM

EDIT My dad works probably just as hard. There have been holidays we have missed, many late night phone calls from his company asking him to come into work cause some loser who isnt suited for the job doesn't know what he's doing. He worked constantly the week before christmas, where one night he just had to come home cause he was too tired, with his work unfinished and behind schedule. This happens everywhere.
are you in america? from what i can tell, u.s employment conditions are pretty bad compared to even england (where i live) and a lot worse than mainland europe.
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 01-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #18
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes, US laws are more geared to benefit the companies and their profits than the employees and their happiness.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 02-01-2005, 12:14 AM   #19
jag

I doubt that essay is all true, however. There are some obvious exagerrations.
jag is offline                         Send a private message to jag
Old 02-01-2005, 05:58 AM   #20
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by xoopx+Jan 1 2005, 05:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xoopx @ Jan 1 2005, 05:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Iron_Scarecrow@Jan 1 2005, 12:04 PM

are you in america? from what i can tell, u.s employment conditions are pretty bad compared to even england (where i live) and a lot worse than mainland europe. [/b][/quote]
No I'm in Australia. He works for Colgate Palmolive..
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow