Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
faeornran
Forum hobbit

I've done it!

Cheers to you all, hope you enjoy trying to find it yourself!

-faeornran
faeornran is offline                         Send a private message to faeornran
Old 12-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
cnquist
Forum hobbit

Wow you actually got it. I know I saw it for the first time on my last play through a couple months ago. I actually thought it was kinda out of place but hey thats what easter eggs are, right?
cnquist is offline                         Send a private message to cnquist
Old 05-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Akira
Forum hobbit

Cool

Aw, man, I've been trying to get that screen

By the by, has anyone else found Arne the Aardvark (Earth Pig)? I feel like he's a reference from something else, but I have no idea what. I've only ever seen him when camping out on the first day (you gotta have a fire though, and I think you need to make camp before midnight. Not sure if you gotta do the meerbat thing first).

Also, is it just me, or is this version pretty buggy? I thought you ALWAYS had to get initiated into the Simbani to buy your wife, but I'm playing as a wizard, so I guess I don't hafta? Thing is, I think I remember playing as a wizard before, and I did the whole initiation thing... Weird.

Oh, and I got Manu comin' after me and inviting me to the monkey village when I never saved him from the cage.
"Who are you and why are you calling me man-friend?!!?!?! And for that matter...why are you the only monkey that can TALK!?!?! O_O"

Anyways... seems kinda jerky/laggy in Dosbox (I can play it without Dosbox, but battles are really funky, I can barely move my mouse). Are there any specific changes I should make to Dosbox's settings to make it run a little smoother?

Thanks, anybody.
Akira is offline                         Send a private message to Akira
Old 05-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
Wicky
the little viking

Man, wages of war...

In my ranking of the series:
QFG4
QFG1
QFG2
QFG5
... bottom QFG3
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 18-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Man, wages of war...

In my ranking of the series:
QFG4
QFG1
QFG2
QFG5
... bottom QFG3
Is so bad ? Im starting the game and now im worried.
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 19-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Everyone has their own opinion. QFG 3 is actually one of my favourites of the series.

I have to say though, calling it buggy when compared to the horror show of bugs that QFG 4 was on release is funny
Old 19-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
Capo
Unconventional member

Already finished

Yes, the game is still good but isn't at the level of the fist two chapters.
The combat in particular is very bad and extremely easy.
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

The zip file is 7.2mb to download. I just downloaded it and unzipped it using 7zip no problems at all. Since your file is not that large did you stop the download or for any reason lose connection to the download server? Try downloading it again and keep an eye on how much is downloading, it should not finish till 7.2mb.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 16-02-2012, 02:32 AM   #9
Jeminy3

Question Boosted stats?

Hello! Thanks for making this game available, Quest for Glory is quickly becoming one of my favorite Sierra series next to Space Quest.

I have a quick question - Whenever I start a new character all his stats and skills are already boosted to 100 or less. When I import a character from an earlier QFG game, only some of his stats are boosted.
I assume this is a side effect of the cracking used to get this game uploaded here.

Is this normal, and is there a way to start a character with more "normal" stats?

Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's fun to steamroll through the game with high stats, but I like challenges and would like to play the game the way it was meant to be played. =P

I'm encountering the same problem with the Quest for Glory 4 game available here, where stats are boosted up to 200 or less whether I make a new character or import one.
Jeminy3 is offline                         Send a private message to Jeminy3
Old 16-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #10
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

When you start a new game in 2/3/4 the stats for that class will be boosted to the max of the last game, 1 is 100, 2 is 200, 3 is 300 and 4 is 400. When you import a character it leaves the stats as they were if it is from the last game. If you are importing from a game that is not the one just before it, i.e. taking a character who only completed 1 and you import to 4 it will boost the stats up to 300 by pretty much adding 200 to any of the skills with points in it.

Either way doesn't matter since you will still need to remax the stats out anyway and neither is any more challenging. It isn't high stats to be starting out with the starting stats.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86