Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #51
Sentinel69

I never really liked games like Doom and similar engines because of a sort of nausea during gameplay ,but a game I liked was clive Barkers Undying...
Sentinel69 is offline                         Send a private message to Sentinel69
Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #52
HomerDOHSimpson

I only know AvP and Doom. Blood was never sold in Germany
HomerDOHSimpson is offline                         Send a private message to HomerDOHSimpson
Old 14-02-2007, 10:28 PM   #53
mglsharkson

Just finish "realms of the haunting" - all 4 cd's! Good puzzle / horror game, just glad I found a walkthrough for it - those last set of puzzles in the green arch / flame circle room was tough!!! Anybody want to play I recommend getting the full game rather then playing the cd-rip abandonware version - the movie clips are worth watching!

Side question - where to post to sell old games beyond e-bay / amazon / half.com?

Now it is time to play "legacy - realm of terror", I just found the complete walkthrough online. I usually wait to get stuck before I check the walkthrough but this game looks tough all over with only one cheat available.

I still got to finish Silent Hill 2 another tough puzzle / horror game. Needed the darn walkthrough as well - maybe somebody is telling me something!

Anybody got other horror / puzzle games recommendations abandonware similar to games listed above?

Thanks!

M
Old 05-06-2007, 10:06 PM   #54
keremix
Forum hobbit

there was a good game called "nosferatu the wrath of malachi"

keremix is offline                         Send a private message to keremix
Old 05-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #55
chainsoar
Master Debater

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 8 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]273860[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
You can't get much more horor than that.[/b]
Four words:
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

It's brilliant. I thought myself fairly immune... and yet, there are parts in this game that totally freaked me out. [/b]
No one is immune. I spend large chunks of my life deliberately seeking out the world's most disgustingly gory and terrifying movies and watching them, but there's nothing that compares to the immersive experience of a good scary video game. It's more like you're really there.

I almost crapped my heart out when I was playing Doom 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 06-06-2007, 12:31 AM   #56
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Doom 3 isn't scary at all, try playing the original Silent Hill (or number 2) late at night with headphones in a dark room.

Hell, that game managed to scare me when I was playing it with my people in the room right next to mine, in broad daylight while playing with my TV's crappy mono speakers, that's definitely scary.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 06-06-2007, 01:33 AM   #57
Iowa
Game Wizzard

I don't understand Silent Hill. I've never played one of them, and i'm a bit confused as to what they actually are...are they puzzlers? Are they RE clones? Are they action games? Pretty much all I know at this point is that a lot of people say they're the scariest games.

Another game with fantastic horror elements is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl...although I don't take kindly to the game's unbearable amount of realism.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #58
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Jun 6 2007, 03:33 AM) [snapback]293144[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Another game with fantastic horror elements is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl...although I don't take kindly to the game's unbearable amount of realism.
[/b]
huh? LOL it was more like funny
Old 06-06-2007, 04:12 PM   #59
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Jun 5 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]293144[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I don't understand Silent Hill. I've never played one of them, and i'm a bit confused as to what they actually are...are they puzzlers? Are they RE clones? Are they action games? Pretty much all I know at this point is that a lot of people say they're the scariest games.

[/b]
They're 3rd person horror games, although the only thing I think they really share with RE are similar controls, it's not really survival horror, there's never a lack of ammo, and it's a combination of action and adventure.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 06-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #60
Tito
Alley Cat

Please, don't start a discussion about the concept of scaryness itself. Some people are scared by some things, and some are scared by others. As I said, Thief: The Dark Project scared me at some points, and also Sillent Hill, while playing it at my cousin's house scared me a bit at some points. But I also know of a friend of mine who got a little fright every time he shot the hand gun in Half Life with high volume in his loudspeakers. That is, every single time, knowing that the gun was going to make a loud noise, he was frighted.

So, as conclusion, Doom 3 can be scary, Silent Hill can be scary, Thief: The Dark Project can be scary. even some loudspeakers can be scary! People, be tolerant to everybodys else's kind of scaryness. :bleh: