Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #191
Rick
Default Max

Yes, i mounted the image and it just popped up in windows xp,(using Deamon tools lite) started it with that compability modus, installed it in the normal folder Interplay gave and tried starting it with Windows, it gives the first few lines of starting the game and than just crashes.

Via Dosbox worked fine (at least the installing) tried starting the game but it gives the same few starting lines and just stoppes after an wile saying he couldnt find the hardware.

So what ive did is "mount f f:/" (my cdrom drive) and mount the drive the game is installed on and tried to start the game again, wich gives the same error. My last idea would be that an Dos program doesnt read harddrives till "F:/"? Or idd maybe the mounting part of the cdrom drive.

Old 30-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #192
Rick
Default Max

Ive copied the error line here it gives:

"Error: Detection system failed to find hardware c:\intrplay\max>"

Old 30-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #193
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

when you mount the cdrom,
you don't type "mount f f:/"
but "mount f f:/ -t cdrom"

try that instead
Old 30-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #194
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
My last idea would be that an Dos program doesnt read harddrives till "F:/"?
Wrong.
CD-ROM drives are assinged drive letters after the hard drives. If you only have a C drive, then the CD-ROM mount should be D:\.

Also, don't use external virtual drives with DOSBox. Use IMGMOUNT, which is DOSBox' own internal virtual drive.

Are you trying to run the copy of the game you installed in Windows?
Please provide the exact location of the game on your real hard drive and the exact form of the MOUNT command you're using to mount it in DOSBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #195
Rick
Default Max

thanks Russ really thought that would work but to bad it didnt

yea, ive installed the game with the normal popup the game gives at windows, and installed it to:

c:/intrplay/max

tried starting it 2 ways with dosbox and normal but normal crashes with xp and dosbox says "cant find hardware c:/intrplay/max" really weird sinse ive mounted it.

the virtual cdrom doesnt really seem to be the problem at dosbox, i can just mount the F:"

i got 2 harddisks C: and D:, E is the normal cdrom and F: is the virtual

for disk i used: " mount c c:/"
used for virtual cd: "mount f f:/ -t cdrom"

tried imgmounting but it says illigal iso

Old 30-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #196
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Install the game in DOSBox.
Quote:
tried imgmounting but it says illigal iso
Exact syntax used?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #197
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Wait wait wait. You installed this in Windows to C:\intrplay\max. and are then mounting that folder, correct? Try mounting just the C drive, because the game will be looking for C:\intrply\max\intrplay\max if you mount the folder itself.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 27-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #198
Wattytheman
Lurker

Hi anyone able to tell me how I can download this? Says I cant, sorry new here!
Wattytheman is offline                         Send a private message to Wattytheman
Old 27-01-2009, 04:06 AM   #199
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

We won't host it here, because it is sold here. Sorry.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 10-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #200
Klingon007
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlumiuN View Post
We won't host it here, because it is sold here. Sorry.
Putting something to that effect on the game's page would be helpful, instead of there simply not being a download link. I spent about a half hour trying to search the page for "download", update my password, refresh the page, search again... browse this forum page by page... I understand you can't violate copyright, but you *can* put the above on the game's page to help the guy who's just found your site and thought he found the one place he could download this game.
Klingon007 is offline                         Send a private message to Klingon007