Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #51

What a stupid review.

This guy is an idiot if he thinks that SF2 was unoriginal; "brings nothing new, even for its time". Errr, wrong. SF2 had so many new features, you could write a book explaining them all. It redefined the fighting game as we know it and spawing a million wannabes and spin-offs. Do your history next time. SF2 pre-dates Mortal Kombat (not "Combat") and just about every one on one fighter that's any good. It's also far more popular worldwide. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Anyway, PC visuals are alright but I'd stick to the arcade myself.

Old 17-04-2007, 07:15 AM   #52
live2enjoy

Smile

I couldn't have said it better my self. Both the review and scores are total bullshit. I've seen crappy primitive games with horrid graphics and absolutely no replay value get 4's and 5's along with a [shall we say] sugar-coated review. And SF2 gets a 3? There are a lot of games which I played in my life that I like, but non of those games I consider perfect. Non except the original Street Fighter II. The only thing that made it even more perfect is its sequel SFII Champion Edition which gave you control of the 4 bosses including Bison.

You can play this game for an entire month without getting bored... and once you do start to tire of it, just start playing other people (as in human opponents)! k:

The game is perfect, I cannot understate that enough. Personally I like Sega's Eternal Champions and SNK's King of Fighter series, but if I didn't admit Street Fighter II was the best 2d fighting game ever made I'd just be lying to myself. This and Virtua Fighter (for 3d) are the 2 games which all other fighter's aspire to be. Street Fighter II not only set the benchmark in 1991, it still is more fun to play than 99% of all other fighters.

Kon-Tiki get your head out of your behind and realize this game owns you!!

This is what I think of your review!
live2enjoy is offline                         Send a private message to live2enjoy
Old 17-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #53
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'm afraid Kon-Tiki cannot read your comments or reply to them.
I do agree however that SF2 deserves at least a 4 (and that's if the reviewer got picky).

If you think so badly of the current review, maybe one of you would like to write a new one?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #54
Guest_lUCIANO_*

Im not even a native english speaker and...

when I read the review I thought.. Who wrote this muck? The review sucks... I didnt believe it.

Wish I could speak a better english and then explain my self a little better to let you know how awfull and horrible that review was. IMAO :P

Old 06-07-2007, 03:26 AM   #55
ravaged_warrior

"Street Fighter II is unoriginal" is, without a doubt, one of the most ridiculous statements ever made about video games, and I couldn't believe that Eagle of Fire said it on the first page, but for it to be in the review is crap. This game is a classic that revolutionized the genre. I mean, sure it seems samey now, with all of the games that took from it, but that's hardly a logical reason to call the first game with these features unoriginal.

Hell, this is a better review of Street Fighter II:

It's a damn good game. 5/5.
ravaged_warrior is offline                         Send a private message to ravaged_warrior
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 AM   #56
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_lUCIANO_* @ Jul 6 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]298066[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Im not even a native english speaker and...

when I read the review I thought.. Who wrote this muck? The review sucks... I didnt believe it.

Wish I could speak a better english and then explain my self a little better to let you know how awfull and horrible that review was. IMAO :P[/b]
AND YOU TOO!

Write a Community Review! :angry:
Old 05-08-2007, 05:55 AM   #57

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ravaged_warrior @ Jul 6 2007, 04:26 AM) [snapback]298084[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
"Street Fighter II is unoriginal" is, without a doubt, one of the most ridiculous statements ever made about video games, and I couldn't believe that Eagle of Fire said it on the first page, but for it to be in the review is crap. This game is a classic that revolutionized the genre. I mean, sure it seems samey now, with all of the games that took from it, but that's hardly a logical reason to call the first game with these features unoriginal.

Hell, this is a better review of Street Fighter II:

It's a damn good game. 5/5.
[/b]
No, the SNES/Genesis/TB16/Arcade versions would get a 5/5 - the PC version is shitty port job with almost no redeemable qualities - hard to believe they could so grandly screw up SFII. You seem to fail to realize that this is a site to review PC games, not console games.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #58
Geckotide

Wow, now this is a blast from the past.
Geckotide is offline                         Send a private message to Geckotide
Old 02-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #59
renafi
Lurker

Sorry for the stupid question, but how can i download this game?
renafi is offline                         Send a private message to renafi
Old 02-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #60
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

im about to start throwing dollars in to my piggy bank for each one asking this.

you can't, it's esa protected