Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2009, 01:25 AM   #311
Pex
Game Wizzard

Yep, I always had a rip and had to play without sound. I'm sure I would've enjoyed it much more other way.
Old 23-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #312
VulpesZerda

I got it fixed, though, with the setup... it's much better. I definitely fall victim to helicopter attacks less.
VulpesZerda is offline                         Send a private message to VulpesZerda
Old 25-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #313
HelenaSunWife

Wolf rules =D

Well maybe this will be useful for people who don't like fighting the other wolves a lot to get to Apha position (I don't know if anybody posted this before, I've looked at some pages in this discussion thread but didn't see anything from the pages I looked at):

If you are a male, play as Stalker. He is the strongest male in the game, followed by Hambone I guess.
If you are a female, play as Thunderhowl (yes, she is Stalker's sister). I guess Shadow is the 2nd strongest female.

If you play as Stalker or Thunderhowl you'll get Alpha position right away, just be careful with later challenges from other wolves, specially if Hambone (if you are a male) or Shadow (if you are a female) are in the pack, they could get to beat you: I was playing as Thunderhowl and the Alpha male was Stalker, then Hambone came and beat him; Shadow is also in my pack and I lost Alpha position to her once.

Also, if you don't wanna play as these specific wolves, but also don't want to lose too much time trying to rise to Alpha position, here's another hint for you...

Build your pack with wolves the same age as yourself, or wolves whom age make them weaker than you: 5 year old wolves ( varies with each habitat, but the closest to these numbers is what counts) tend to be stronger than 3 year old wolves, 3 year old wolves tend to be stronger than 1/2 year old wolves. About 7 year old wolves? I don't know for sure, but I guess they're weaker or equal to the youngest wolves, so the best to stick with would be 5 year old wolves.

Old 26-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #314
HelenaSunWife
Default About my last post ;)

Looks like I didn't check the strongest wolves properly before, so now I'm fixing.

Strongest Males:
1st - Centaurus
2nd - Lightfall (not sure, but he beats Stalker too, so I guess he comes 2nd)
3rd - Stalker
4th - Hambone

Strongest Females:
1st - Rumour
2nd - Thunderhowl
3rd - Shadow

Old 28-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #315
VulpesZerda

I have a question. Often when I use map or scent or whatever a box comes up in the middle of the screen, and it looks like the other boxes with animals or whatever in them, except it has some sort of vague white shape and an arrow. I thought this might have been the wind direction but I wasn't sure. Is it?
VulpesZerda is offline                         Send a private message to VulpesZerda
Old 04-05-2009, 03:11 AM   #316
Rakyth
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest_Fox View Post
Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone still reads this thread but there you go, I've decided, because of some confusion on my part and others, to write a quick start tutorial here for you. Three Sections.

Getting Started:

First of All, download and unzip the game to C;\WOLF and then download DOSBOX. Most modern computers no longer support Sound Blaster, so you may have to check where your sound card is, but Dosbox usually does the settings for you.

So go ahead and open DOSBox. (After it's installed of course). Now type in mount c C:\ (Or the location of your main hard drive where you put the WOLF directory)
Type c:
Now type cd\WOLF
then setup.exe

Go through that, For my computer I selected Sound Source then Sound Blaster for music.

Once you exit, type WOLF.exe

You should now be full speed ahead with music and sound.

FAQ.

Q:I can't hear any sound!
A: Check your volume first of all, thats the basic thing to do. But if not, try both SOund Blaster and Sound Source. Sound Source should work with dosbox.

Q:I can't hear music!
A: Really? Turn up your volume. By default, DOSBox will usually assign to the old DOS MIDI system, make sure you select Sound Blaster, that works for me, try different card selections.

Q:How do you mate??
A: You really wanna see these Wolves shag, huh? Well it takes a lot of effort to do this, you basically need to stick to your female alpha wolf, catch pray for her, find water for her and keep her alive basically, and when mating time comes, it'll happen. Watch for her sleeping nearer you and walking nearer to you and stuff. If you see these signs, click on her and see if she wants to mate by selecting Yes.

Q:I can't catch prey!
A: You will at first not know how to do this. You use your senses to smell and hear prey, and you'll see it if you follow these senses, but it'll run away, and you'll chase it, but you won't catch it. You have to click on it for something to happen, this initiates the wolf attack. Try clicking a few times, you will kill it easily if your endurace guage is full(ish).

Q:What are the buttons in the challenge mode?
A:The Red is for attack, the Blue is for Defense, and Yellow is run away. That's as far as I can see anyway.

I hope this helps you p[eople, does anyone know where I can find the survival manual anywhere without buying the game?
What if you're a alpha female?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #317
Anaximen
Unhappy Wolf CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotlizking View Post
first and foremost, I'm actually using the CD version of Wolf.

Here are my questions, which I may or may not have already asked.

1. my sound and music on this game has not worked in YEARS. it's a bit essential to have sound (not the music) as i need it to hear planes, footsteps, or the howls of my pack. is there something i can download (THAT WORKS) to fix this dilemma? i've tried a list of things, nothing seems to work.

2. Has anyone passed the "Migrate Your Pack" scenario for the tundra? usually when i enter this scenario there's one carcass stuck behind a rock formation that i just can't get to and i starve, or i get to a place where food is plentiful and the rest of my pack has either died or has run back to the previous territory. do i need to mark the place as a new territory? i think the creators of the game just made this level to screw with us
Can you upload CD-version of Wolf to somewhere,please? Or at least cd-versions of music from this game?

Old 09-07-2009, 05:32 AM   #318
Roseruby
Unhappy

Help. x3 Does anybody know how to get rid of hunters of lead them away from places? Because there is a hunter who is very close my pack's Den. My wolf Belle is going to give birth anyday and I know that the den is very important of raising pup. So any help? POST BACK QUICK PLEASE. x3

Old 09-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #319
Cool Sound?

I been hearing that you can hear sound in this game but I can't hear any howls from my pack mates or foot steps. NOTHING. Please somebody help get sound I hear music fine but not the sound. I been killed by helocopers(Can't spell x3) about 3 times by staying by the den. I have litter of 4 new pups and they my first too, so I have to stay by the den alot, anyway I was wondering if somebody helpme get the sound to work. x3

Old 09-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #320
Japo
Autonomous human

Use DOSBox, and read the tutorials you can find on these forums.