Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #201
Ostien

First off wanted to say great site.

As for Alone in the Dark 1 I downloaded it and it plays great! The bad thing is that I noticed that this is the floppy disk version thus no narration . I have the original CD version (the one with AitD1 and Jack in the dark) and remember playing it when I was a kid.

My question is is it possible for you guys to offer the CD version for download OR any tips on how I would get my CD version working with DosBOX. (Note: I'm running Ubuntu Linux so any tips involving Wine would be helpful)

Thanks

Last edited by arete; 16-10-2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: :)

Old 05-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #202
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally posted by Mousazz @ Feb 2 2007, 07:14 PM
I had a H.P. Lovecraft game called "Call of Cthulhu". it's modern game (better graphics than half-life 2), BUT IT WAS MADE BY "H.P. Lovecraft". CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. After this game, i don't think any kind of another modern game, or dos H.P. Lovecraft games. it's the game that gave my the creeps, but not effects (Call of Cthulhu feels like the enemies would be right outside your door, and you are getting away from them). bad thing i deleted it .
Howard Philips Lovecraft is DEAD. He has been that way for 80 years.
That game is loosely based in the Cthulhu Mythos universe he created. 'S all.

Quote:
My question is is it possible for you guys to offer the CD version for download OR any tips on how I would get my CD version working with DosBOX. (Note: I'm running Ubuntu Linux so any tips involving Wine would be helpful)
1. Could happen in the ISO forum.
2. This might help you.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by arete; 16-10-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: html
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #203
Cool

Hello all,
I may suck but i've been running that supposed creepy game and just after the start I'm killed by a bunch of pixels...sorry, I mean I can't push the locker in front of the window (or loot the piano) and I can't do anything but walking (or run) in the room. How do you execute the commands pls ? I push the escape key, select the order then, but nothing happens when going back in the game (I run DosBox under XP).
Thanks for your help

Bernard (Fr)

Old 08-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #204

When you've selected "Fight" and return to the game, press SPACE and
xour hero will go in fighting position. Press the arrow keys to do attack.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #205
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest @ Feb 7 2007, 03:03 PM Hello all,
I may suck but i've been running that supposed creepy game and just after the start I'm killed by a bunch of pixels...sorry, I mean I can't push the locker in front of the window (or loot the piano) and I can't do anything but walking (or run) in the room. How do you execute the commands pls ? I push the escape key, select the order then, but nothing happens when going back in the game (I run DosBox under XP).
Thanks for your help

Bernard (Fr)

I uploaded the manual and box scans to Tom and Kosta. It should be on the site soon.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor

Last edited by arete; 16-10-2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: html
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #206
Anonymous

So, I have a problem, and I'm hoping you guys can help.

When I start Alone in The Dark, I get a little screen where it asks me to identify some items on page whateverMcWhat.

Now, the copy I got didn't have any manuals or documentation, but when I downloaded Abandonia's manual, it didn't have that either.

Does anyone have a copy of what I need, or at least a clue as to what I'm supposed to select?

Thanks in advance, Anon.

FYI: If it'd be quicker, I can be reached at [BEEEP]@gmail.com.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #207
RyuRanX

Send a message via AIM to RyuRanX

I finish the game on DosBox with no problems. I've tryed to play the sequel, but for an unknown reason I couln'd push the statue on the begining of the game.
RyuRanX is offline                         Send a private message to RyuRanX
Old 13-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #208
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous @ Mar 12 2007, 08:40 PM
When I start Alone in The Dark, I get a little screen where it asks me to identify some items on page whateverMcWhat.

Now, the copy I got didn't have any manuals or documentation, but when I downloaded Abandonia's manual, it didn't have that either.
Does anyone have a copy of what I need, or at least a clue as to what I'm supposed to select?
The copy on Abandonia is cracked. Just enter a random bunch of symbols and press [ENTER].

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by arete; 16-10-2009 at 07:20 AM. Reason: html
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #209
Talking

This is COOL game!

Last edited by arete; 16-10-2009 at 07:20 AM. Reason: :)

Old 21-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #210
Jadorer

Hi all,
I am playing this wonderful oldie, but I have a greeeat problem!! I can't kill the pirate!!!! Actually I AM using the sword from the knight (I read the notice about it in this forum) but apparently it doesn't work; I just don't seem to wound him. How much hits does this need? I think I hit him thirty, fourty times. I don't see blood and he don't die. Can you help me someway? Is it a bug? Have I to begin it all again???... Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!