Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #11
Sartoris

Anybody know anything new about what Bethesda is up to these days? I heard talk about a Fallout MMORPG, but no real facts....What are your opinions on Bethesda doing something like that, even if it is a bit early to talk about a finished product?
Sartoris is offline                         Send a private message to Sartoris
Old 18-02-2007, 01:55 AM   #12
silz
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Oct 5 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]259575[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
No, the developers are good, they've hardly made a bad game in the history of their company.

Personally, people who says its going to suck are losers, it may be different, but it's Fallout, and you should just be happy a sequel is being made for a game almost nobody bought.

Also, if you DON'T make a commercial game 3D during this game and age, you are a moron, this is modern times, you need to have at least decent graphics, it's expected, it's not the most important part, but it's needed, no one wants to buy a $50 game and encounter ugly gritty 2D graphics.
[/b]
3D is good as it creates realism but if it runs like Oblivion FPS style with a crosshair at the center and not an RPG WASD system. Im thinking of the first-person view to a 3rd person view (World of Warcraft comes in mind) and when you want to long range snipe someone, something like the Metal Gear Solid snipe style with fallout style graphics it will be perfect.
silz is offline                         Send a private message to silz
Old 18-02-2007, 03:44 AM   #13
Storm
Abandonia nerd

I'm just wondering, will the game really be in an FPS layout? It must be possible to make the engine use a top-down system somehow (I know of a HL2 mod that is set up as a point & click adventure...may not be top down, but you get the point)
Storm is offline                         Send a private message to Storm
Old 18-02-2007, 06:57 AM   #14
silz
Abandonia nerd

Reading some reviews on how Bethesda glorifies the RPG with FPS style, I'm pretty sure that they will do it if they don't listen. But hey, this not their original franchise. They didn't make Fallout 1, so I hope they will be smarter and not based it like their TES titles.
silz is offline                         Send a private message to silz
Old 20-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #15
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

Ugh, I'm not optimistic. I do enjoy Bethesda's games, but this is risky. Fallout has a very distinct atmosphere that most fan equate to the isometric perspective. Losing this could really ruin the franchise. But we'll see.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger