Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #91
svpearson

Sure if you could tell me how to do that. Is there someplace I can upload it here? If not, can you point me to a common way to host files?? The files are only 3 and 5 megs though so I could probably just email them.
svpearson is offline                         Send a private message to svpearson
Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #92
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

For common file hosting, there are a few sites out there, 4shared is one, and there you can upload the files for free too.

If you want to give it to AB, which is even better, contact the admins (at least The_Fifth_Horseman and Romano are around pretty often) and they'll give you further instructions on how to u/l to AB.

Last edited by Mighty Midget; 04-07-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Mighty Midget is offline                         Send a private message to Mighty Midget
Old 18-11-2008, 03:33 AM   #93
Catwafer

Gosh golly gee, I really want to play the Ultima Underworld series again.
It was so underrated for its time, but it's one of the most well-done, complex dungeon-crawler I've ever played. I love this game to no end.

When I was younger playing it, my brother would always try to scare me by making loud noises in the background during the intense parts - as if the game itself wasn't suspenseful and creepy enough with the amazing musical soundtrack.
Catwafer is offline                         Send a private message to Catwafer
Old 09-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #94
Liliana
Default Windows Vista

I recently changed my computer, and the game doesn´t run on windowa vista. Has anybody out there developed a patch so that it does?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #95
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
I recently changed my computer, and the game doesn´t run on windowa vista. Has anybody out there developed a patch so that it does?
No. But there's the Dosbox, a dos-emulator which works.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 09-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #96
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

The "patch" you need is called DOSBox, and you will find a link to the download site here http://www.abandonia.com/en/node/23027
Please read our guide in Troubleshooting for setting it up correctly
Old 15-01-2009, 02:24 AM   #97
Unregistered435345
Angry Ultima Underworld 1 - item problems

I'm playing UU1, and have gotten fairly far. The problem is that sometimes item's dissapear when i save my game. I keep an eye on my stuff, so i've delt with it.
The problem now is, in all my save files, i SHOULD be wearing a chain shirt, instead the 'paper doll' displays a yellow box, and when i 'look' at it, where i should be wearing a chain shirt, it says 'day old piece of bread'.
I move it, and sure enough, the curser turns into a day old piece of bread, and the paper doll displays an unarmored me. Ok, so i lost a chain shirt, i can live with that, but it seems i have also lost the 4 or so 'stones' worth of weight associated with a chain shirt.
So not only did my armor turn into a piece of bread, my carrying capacity went down, from 54 to 50. I've saved new files, taken off all items, put them back on, saved again...nothing seems to get that weight back. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Old 15-01-2009, 04:23 AM   #98
Wicky
the little viking

The major cause of this is hording. If you have a large number of items (30 - 40 items total) in one location (one room, one bag, one pack), the game may corrupt some of your objects.

I personally always keep my bags tidy, with none of them holding more than 8 items. For example a backpack with 7 items and one chest, inside the chest I put another 7 items and so on.

The solution is, that objects are stored in memory one after the other. If the inventory of one item gets too big, it overwrites the memory of the beginning of the next item.

You can continue to play the game without re-starting, but you may not be able to finish the game if a quest item is corrupted.

Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 15-01-2009, 06:30 AM   #99
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

never had this bug pop up. however i did have rooms in every level where i would put the loot (food and some gems). I didn't use many things and the ones i could i just sold for money.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 15-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #100
Elena
Forum hobbit

Some old versions of UU have this bug, I saw it. A version on this site is free of bugs. Download and play it. Don’t use your old savegames, you have to start from the beginning to avoid this bug.
Elena is offline                         Send a private message to Elena