Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #441
droma
Forum hobbit

The node's influence extends to all squares covered by the glittering (your colour) squares when a node is taken over. Ranged units like the longbowmen are often the best against phantom warriors/beasts with thier ignore armour, and low armour. I generally prefer to rely on quick cavalry with maybe 1 or 2 ranged units, preferably slingers or magicians. But in your stated cases theres nothing wrong with using the longbowmen. k:
Youll love the berserkers im sure, thrown is one of the most underappreciated unit abilities/skills, and its not something limited to the berserkers, barbarian spearmen are real nasty too with thrown.

droma is offline                         Send a private message to droma
Old 25-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #442
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Berserkers have not +3 thrown attack but +7 on Ultra-elite level, while all other melee units of Barbarians have only +3 thrown attack. So taken that into account, berserkers should be able to kill hammerheads without much harm, if they attack first. As for longbow men, if they have the adamantium bonus on them they're real killing machines, except on summoned demons and skeletons as these have missile immunity (magicians are killers on those).
Chaos channels spell seems to have a bug on it, as if you have any chaos channels effect applied to an unit, it seems always to be getting +2 defense bonus in combat no matter which chaos channels effect is applied to it. In case of +2 defense bonus a unit has even +5 defense in combat as I noticed few times when I had that spell. Maybe it's just some kind of bonus though, if the player has enough chaos books available.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 29-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #443
kevin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hyosho @ Dec 9 2004, 06:22 PM) [snapback]35351[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I played this game... ooh, ages ago, but I could have sworn there was an option to create a new wizard, or at least customise them (selecting their schools of magic, special abilities etc) am I wrong, or is it here somewhere?

I see the itemmake command is still there for creating absurdly powerful artefacts tho...
[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Niles @ Sep 2 2004, 10:36 AM) [snapback]11964[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Master of Magic has an absurdly high conventional memory requirement. There is no way you could get it to run under any version of windows because of that. You will need a fairly good computer to get it to run smoothly under DOSBox. I'dd say a 1.2 Ghrz will do the trick.
[/b]

u can get it to run in windows xp without sound by setting expanded(EMS) memory to max on a right clicked magic.exe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hyosho @ Dec 9 2004, 06:22 PM) [snapback]35351[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I played this game... ooh, ages ago, but I could have sworn there was an option to create a new wizard, or at least customise them (selecting their schools of magic, special abilities etc) am I wrong, or is it here somewhere?

I see the itemmake command is still there for creating absurdly powerful artefacts tho...
[/b]

its as simple as selecting custom on the character selection screen man

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 29 2004, 01:04 AM) [snapback]42894[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi, somebody know how to play this game in multiplayer?
the Review says that the game includes a multiplayer feature, but i can`t find it.

Sorry for my english, I`m argentinian (that country in south america) so i only know English from games, internet, and television.
[/b]

back in the day I played this game on a still dos based computer with an unsupported unlicensed program that let u play with people in a hot seat system(they don't look at your screen when your playing) and you had to let the computer play your defending units on auto

Old 29-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #444
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Kevin: Could you please use the "Quote" button instead of the "Reply" button? This way all the posts you want to quote will appear in one post instead of several, and this topic becomes much more tidy.
Old 31-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #445
Camille2005

Hello with all and all,

I love really well Master of Magic that j'en east make a site (http://masterofmagic.free.fr) and a forum in French language. They are not yet complete because I discover new things with each part.

There is new Master of Magic, or l'on will be able to play there under XP and in networks (http://www.roughseas.ca/momime/)

Veiled, j'espère that the regulators will not remove my a little advertising message...

Camille2005 is offline                         Send a private message to Camille2005
Old 31-07-2007, 05:01 PM   #446
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

maybe a little dictionary next time

(but thanks for the link to the xp version)
Old 31-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #447
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

nah...she's lovely without dictonary :wub: LOL
Old 31-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #448
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well i must admit that this realy made me burst in to laugh LOL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Camille2005 @ Jul 31 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]302152[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I love really well Master of Magic[/b]
i know, my mind is sick =/ but at least i didnt ask how good is he
Old 31-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #449
Erinautical

I installed this, mounted via DosBox but it tanks after the intro, saying it can't find "wizards.lbx" and sure enough, no such thing exists in the directory. I patched but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Old 31-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #450
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

must have been corrupted download or unpdated winzip cause i have the file in my masters of magic directory.

reuploaded selfextracting archive if you wish http://www.sendspace.com/file/gaqxfj