Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #121
cnquist
Forum hobbit

This was a very fun Holmes game. I made me want more Sherlock Holmes adventure games. He seems perfect for this genre. I did have to use a walkthru a couple of times though.
cnquist is offline                         Send a private message to cnquist
Old 17-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #122
gumpy
Game freak

A great game! One of the better non Lucas Arts or Sierra point and click adventure games.
gumpy is offline                         Send a private message to gumpy
Old 21-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #123
JimiH
Default Solving a problem

Like many guys here I stucked in Belle's Perfumerine. I tried everything until I found the bug (or perhaps I should call it illogical behavour of game).

You have to talk to Belle again and ask her for men, choose one of this option (I think it's something like tall guy) and describe him like this:
tall, unsure of body building, black hair. She told you, that it was a rugby player. Ask her for the perfume which she has on the back (D'azur I think). Now you talk to cleaning girl and she gives you a advice about James.

Before you do that you have to:
- examine jumper on apartment
- examine stain on theater's door
- talk to coach on fields until he asks for description of James
- examine all things in inventory which is related to the case (especially perfume from theatre)

I hope this help somebody.

Old 27-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #124
tomimt

This is a good game and in many ways a bit better than Frogwares new Holmes games.
tomimt is offline                         Send a private message to tomimt
Old 28-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #125
scorpionr95

I loved the game, the story was as intriguing as the original short-stories, but I never got to Belle's Perfumerine (I am not very good at pixel-hunting and such things...)

Who am I to judge their sanity? And who are they to judge my insanity?
--Me
scorpionr95 is offline                         Send a private message to scorpionr95
Old 09-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #126
temporal_lobe

I got stuck, according to the walkthrough, near the end of the game, in the Brumwell's manor. After he leaves the room, the door remain locked. The walkthrough reads that I should move the left Persian sword and then the painting in order to get the key to the door. My problem is that I move the sword but whenever I try to move the painting, the game says it cannot be moved. Anyone had similar problems? What should I do now?
temporal_lobe is offline                         Send a private message to temporal_lobe
Old 18-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #127
Niwman
Default Help

Hi guys!

I've downloaded this game and run it with dosbox, but it barelly start to run and during the intro, more specifcally after the cat jumps down and the beer bottle crash into the ground it frozes.

I tried a lot of things to solve this but with no success? anyone got the same problem??

BTW: I have a Wndows 7 PC.

See ya!

Old 19-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #128
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

What cycles are you running the game at?
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 16-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #129
Adis

Hi.
I have the following problem:
When I want to ring the doorbell of the Lord Brumwells mansion, game hangs up. It has something to do with the sound- in the DOSBOX appears text like this: DMA segbound wrapping.
I also tried to switch off sound and music in setup file, but as i wanted to "make change" for the no sound setting, setup again hung up, there was written something about, cant open library file or so.

If someone knows solution for this, please write.

P.S. I also launched fix patch file.

Thanks,
Adis
Adis is offline                         Send a private message to Adis
Old 14-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #130
daBomb619

I have the same problem as Niwman. During the intro, after the cat jumps down and the bottle crashes to the ground, the game freezes and the music skips. I have DosBox set to run at 3000 cycles. Can you help?
daBomb619 is offline                         Send a private message to daBomb619