Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #51
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Only if you are running the game in DosBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-04-2007, 10:38 PM   #52
Liza
Thumbs up

I still don't get where to find the numbers to call. It says to check my beeper, but I have no idea where that is. I don't know where to search for that life and death code.txt file either...there isn't one in my computer and when I search the internet it leads me here...help, please.

Old 18-04-2007, 06:35 AM   #53
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Arent the numbers in the manual?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 21-06-2007, 01:57 AM   #54
arlesya
world wanderer

Wink

I can't believe this game was here all the time and I hadn't seen it!!!! Oh, my, oh, my!!! I was just about to post one of these days a thread asking for the name of this game!!

*and it's time for another "arlesya reminiscence moment"* (well, there was no violin)

My stepdaddy had his first PC when I was around 8. It was one of those monitors that had only yellow and black as collors. For us it was like the greatest thing ever. Well, my stepdad bought the PC from his uncle, so there were some games there. One of them was this. We liked to play it together. I tried to play it by myself many times, but language was a real barrier for me at the time and I didn't really get the medical lessons. So I just had fun checking people's tummies and listen to the "Ouch", "Yikes" - specially the ladies, because it sounded like a guy's voice - and afterwards when they complained how annoying it was. LOL I wasn't even 10 yet, so forgive me. I also loved to performe surgeries, although I didn't know how to diagnose people. They often died, but, hey!!, who told them to go to a 9 year-old doctor? I didn't.

I'm trying to play it again now and finally the English is ok to me. (Btw, have I told you that my English became strong because of videogames?). I think it's a fun game to play. I didn't know it had "collours"! For me it was only yellow! Wow! :w00t:
Well, what I think it's funny about this game also is: it doesn't matter how many patients you kill , they still trust you!! It's amazing how much faith the people in the hospital have in you! "Oh, you killed him. What a shame! Go back to medical school and have another patient". What a punch of positive people!... not to mention a little homicidal too

I still love this game and I'm very happy to remember those old moments - the ones I first start getting hooked up in games - by playing it again. Another score, Abandonia! k:
Old 01-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #55

The code file is in the main life and death folder, which if your like me is on your desktop...

Old 03-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #56

The first Life and Death I played, and I'm quite sure it was LD-was the newer one with real people and video-don't know what version for sure, but playing this old one, I can see the series has pretty much been the same, oddness and all-but fun.
BTW, I couldn't figure out how to dial the extension numbers, and I'm glad I found the answer here.

So has anyone played the newer version/or versions? The newer one I played had much more to do like checking their heartrate, bandaging, but not sure about surgery-also it was more graphic, with patients coming in with horrible cuts and rashes....there were a few weird things, like there was this bowl you could click on, and I was wondering what "stool sample" was.... the animation stunned me :blink: ---hah, nothing too bad, it was just a small animation of the poop piling up, but it was pretty gross.... think it even had farting noises LOL

Old 16-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #57

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 3 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]297722[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The first Life and Death I played, and I'm quite sure it was LD-was the newer one with real people and video-don't know what version for sure, but playing this old one, I can see the series has pretty much been the same, oddness and all-but fun.
BTW, I couldn't figure out how to dial the extension numbers, and I'm glad I found the answer here.

So has anyone played the newer version/or versions? The newer one I played had much more to do like checking their heartrate, bandaging, but not sure about surgery-also it was more graphic, with patients coming in with horrible cuts and rashes....there were a few weird things, like there was this bowl you could click on, and I was wondering what "stool sample" was.... the animation stunned me :blink: ---hah, nothing too bad, it was just a small animation of the poop piling up, but it was pretty gross.... think it even had farting noises LOL
[/b]

You're thinking of Emergency Room made by Legacy Interactive.

Old 16-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #58
Muad&#39;Dib

Both this and the sequel are hard :S I guess I'm really not used to simple orders like cut this part, stitch it. ehehe
Muad&#39;Dib is offline                         Send a private message to Muad&#39;Dib
Old 02-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #59
WilliamC23
Abandonia nerd

Default Article written about the author of the game, Dr. Mylo Thant

I just discovered this short article on the internet on Dr. Mylo Thant. http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore...0/smallb4.html
WilliamC23 is offline                         Send a private message to WilliamC23
Old 10-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #60
KatanaGeldar

Thanks for the info on the peritoeum, I'll have to go back and try it as that's the bit that always gets me though I can do EVERYTHING else right