Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-08-2007, 03:42 AM   #61
Ray
Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ May 19 2005, 08:30 PM) [snapback]108684[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV was released for Windows.
[/b]
Where I can get the game?

Old 21-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #62
mercenary

I might be able to post it, putting it in Requests.
mercenary is offline                         Send a private message to mercenary
Old 21-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #63
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Seems abandonware.
(detail on request)
Old 20-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #64

i can't seem to run it pls help!

Old 20-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #65
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Most games on Abandonia need DOSBox to run properly.
A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox should help you get started.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #66
just some guy

if I remember correctly, hacking the save files for this game was very easy. Just search for the name of the character you want to edit as a string and his stats are right there after his name. Just write down what order they are in and you shouldn't have any trouble messing around with stuff. Make sure you make a copy of your save files ahead of time, just in case.

Old 22-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #67
mercenary

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Sep 20 2007, 03:18 PM) [snapback]312060[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Most games on Abandonia need DOSBox to run properly.
A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox should help you get started.
[/b]
No need, just click on koei.com, not on exe.
I posted HEX edit cheats on previous page.
mercenary is offline                         Send a private message to mercenary
Old 01-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #68

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 11 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]293910[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
im trying, but i think im missing something. I dont seem to have ANY influence in a city where i dont have my ruler. Is that the way it should be? I would have liked to be able to recall half the army i used to capture a city without moving my ruler there, or order supplies moved from that city to others without 'being there' in person
[/b]
If you want any sort of direct control of a particular province, you have to assign a Governor that is capable of achieving a rank of General or Advisor (assuming you have the province set on direct rule and not delegated). Military and Civilian Officers cannot be governed under direct rule.

Best rule of thumb for this game is to assign Military and Civilian Officers to govern provinces where you have completely barricaded with your front line provinces. They will then automatically send provisions to provinces as needed if they have enough to spare.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:27 AM   #69
Made In Thailand

Romance of The Three Kingdoms III can Play in windowsXP

Method
1. Created Shotcut KOEI.EXE TO DESKTOP

2. Right Click Select Property

3. TO TAB MEMORY SET Expanded (EMS) memory = AUTO

4. TO TAB Compatibilty set Check Run This Program in Compatibilty mode = Windows 95
Check Run in 256 Color
Check Run In 800X600
5. To Play Shotcut KOEI
6. Have Fun

If MAIN.EXE Not Enough MEMORY THEN
1. EDIT CONFIG.NT AT C:\windows\system32\CONFIG.NT

old Syntex
----------
dos=high, umb
device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
files=40
------------
New Syntex
REM dos=high, umb
device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
files=15
-------------

2. Save File Config.nt
3. Restart
4. Play Shotcut Koei
5. Have Fun

------------------------------
I am Playing Romance of The Three Kingdoms III Have Fun Very Much
-----------------------------

I am Language English is week Sorry na

Old 12-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #70
myemail987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
Ahhh, this game is friggin hard, even on beginner.

Im using Yui Lun/Liu Yun (sp?), the dude in the lower west of the map, hes got a fair number of officers and lots of nice empty cities nearby for funds, I make alliances with Cao Cao, Liu Biou (sp? the dude in the south) and Dong Zhou. Its on fictional mode so officers appear anywhere.

I decide that not fighting is a bit boring so I expand northwards and attack Meng something who just seems to sit in his hovel unless you expand to the city next to his one city territory.

Then I slaughter him using my advanced military force and start whooping his behind.
Then suddenly out of nowhere Dong Zhou revokes the alliance and starts massacaring my territories, to be fair i did spread myself a lil too thin but his force he sent to attack one city was greater then my overall force and was still better trained then all my troops.

And it didnt help when the officers I captured from Meng got bribed away during battles and started attacking me.

Then Liu Biou (sp?) starts doing a joint invasion on my main cities, needless to say I was slaughtered by the two prong attack and quickly died.

Anyone got any good advice on making a powerful army using my dude, its more easy with Dong Zhou as he has Lu Bu, who kicks behind and can always retreat thanks to his luvly horse (not that he needs to because he does actually kick behind).

I just want to try and use a few of the harder chars to see how well I fare. Any advice would be well appreciated.
Advice:
1. If you are totally new, pick Cao Cao. Dont develope the cities, just draft, train, attack.
2. Alliances are okay, but cannot be a crutch. If they revoke an alliance, they will lose loyalty of their officers. You must defend their surprise attack and then recruit their officers.
3. Officers are you backbone. Recruit, search, spy and steal. For the good ones, use your items. For govenors who have 85 loyalty or less, use items. Bloodless cous are awesome! Reward your guys always. If you have more than 1 with less than 100 loyalty, just make sure you select them all and give them coin, even 2-3 each will give you 1-3 loyalty a round, CHEAP. Of course if you are rich and rolling the war machine, give them 100 each and watch it rise by 5-10 a turn!
4. Know where you will expand, and how to defend the areas. Cities that are "gateways" to different areas are great to take, and leave lots of soldiers there, so you can concentrate on your front lines.
5. Never leave a city on the front with less than 20k troops and 10k+ in easy replacements (next door city who has officer other than govenor with troops) Never leave big defensive city without 30k+ to send to battlefields. You want to defend on battlefields. USE SPIES to make sure these numbers will suffice. 30k will not be good if your next door guy is a powerhouse with 120k ready to strike.
6. Leave only guys with 100 loyalty as governors. Make sure they are generals or advisors on front lines(so you can direct rule). Back line guys can be whatever, as long as they are loyal.
7. Leaving a medium power guy in between you and guy who has 20 cities can be an advantage. When the big power comes in and you get the call for help, send in as many archers as possible and just chew up as many troops as possible. There is free money to be made, and even if the power wins, you made him weaker for it.
8. I like to attack with Calvary and defend with archers. Use charge for all small forces (5k or less) to clean them out faster, use simil attack on big forces (you usually can kill at a 10 to 1 ratio with full training) and charge all archer forces. Archers can be a secondary attack force behind the calv. Defending with archers is the best. Sit behind the wall and rain the arrows as they try to knock the doors down. Know the defensive squares and sit on them: forrest, ramparts, castles, hills and buildings.
9. Cities are important. Pick your attacks wisely! Larger cities support more forces. Once you get 3 civil officers (or you are like me and custom create a ruler with 3 civic guys with 90+ pol) develop economy 12 months a year, 6 mo at a time. Once the cashflow exceeds just basic developing, you can buy weapons, draft huge armies and develop some food. Developing food is cheaper than buying it, but cash is still the most flexible thing in the game, so dont waste your last 500 gold growing food, save it to bribe or recruit with gold. Buy food as a last resort there. An economy over 1000 is good, once you have more than 1 city with that, or 1 big city with 2000 or so, you should be able to fund your war machine.
10. Everyone has their own war machine method. I like to set a front line city up with my main force 60k+(100/100+ train/moral) and draft train the refill force. Attack with the generals, and leave about 1 full squad (15k+) behind with the 100/100 guys and the 10k+ in training. When the attack wins, pull up civic and extra officers and refill the generals troops with 100/100 guys you just trained/rallied. Make sure you leave cites with open sides with enough troops. Even 15k full 100/100 guys can be enough if you have a huge force able to reinforce 1 city away, as long as your rival doesnt hit you with much more than 40k. Calvary is great here too, which is why I have at least 30k of them on the front lines.

Anyways, I learned this game on SNES years ago. I just picked up this computer version and I see a new stat on the city screen "Sold". Anyone know what it is. It can be used in diplomacy, but I have no idea otherwise???
myemail987 is offline                         Send a private message to myemail987