Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #21
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin View Post
what i really want to do is to play as a german/russian/iraqian(?) invading/sneaking/running and shooting americans in the face. using one side view only is kinda boring in the end.

i want to be one of the "bad guys" for a change.
This pisses me off.
You do realize that nearly every war game based on WWII let's you play as a variety of nations such as Germany, Russian, Italy and so and so forth? Not only that, but there are even WWII RTS games that do the same.

Oh, and only Americans? How about, Brits, Australians, Canadians, Frenchies, Poles, South Africans, and Russians as well? Since you know, the Russians were fighting against the Germans on the eastern front in the later part of the war.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 20-07-2008, 07:07 AM   #22
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
and how are russian bad guys?
*cracks his fingers*
"You are very lucky comrade! Or you have small head!"
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "TheChosen
F*** you.

Sorry. That was my inner Nintendo-fanboyism.
Wii does suck!
I have one here and the last time I turned it on was May....

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 20-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #23
Talin
Game freak

Quote:
and how are russian bad guys?
*cracks his fingers*

sorry about that, but you have been portrayed as evil in alot of games, you need to make more games where you are the "good guys" (kind alike STALKER)

Quote:
This pisses me off.
You do realize that nearly every war game based on WWII let's you play as a variety of nations such as Germany, Russian, Italy and so and so forth? Not only that, but there are even WWII RTS games that do the same.

Oh, and only Americans? How about, Brits, Australians, Canadians, Frenchies, Poles, South Africans, and Russians as well? Since you know, the Russians were fighting against the Germans on the eastern front in the later part of the war.

well you seem very easy to piss off, or do i have some sort of talent at doing that

yea i know alot of WWII games let you play as British, Russian etc, but i was talking about FPS games, not RTS. id love to play as a Polish, South African or a French soldier in a WWII or WWIII FPS.

but i was talking about the opposite side, the enemies. playing as a German trying desperatly to hold Berlin from Russian advance, hold Iwo Jima as a Japanese soldier as American Marines try to smoke you out with flamethrowers, fighting the British as a Boer soldier in the bushy plains of Africa, as a Russian sailor against the Japanese at Tsushima and so on.

and i said American cuz most of FPS ensamble is "America against all the others", sorry but it was not meant as a personal offence.

Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin
Old 20-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #24
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Battlefield....

For Mother Russia!

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 23-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #25
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin View Post

sorry about that, but you have been portrayed as evil in alot of games, you need to make more games where you are the "good guys" (kind alike STALKER)
That one is in Ukraine. Ukrainians are nto Russians. :P

Quote:
well you seem very easy to piss off, or do i have some sort of talent at doing that

yea i know alot of WWII games let you play as British, Russian etc, but i was talking about FPS games, not RTS. id love to play as a Polish, South African or a French soldier in a WWII or WWIII FPS.

but i was talking about the opposite side, the enemies. playing as a German trying desperatly to hold Berlin from Russian advance, hold Iwo Jima as a Japanese soldier as American Marines try to smoke you out with flamethrowers, fighting the British as a Boer soldier in the bushy plains of Africa, as a Russian sailor against the Japanese at Tsushima and so on.

and i said American cuz most of FPS ensamble is "America against all the others", sorry but it was not meant as a personal offence.
No he is easy to get upset. But you do have a point here. It's not just the bad guys it's also the allies. What FPS let's you play as russian partisan? Huh?

return to castle wolfenstein - american/english agent with polish name
medal of honour - american (!?)
DOD - american
WW2 GI - american
Delta force - american

list goes on...
... i am waiting for yours.

America saves the world. what would we do without them... :worried:

anyway i have good news for you mr Talin, there are in fact games where you play for example as a member of Hezbolah shooting Israeli soldiers while fighting against their occupation. graphics and gameplay is not as bad (at leats from screenshots i saw). but be warned accessing their sites though - "big brother" is watching you. so, do it from school or cyber cafe :laugh:
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 23-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #26
Talin
Game freak

Quote:
anyway i have good news for you mr Talin, there are in fact games where you play for example as a member of Hezbolah shooting Israeli soldiers while fighting against their occupation. graphics and gameplay is not as bad (at leats from screenshots i saw). but be warned accessing their sites though - "big brother" is watching you. so, do it from school or cyber cafe :laugh:
ive already tried it, but it bugged out on me since im on Vista nowadays

was waiting for that mod that enables you to play as a German in Call of Duty with its own singleplayer story, but i think it got cancelled.

and since the new FRA laws was enacted here in Sweden "Big Brother" really is watching me.
if you dont hear from me after this post close my account since im prob been arrested and sent to some workcamp and will not log in here anymore
Old 23-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #27
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well.. france.. viva la revolution, you know=P
Old 23-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #28
Talin
Game freak

meh, wouldnt work here, we have become too meek since the defeat at Narva.
-_-
Old 04-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #29
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugerfang View Post
RTCW was basically "run around and shoot Germans and monsters in the face" the gameplay was very boring.
lol replace monsters with mutants and you get Wolfenstein 3d!
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon