Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #371
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
It's the final battle, so you can spend everything you have, it doesn't matter, spend all herbs you have without worrying.
It does matter if he plans to import his party after the final save, which comes after the ending sequence, into Shadows over Riva. He would want to save all the herbs as they can be sold for good money, and money is actually exactly one thing that isn't imported over to Shadow over Riva from previous games.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 19-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #372
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

SoR will be easy enough with an imported party (so much stronger than the pregenerated characters) even without having any herbs at the start.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 16-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #373
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

Sorry guys that it took me so long to reply. Thank you for helping me out with Arkandor. I will unleash a few fireballs and see what Arkandor has to say about my magician afterwards. Anyway, thank you all for the moral support. Next stop, Shadows over Riva, part three.
________
LITTLEBUTTERFYFOR4

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 12:41 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #374
OBMiT
Forum hobbit

Um.. Just try to reinstall DOSbox?

Anyways, this game makes me.. Hmm I probably can't say that on here.. Well, the music is probably some of the best music in oldgames ever.. I have a lot of old computer game music (well, I'm a musician myself), and fx000-20 is definitely among it!
OBMiT is offline                         Send a private message to OBMiT
Old 13-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #375
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Realms of Arkania 2 - Star Trail was re-released recently within the new Das Schwarze Auge - Nordlandtrilogie. Seems to be a bad edition, but nevertheless, the game is sold again, and therefore not available for download at Abandonia anymore.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #376
Maato
Default patch

It's one of my favourite games. I made my first patch on it. I patched kid faces made by imported saves from Blade of Destiny :-).

Old 17-05-2009, 06:44 AM   #377
AnOrangeCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchsen View Post
Realms of Arkania 2 - Star Trail was re-released recently within the new Das Schwarze Auge - Nordlandtrilogie. Seems to be a bad edition, but nevertheless, the game is sold again, and therefore not available for download at Abandonia anymore.
Any news about an english edition of this collection?

Old 26-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #378
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hi guys.
Have a quick question.
How can I defeat the six dwarves and zombie of the Dwarf Pit? It seems I always miss my attacks or the dwarves parry. The only way I have found is to petrify them with magic, but that's costly and innacurate.

Any tips?
(party is lvl 3, green elf - warrior - she jester - magician - silvan elf - magician)
You can also use the following to defeat them:-

Healing Potion(during combat), Strong Healing Potion(during combat), Hylaillian Fire Potions(during combat), Kukris Dagger, Kukris Mengbilar, Necrophobia Belt, Strength Belt(there are 6 or 7).

The items listed above can be found within the Dwarven Pit on Levels 1,2 and 3. An extra pair of hands can be useful, get your Elf to cast the Visibili spell(Preferably 4 points).

Have Fun
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 12:42 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 22-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #379
A-ramazon
Default Weapons

Okay so I was hoping it would be fixed by the time I tried Star Trail, but nope, still the same problem....THERE ARE NO POLEARMS!

A pike and a trident should be bloody polearms!! They count as pointed weapons...what the heck...

At least can spears be used properly now?

Has anything changed regarding weapons from Blade of Destiny...

I was talking to NPC's about weapons and apparently axes are good with heavy armor, is it actually true that armor doesn't impair axe attack skill that much?

Also they commented on the epee being good. I've been interested in that. Can a rapier actually be better than a sword? I mean purely stat wise, one should pretty much just use warriors with swords, cause they are by far the best. Most weapons in the game suck anyways, like is there a difference between the foil, epee, and rapier, other than weight and value? Most of them just give the -1 to parry skill.

Anywho, I only just started Star Trail, so that's why I'm wondering, cause I'm hoping it might be different.

Old 22-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #380
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

The weapons don't change much in ST. No one traveled back in time to change the popular classic P&P rules according to your wishes.

Axes are good with heavy armor since the armor protection makes parrying less necessary.

The game features several classes, they have different skills and start with different skill values in different weapons. Some classes can fight best with rapiers, some with swords and some with axes.
Swords do only 5-10 damage, there are many weapons which do 6-11 or even more damage. Damage is more important than attack and parry values when weapon skill or enemy AC is high.

Warrior isn't the best class. Warriors refuse to use poison, in BoD all other classes could do far more damage considering how powerful poison was. Poison is not that powerful in ST any more.

Even in ST warrior isn't the best class.
Spellcasters can cast powerful spells and get more hitpoints at level up. Dwarves can wear the same armor, don't get a -2 penalty to magic resistance, and start with 10 extra hitpoints and better axe skill. The by far best weapon in the trilogy is a magical axe you can find in part1 and part3.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster