Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #161
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Hmm, I think he meant 4 tracks, not 4 cups, and the game indeed crashes after every 4th or 5th track, varies. If you play the last, fourth cup though, the game unfortunately 'always' crashes after you've won and the credits are about to load, because there're 5 tracks to come through. The only way to be able to have won and unlocked some nice cars seems to be to modify the configuration files by yourself...
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 01-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #162
siv9939

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ Aug 31 2007, 08:57 AM) [snapback]307944[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hmm, I think he meant 4 tracks, not 4 cups, and the game indeed crashes after every 4th or 5th track, varies. If you play the last, fourth cup though, the game unfortunately 'always' crashes after you've won and the credits are about to load, because there're 5 tracks to come through. The only way to be able to have won and unlocked some nice cars seems to be to modify the configuration files by yourself...
[/b]
I guess that's why they made cheat codes.
siv9939 is offline                         Send a private message to siv9939
Old 02-09-2007, 10:34 AM   #163
Dogwolf

Micro Machines esq! Great!
Dogwolf is offline                         Send a private message to Dogwolf
Old 16-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #164
Muad&#39;Dib

It's one of the few racing games I liked ever.

Maybe the idea of little cars got me into this,because of their agility probably
Muad&#39;Dib is offline                         Send a private message to Muad&#39;Dib
Old 19-09-2007, 06:47 AM   #165
Warrn

First off, whoever said that the company who bought Acclaim's properties made RC Revenge Pro is very, very wrong. Acclaim made that. Throwback has, so far, not released a single game.

As for the glitches, I'm not sure what exactly is in the Abandonia file (I have the original disc), but after installing the latest patches and setting it to Win98 compatibility mode, it never crashes. Ever. Technically, I don't even have the latest patch, I use the 0916 patch because I have the CD and love the soundtrack. For anyone using this version, you should certainly use 1207, as it is the last patch. I've never encountered the random rotating screen on any of the five computers I've played this on, so I'm not sure how you deal with that. I can tell you that there is an unfixed bug with Ghost Town 2; it will crash if you play the level with more than the default 8 cars. Other than that, as long as the files in the zip are good, it should work fine. I've never had trouble moving my data from PC to PC in that way.

Old 28-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #166

esse jogo é o completo????

Old 28-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #167
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Ummm. what?

EDIT:
The guest asks if this is the complete game.
Yes, it is. Every game on Abandonia are complete versions, although some may have had speech and video cut-scenes removed due to size limitations.

Please, ask in English the next time. Don't worry if you think it's not good enough, it is.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:34 AM   #168
Patrunjelu
Abandonia nerd

yeah the game is pretty cool. and quite hard... . i mean extremely hard >.>
i can't believe it's abandonware i just bought it like one year ago...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:50 AM   #169
Scatty
Treasure hunter

If you play it on the easiest level, where the speed isn't that high and the maneuverability isn't such a pain in he behind, you can play it even with keyboard keys without problems. The higher difficulty levels are IMO anyway only useful for time trials to unlock inversed and reversed versions of the tracks, or to reach otherwise inaccessible stars for new cars, but not that really suitable for normal runs.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 27-10-2007, 05:05 AM   #170

I *LOVE* this awesome racing game, although it's hard...