Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-07-2010, 03:31 AM   #11
Anony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
The dosbox method is mentioned above. To repeat,

1. Have your Wing Commander I game installed first, preferably in it's default folder. (Preferably, but not necessarily.)

2. If you're using dosbox and have the Secret Missions 1 in a folder, mount that folder as above, replacing the SM1 folder with your own, if different from the above . You can place the SM1 files in any folder you like. If you have the SM1 files placed in C:\SM1 folder, for example,
type "mount A C:\SM1"

3. After successfully mounting the folder, you can run the install program.

4. Point the install program to where your Wing Commander I is installed. (The install program will ask you to identify where WC is installed. If your WC is installed in C:\WING, for example, point to that directory.)

5. After installation completes, you can load the SM1 from within the main Wing Commander game - wing.exe.

6. Repeat the steps above for SM2. But for SM2, if I remember correctly, it has it's own executable. Meaning that you should load it's program file. Maybe SM2.exe. ( - Forgotten..)

Summary & Example :

1. WC installed in C:\program files\dosbox\WC\WING
2. SM1 installed in C:\program files\dosbox\WC\SM1
3. type mount a c:\program files\dosbox\wc\sm1
4. type a: and press [ENTER]
5. type install

Then load up wing.exe and you can see a new "Play Secret Missions" option in the main screen.

Another method is to copy the sm1 files to a floppy disk and install directly from the disk. You still have to mount the real floppy drive as the floppy drive in dosbox.

All these mounting stuff will be much easier if you're using a dosbox frontend.
I was having trouble with mounting it with the a: because it keeps on asking me for disk 7. Same case with choosing the Wing Commander 1 install folder on your third instruction. However, I was able to install it in its own folder and just copied over the gamedat, cfg and transfer files to the Wing Commander folder and get it working that way.

For some reason though, the sound effects don't fit the actions respectively so I may have fucked up.

Old 27-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #12
Anony

Scratch my previous post. I finally got the damn thing to install properly. Turns out I had to mount both the original Wing Commander folder as well was SM1 (c: and a: respectively) for the latter's installation screen to detect the former.