Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-04-2007, 05:32 AM   #61
Guest_Alex_*

Hello everybody!

Been searching for some old games and found this site. Funkin Awesome I must say!! (just downloaded Castles II...sweet).

Well for the info of any Scorched Earth fans I am the very proud owner of an orginal copy. Original packaging and all. I think I only bought it at the time because I liked it soooo much. $20 back then as well. It came with a 3.5 inch disk as well as a 5.25 inch disk.

Last time I tried to play it (5 or more years ago) it was unplayable because the processor ran too fast for the gameplay (I think...). When it was your go and you moved the cannon turrett left or right it would wizz around really fast like a wheel of fortune spin in fast forward. Also; the computer's turn would pass in the blink of an eye. Oh well...

But if anyone wants a copy for any reason email me - *MAIL REMOVED*

Party on...

Last edited by TheChosen; 29-04-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #62
bluesbrother

Great old school game...

And if you didn't know: you can make it even better by editing or writing your own comments. Open TALK1.CFG and TALK2.CFG with Notepad and edit them. And don't forget to turn them on in the game.
bluesbrother is offline                         Send a private message to bluesbrother
Old 09-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #63
christophbell
Lurker

Default Whats up with this

I noticed that with this game if you are browsing the site in German there is an ESA no go logo, however when browsing in English it is downloadable. I dont know if this is the case for a lot of the games, but if it is the case it might keep a lot of first time visitors from the German speaking realm from coming back to the site.
christophbell is offline                         Send a private message to christophbell
Old 05-10-2008, 04:57 AM   #64
ElectroGamer

Very good game!!! very addictive too

A weak point i found are the computer players, after looking at them for a while it's easy to figure out their shots, and even some of them always shots off the screen, and never change their aim . Against the computer, using the super mag shield (the orange one, the most expensive) you are almost invencible, i have played 50 or so round with that and never lost, the computer is too stupid to use a napalm instead of a baby missile.

But very good game, many options to try out, weapons and tactics. One of my favorite downloads.

And one last "strange" point: when i run it on DOSBOX, it beaves badly and even crashes sometimes, not good to play. But if i run on plain windows 98 SE, it runs perfectly
Quite unusual.
ElectroGamer is offline                         Send a private message to ElectroGamer
Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #65
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

never happened to me o_O, increased your cycles?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #66
ElectroGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
never happened to me o_O, increased your cycles?
I have not checked that. Simply leave it at 5000, my default that works well for most games. But the problem don't seem to be the speed, as it does not respond sometimes and simply crashes, grable the screen or somewhat similar.

Anyway, I don't care by this by now, win98se runs it with no problems at all. Maybe in the future when i decide to degrade to winXP i will worry on this.
ElectroGamer is offline                         Send a private message to ElectroGamer
Old 17-10-2008, 12:58 AM   #67
SlowCoder
Game freak

My friend and I had long sessions playing this game over and over. We were about the same skill, so it was really a toss up who'd win the next round. Good times!

Some people prefer Worms, or Scorched Earth 3D. Good for them. They can play those games, and I'll stick with this good 'ol version. For its day, Scorched Earth really did shine, and upped the ante by which other cannon style games would work. So, games like Worms owe their life to Scorched Earth, much like the son does his father.
SlowCoder is offline                         Send a private message to SlowCoder
Old 29-04-2009, 06:52 AM   #68
bar-kun

Game of my childhood. I think in first Scorched gfx is not so important as entire idea of gameplay. Pure classic!

By the way, does any version of old Scorched supports soundblaster?
bar-kun is offline                         Send a private message to bar-kun
Old 31-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #69
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

Classic!
It also have good clones, Pocket Thanks Deluxe is just one of them that I like.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 01-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #70
punkassbitch
Abandonia nerd

I like pocket tanks better!
punkassbitch is offline                         Send a private message to punkassbitch