Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #51
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

"gloriana.bat" (but use dosbox to run the game)
Old 16-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #52

hmmm...I dont have that program?

Old 16-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #53
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

now im not sure whether you mean dosbox or call the batch file program. if you mean dosbox, get it here http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1
if you mean the "gloriana.bat" write us list with excutables which you have
Old 19-04-2007, 04:29 AM   #54

My game goes into a black screen everytime I accept a guy's offer of 2000 pounds to get his mercenaries to Scotland. Any advice?

Old 25-04-2007, 05:39 AM   #55

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 19 2007, 04:29 AM) [snapback]287437[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
My game goes into a black screen everytime I accept a guy's offer of 2000 pounds to get his mercenaries to Scotland. Any advice?
[/b]
i usually talk to the first mate and then agree to take him only to take him to london never had a bad screen there .

Old 27-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #56

I had this game as a (German) original back in the day.
Here's some stuff I remember which might clear things up a bit.
1. Bugs:
The game is horribly bugged in the unpatched version and AFAIK only 10% of those bugs were patched. Also judging from the text files (in the German version) it seems that there were a lot more missions planned than made it into the game.
2. Adventure:
The game has sort of a quest line that includes several missions you do for the queen and might even reward you with some nice videos.
However the line is not continuous and each part requires you to be in a certain port during a certain period of time. So you can easily miss your next mission which will kill most of or even the whole questline.
3. Trade:
Elizabeth I. employs a new trade system which is outright stupid and was fixed in Patrizier II (The Patrician 2 in English afaik).
Price is calculated by supply and demand as in most of those games BUT supply includes not only what's in store at the port but also what you got in your ship.
If you were for example bringing 2 shiploads of beer to a town that has no beer at all, the price would plummet because there's a lot of beer on your ships and you wouldn't be able to sell at a profit. The only way to work around this is to limit the amount of each type of cargo you haul. The upside is, that you can keep prices low for goods you want to buy frequently just by keeping enough of them in stock at the port.

cheers Bharatma

Old 29-06-2007, 04:09 AM   #57

I can't install, i dont know what i have to do...

What file i have to open?

I have bad english...

Sorry

Thanks

Old 29-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #58
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

read-posts-above =)
Old 29-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #59
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #60
FobicoDAM

Ok, i have mastered the game... almost... i still cant get the "reputation" thing.. making bussiness i managed to have 1000000 pounds on cash money, some bussines and loooots of investment on the guild and loaning the state (if you want money, forget about piracy, invest on every guild trek).

Then.. the caos... im welcomed on London .. something like "People is glad you are here" or something similar, with lots of money, a Galleon with lots of cannons (just to expend some money, cause i rarely travel to another city, just to queen's bussines) and when i try to loan the state again or get my money back a trial appears and im sentenced to 90 days on jail... i cant understand the reason... thing will never go the same after that..

Any hint? its boring to go after 1576 with lots of money and nothing to spend it...

I tried to be pirate with my super galleon but it seems to be too powerfull and I cant capture any ship (obviously im playing on Pasive action for sea battles, the mouse aim action is patetic), so its useless...

Is there any end? or just make money to be first on the queen's attendence list? im 4 right now.