Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #41
horrorist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morrin @ Jan 2 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]272976[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
M.A.X.!!
[/b]
Just one term without any comment? Maybe you wanted to express: k: , maybe or even :monkey_dance: !

Do you would like to do the review? If so, I don't need to get to work . I own the CD, so if nescessary I could provide this game to the site (iso- image as well as extracted data).

By the way, there are some other games (I own), which might be candidates (according to the time criteria) for AW within the next one or two years:

- Fragile Allegiance (aka K240) (Gremlin, 1997)
- Descent to Undermountain (Interplay, 1998)
- Liberation Day (aka Fallen Haven II) (1998)
- Imperialism (I) (SSI, 1998)
- War Wind II (SSI, Human Onslaught) (1998)
- Pax Imperia Eminent Domain (1997)

, well like Sydney Youngblood once said: All we can do is sit and wait...
horrorist is offline                         Send a private message to horrorist
Old 03-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #42
haakjay
Forum hobbit

So many new good games. Too bad the speed is really slow.
haakjay is offline                         Send a private message to haakjay
Old 03-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #43
humorguy
Super Freak

It's slowly getting better. No reload on threads any more....!

*Stop spamming //Titan*
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy
Old 04-01-2007, 02:52 AM   #44
Spikey

I'm curios about a few things, as well.

Firstly, why does Space Hulk become AW after 15 years have passed? I thought copyright for US software lasted 50 years after publication.

Secondly, what's the logic behind unsold games, such as the Sierra ones? E.g. QFG2 AW, QFG1/3/4/5 not, e.g. Willy Beamish/Heart of China AW, Rise of the Dragon not, and so on and so forth.

Also, when's the ESA reviewing this, and when do you expect a revision?

Pretty cool stuff. Downloaded most of the ones I wanted from here long ago, though. Just glad others can finally play Keen 6, and the rest (especially Sierra titles).

Thanks to Abandonia for keeping on keeping on, and best wishes for its' 2007.

Regards,
- Spike
Spikey is offline                         Send a private message to Spikey
Old 04-01-2007, 04:16 AM   #45
Slinkinator
Lurker

this is my first post and you have NO IDEA how happy i am to find out the servers broking.

the explanation being i thought my connection had finally gone down the pipe.

i mean 4 HOURS FOR A DOS GAME!!!!!
Slinkinator is offline                         Send a private message to Slinkinator
Old 04-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #46
humorguy
Super Freak

Slinkinator,. you could have said that better, but I know what you mean! It's geting better, but soooooooo slowly!
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy
Old 04-01-2007, 11:32 AM   #47
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spikey @ Jan 4 2007, 04:52 AM) [snapback]273188[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I'm curios about a few things, as well.

Firstly, why does Space Hulk become AW after 15 years have passed? I thought copyright for US software lasted 50 years after publication.[/b]
75, I believe.
Anyways, if you read the AW List Details, you will see that Abandoned ESA titles are not actively protected. Active protection varies for games developed by core ESA members, and subsidiary companies. That doesn't mean they are not protected by law. Just that no-one cares, but of course there are always exceptions. Which will be detailed below.

Quote:
Secondly, what's the logic behind unsold games, such as the Sierra ones? E.g. QFG2 AW, QFG1/3/4/5 not, e.g. Willy Beamish/Heart of China AW, Rise of the Dragon not, and so on and so forth.[/b]
Quest for Glory 1 has been considered AW for a year, already. Quest for Glory 2 should have been AW for just as long, but it had been overlooked - and I thought I should correct the status of QFG2, and bring attention to it, by mentioning it in the New Year's Update. Quest for Glory 3 was made in 1992, and so will be considered AW next year. Quest for Glory 4 was made in 1993, and so will be considered AW the year after... and so on. Rise of the Dragon is AW, and has been for a year. Willy Beamish and Heart of China became AW this year.

Quote:
Also, when's the ESA reviewing this, and when do you expect a revision?[/b]
As Abandonia is such a popular site, ESA checks us out very frequently. They don't really contact us, unless they have a reason to point a finger. However, I have several times informed them about the AW list, and asked them for advice. Thanks to their help, I am confident in the AW list - and that it really works to everyone's benefits.

For more details regarding what is considered abandonware, and what isn't - along with the names of all the known ESA companies and subsidiaries, and their active protection period... you can check out this topic
Old 04-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #48
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Jan 4 2007, 01:32 PM) [snapback]273247[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
As Abandonia is such a popular site, ESA checks us out very frequently. They don't really contact us, unless they have a reason to point a finger. [/b]
That's not very kind. They don't even say "hi"?
No, serious: Don't they write a mail like "we checked you and everything's cool!"?
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik
However, I have several times informed them about the AW list, and asked them for advice. Thanks to their help, I am confident in the AW list - and that it really works to everyone's benefits.
This on the other hand sounds good. k:
Old 04-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #49
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Jan 4 2007, 01:39 PM) [snapback]273250[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Jan 4 2007, 01:32 PM) [snapback]273247[/snapback]
Quote:
As Abandonia is such a popular site, ESA checks us out very frequently. They don't really contact us, unless they have a reason to point a finger. [/b]
That's not very kind. They don't even say "hi"?
No, serious: Don't they write a mail like "we checked you and everything's cool!"? [/b][/quote]

That would be fun :P

"Hi there! It's ESA here. We just wanted to thank you for Monkey Island 1 and 2! W00000T!!1! I tell you, Tim is in exstacy over in his cubicle. Right now he is battling Pirate Bay while enjoying a good clean swashbuckling fight. Keep up the good work! Wheee."
Old 04-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #50
Fandi

Hi!

Grats, nice list.
Just one question:

When will Celtic Legends be on the site?
Fandi is offline                         Send a private message to Fandi