Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #41
the_rocket_man
Lurker

Default Saving the game

I spent ages trying to find this game - but I was looking for K240. Eventually I found this. Bliss!

The problem is (other than the occasional crash) is that I don't know how to save the game, so when it crashes I lose everything, and also that the long games go on for longer than I have time for. Anyone know?

Cheers.
the_rocket_man is offline                         Send a private message to the_rocket_man
Old 14-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #42
dfTruF

Quote:
Originally Posted by k240 fan View Post
... under Dosbox 0.72. In conf file 16 mb is set. After mounting dir with game and emulating cdrom, and typing fa, dosbox writes an error message 'buffer overflow', then freezes. Help!
I had the same problem (buffer overflow). I changed dosbox version from 0.72 to 0.65 (on win xp) and everything works good. I tried 0.71 but with this version, the game still generate the same error.

I had 'buffer overflow' with some other dos games, for example with "Reunion", at the beginning of the intro when i hit esc too quickly.

+ +
dfTruF is offline                         Send a private message to dfTruF
Old 27-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #43
RussellB
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfTruF View Post
I had the same problem (buffer overflow). I changed dosbox version from 0.72 to 0.65 (on win xp) and everything works good. I tried 0.71 but with this version, the game still generate the same error.

I had 'buffer overflow' with some other dos games, for example with "Reunion", at the beginning of the intro when i hit esc too quickly.

+ +
I am having a similar problem - Start the game, the Gremlin Interactive video runs then the Cajji Software screen begins to load and then... Dos/4GW Professional error (2002): transfer stack overflow on interrupt 08H...

Here's what I did. Created c:\games. Created \Fragile in c:\games. Downloaded and unzipped a fresh copy of Dosbox into c:\games\Fragile.
Download and unzip the Fragile Alliance Abandonia files into \Fragile
Start dosbox then enter the following:
mount c c:\games
mount d c:\games\Fragile -t cdrom
c:
cd fragile
fragile.exe

Interestingly, if I click on the Win95 icon in the folder, the game will start and run although without some sound, voices or text in the tutorials.

What I really want is to buy the original CD, but in the meantime I would appreciate any suggestions as to what to do next.

Thanks.
RussellB is offline                         Send a private message to RussellB
Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #44
Mjello
Default Help! Error video file format wrong

Can anybody help with this problem? The game has been installed and is launcing without problems in dosbox 0.72. But when I enter the buildings or Sci tek menu this happens. Does anybody know how to solve this?

thanks

Old 12-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #45
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjello View Post
Can anybody help with this problem? The game has been installed and is launcing without problems in dosbox 0.72. But when I enter the buildings or Sci tek menu this happens. Does anybody know how to solve this?

thanks
What is "this"? You say "this" happens but without any specific info, we can't help you. If I were to have a guess, you messed with the settings and now the game complains it can't find certain files. Redownload, and do not touch the settings!!! A rip is called a rip for a reason - files had to be dropped to save space and this includes the animations for buildings and blue prints. By activating them, you make the game look for files that don't exist in the rip.

To everyone else: most errors are caused by incorrect mounting. Do not mount the game folder itself as C drive - you need to mount the folder below FRAGILE. DOSBox is a closed program meaning that it should perform the same on all systems regardless of hardware and operating system (with some small exceptions) but buffer overflows and suchlike are caused by different settings or wrong mountings.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 21-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #46

Red Avatar-I have pretty much no idea how to mount. I followed the orders to the letter but I still can't figure it out. If my folder is in

D:\Program Files\Fragile Allegiance\fragile

then what commands would I enter?

Old 21-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #47
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

mount C "D:\Program Files\Fragile Allegiance\"

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #48
exewon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
mount C "D:\Program Files\Fragile Allegiance\"
With me the game is in C:\dos\CDrive\fragile alliance\fragile
But when I edit your line it doesn't work with me
this is what i put in.

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount C C:\DOS\CDrive
mount D D:\ -t cdrom
mount C "C:\dos\CDrive\fragile alliance\fragile"
C:

But it says that the directory fragile doesn't exist.
exewon is offline                         Send a private message to exewon
Old 21-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #49
dosraider
Dismembered.

First: do not mount twice a C:
Next : check your paths.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 21-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #50
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can't mount another directory at the same drive without unmounting it first!

Remove mount C C:\DOS\CDrive from the config and it will all work fine.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman