Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #211
Inn_depth
Lurker

Exclamation Glitch

I have been trying to play this game for years but I can never get it to run properly, not even in Dos Box. Every time I catch that green little fairy the games glitches out and closes the application down.

Will I ever get to play this game all the way through?? If there are any patches available let me know.

Thank you

Hailey
Inn_depth is offline                         Send a private message to Inn_depth
Old 24-01-2009, 03:52 AM   #212
guitarstring1084
Lurker

Default I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out about dosbox and I;ve been trying to play this long lost game I used to love but Don't know what file runs it. My last comand promp is C:\Robin> Does anyone know what I have to type to make the game run? And do I need a disk? Thank you!
guitarstring1084 is offline                         Send a private message to guitarstring1084
Old 24-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #213
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
My last comand promp is C:\Robin> Does anyone know what I have to type to make the game run?
Robin.bat
or
Scidhuv.exe

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 24-01-2009 at 12:30 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #214
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

to find an excutable of any game enter comand
dir *.exe or dir *.bat and it will show you excutable files

anyways, the excutable file in this game is robin.bat or sierra.bat, so just type one of those

edit: oh horseman was faster
Old 12-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #215
guest_erik

i'm on the last day, i got to the point where i'm escaping the tower. it asked me if i wanted to save, so i did. well i got hit by one of the rocks and died, and now i can't restore any of my saved games. it just keeps saying that it can't be found, yet the files are in the game folder. i've read through the entire thread and it said nothing about this. i would greatly appreciate some help

Old 15-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #216
cnquist
Forum hobbit

I loved the sierra quest series but I had never played this game... Until now. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I especially liked the songs that your friends sing if you die and the easter eggs of fellow Sierra game creators in the Festival.
cnquist is offline                         Send a private message to cnquist
Old 17-06-2009, 05:49 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
nooooooo, no no no nooooooo :crazy: I love this game it is probably the best game I have ever played in my life, so im at the middle of day 13 (last day) and I get to the tower and I do the druid code for ivy and the game goes to a black dos windows and says "Out of handles!" OMG I am so sad I have to finish this game someone please help me get this fixed, im begging
I'm also encountering a similar problem. I get to day 2 and I shoot the monk that's attakcing Marian and it goes back to the command prompt screen and says "Out of Handles".

Does anyone know why this is doing this? Or how I can fix it?

Old 17-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #218
gumpy
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I'm also encountering a similar problem. I get to day 2 and I shoot the monk that's attakcing Marian and it goes back to the command prompt screen and says "Out of Handles".

Does anyone know why this is doing this? Or how I can fix it?
Sometimes Sierra's VGA games tend to do this for no reason at all. Try saving your game near the point where it crashes and then reload and try that part again and see if it works.
gumpy is offline                         Send a private message to gumpy
Old 17-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpy View Post
Sometimes Sierra's VGA games tend to do this for no reason at all. Try saving your game near the point where it crashes and then reload and try that part again and see if it works.
I've tried that several times. I've saved my game right before I shoot the monk and re-loaded and re-played it as many as five times and it continues to happen.

What makes it even more frustrating is that I have the floppy discs. I'm not running the game on DosBOx I'm running it straight from MsDos.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Old 17-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #220
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

You could try, sometimes, to lower the level of detail to the minimum and now I don't remember if speed to the bottom or to the top. Usually, those settings help me at those weird error that used to plague Sierra games . That was one of the very few thing I had against Sierra games . Also, going to a save game a bit earlier in the game and trying other things firsts? A lower success rate than the other tip, but sometimes the memory misstep (I suspect it is this) turns inoffensive.

My other favorite error was "Oops! You did something we didn't expected" and crash to DOS. It was specially fun when it happened once at the end of the animated sequence at the end of the trials of adulthood of the Simbani in Quest For Glory III
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia