Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-10-2007, 02:12 AM   #81
Guest_leothelion_*

Which season is breeding season? I can't play missions so i don't know.

Old 23-10-2007, 01:40 AM   #82
Guest_leothelion_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest leothelion @ Sep 26 2007, 09:41 AM) [snapback]313244[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have two problems, first i can't play missions, i clicked on new player waited over 30 minutes. and Second when i view lion safari i get a hr_flic.c 0-14 error, sometimes instantly sometimes after a few minutes. But sim mode works fine. I have read the entire thread. I have windows xp but i'm running it in DOSBox and i have my DOSBox cycles at 16000. I adjustd the path in LIONS.CFG to DOSBox-Path, the game itself is in a directory on my drive C: called Oldgames.
But it still doesn't work. please help!
[/b]
I found the problem, i'm retarded. I thought the area were you enter your name was a loading bar.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #83
Guest_Joe_*

For those that are still having problems, here's basically what you do:
Download the game
Unzip the files
Extract into the file (Cdriver-which if you followed the directions for Dosbox you'll know where that is.)
Open up Dosbox
If you're still having problems changing it to your C drive simply type: c c:\
After that change to the location- MY EXAMPLE where I placed mine was in my program files
which the command (cd progra~1) then (cd dosbox) then (cd cdrive) then (cd lion) then (lion again)
I too was getting that retarded message so what I did next was go to my lion folder and within it is a
Configuration file which is abbreviated. If it says you do not have a program to launch- just browse your system for notepad.
After you've done that a small, very small, configuration sentence will be there- Instead of the current path
change that to Dosbox-path, and then tell it where you have your file stored.
Once again MY EXAMPLE considering I put the folder in my programs would be
DOSBox-Path=C:\DOSbox\CDrive\LION
Your may vary depending on where you've put yours.

I hope this helps, just simplifying all the other posts on the thread!

~Joe

Old 01-12-2007, 09:05 PM   #84
alsjunk
Lurker

Yeah, I've gotten to play as far as picking an lion/lioness and well then it goes blank. I am fond of the simulation and not missions, so ever time I make an scenario, picking the time,season etc. I continue to lions and once I've picked them all, POP! I go back to my background, it doesn't freeze or anything. It's weird. P.S I don't use the dosbox, I still get the hr_hires.c #1.-1 Though I can get wolf to work, I have wolf and lion in the same place and use the same method of loading it. Any suggestions?

Last edited by alsjunk; 01-12-2007 at 09:09 PM.
alsjunk is offline                         Send a private message to alsjunk
Old 19-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #85
miter69
Lurker

Default Tips

In order to save the game you have to pres alt and o at the same time (o for options) If anyone has a link to the game with either A... a full version with sound or B...a hint and or tip guide it would be appreciated by many...

I first played a Demo of this game from an issue of PC gamer when I was like 13.....thats it...all I played was the demo and I loved it...Im 26 now and have no idea how and or why I remembered to search for this game...any help and or tips for the game would be appreciated...
miter69 is offline                         Send a private message to miter69
Old 19-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #86
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

The full version is available at Abandonia's ISO Cellar. But you have to wait a bit since there are two requirements at the moment: one week of forum membership and 20 posts. (Don't spam now. )
Old 18-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #87
Kitsuneko

So, getting the ISO file through the forum here, is that the only way to get the sound files? I mean, I don't particularly mind signing up and whatnot, but it'd be nice if there was an easier way...
Also, I have figured out mating, but has anyone actually gotten cubs? How long does it take?
Kitsuneko is offline                         Send a private message to Kitsuneko
Old 19-03-2008, 03:27 AM   #88
zoolooau

Hey ya all

I dont know if anyone still looks on here or has tryed it but if you press space and then press on the moon in the bottom right (having full water and food helps) but it passes a lot of time then just eat, drink and do it again. Still takes a while to get cubs but its helps
zoolooau is offline                         Send a private message to zoolooau
Old 19-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #89
Kitsuneko

Yeah, the problem with that is it doesn't actually make the months or seasons go any faster. You could have played through 1000 days and still not be through the dry season (as has happened to me). It can be useful to pass the time, but then I suppose you run the risk of running out of prey if you do it too much...
Kitsuneko is offline                         Send a private message to Kitsuneko
Old 21-03-2008, 01:04 AM   #90
KapuAaka

I like this game but it's not as good as wolf but still it took forever for me to get it to work but I did it! Question how do you mate?
KapuAaka is offline                         Send a private message to KapuAaka