Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #41
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I just discovered a curious fact: After I cleaned the smuggler's cave in Seyda Neen, and went to the store to sell the loot, I offered 1 iron cuirass for 48 gold default, I then offered 2 for 98 default, then removed one, and then the default was 49 gold. Each time I added one then removed one, the default offer increased by one! I wonder what happens when I drop by with some really fancy stuff.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:46 AM   #42
Krustacean
Forum hobbit

Daggerfall is still one of my favorite rpg's. For the first few months of gametime I just broke into homes and got banned from towns. Forget all the guilds and missions. That was the first game I played with a day/night cycle. And jail time.

I didn't spend much time with Morrowind mostly because Im not the biggest RPG fan. The voices are excellent and the graphics are great but it couldn't keep me playing. I just start thinking about all the things I would've put into a game with that kind of detail and freedom until it ruins it for me. Sandbox factor gets me everytime.
Krustacean is offline                         Send a private message to Krustacean
Old 04-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #43
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Nov 3 2006, 08:49 PM) [snapback]265221[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I just discovered a curious fact: After I cleaned the smuggler's cave in Seyda Neen, and went to the store to sell the loot, I offered 1 iron cuirass for 48 gold default, I then offered 2 for 98 default, then removed one, and then the default was 49 gold. Each time I added one then removed one, the default offer increased by one! I wonder what happens when I drop by with some really fancy stuff.
[/b]

your disposition could have increased and that's why the seller offered you more.

if you try to raise the price and he refuses the offer. each time he does that his disposition towards you falls down. hmm in fact it can fall down to the point when he/she hates you which is odd. i mean it's not like he has to buy it. or maybe he does?! :blink:

anyway i got to level 55 or so. then i stopped playing for a while and made a new character. i htink you can go over 100 skill. but the trainers can't train you over 100.
also as you probably know you can increase it with various items. the only problematic skill is strength as if it goes over 100 it can disentigrade the weapons and things too quick. imagine that! being too strong to hold a glass
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 04-11-2006, 07:13 AM   #44
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Nov 4 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]265273[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Nov 3 2006, 08:49 PM) [snapback]265221[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]

your disposition could have increased and that's why the seller offered you more.

if you try to raise the price and he refuses the offer. each time he does that his disposition towards you falls down. hmm in fact it can fall down to the point when he/she hates you which is odd. i mean it's not like he has to buy it. or maybe he does?! :blink:

anyway i got to level 55 or so. then i stopped playing for a while and made a new character. i htink you can go over 100 skill. but the trainers can't train you over 100.
also as you probably know you can increase it with various items. the only problematic skill is strength as if it goes over 100 it can disentigrade the weapons and things too quick. imagine that! being too strong to hold a glass
[/b][/quote]

No, it had nothing to do with that. The disposition stayed the same. Thing was, that when I removed all items from the deal, the gold would not drop to zero. Instead it stayed at the increase.

I know the deal, so to speak, in haggling Also: If the disposition change through purchases, then it will drop/increase to it's starting level when you say good-bye. I usually sell the "1 gold items" till the disposition is 100, then I seal the bigger deals.

The skills can't be raised to more than 100 without the use of magic, but there's a "fortify skill" spell there, somewhere (I happen to know where, but let's not ruin it for someone else ). Having strenght = 100 is no problem when you reach the levels where the weapons are good enough to take quite a bit of damage before they're close to useless.

(I just started a 3rd character: Pure mage, specializing in every school + speechcraft. This is an odd-ball: He refuse to use any sort of physical weapon or armour. He started off with 35 HP and a terrible endurance, he's not able to replenish his magica through resting... Of course, his starting magica is 270 with his IQ only at 60.)
Old 04-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #45
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Speechcraft? Why?
Anyway, an altmer with atronach birthsign? At any rate, you chose what is generally considered the best birthsign and race for the mage, and many people will say it's impossible to play a mage with much less magicka. I don't agree :P

As for dispositions dropping when haggling, it goes back to normal emmediatly after you close the conversation box.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #46
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Speechcraft: Because I wanted to simulate an inherent "silver tongue" as part of his illusion training, basically. Why use a spell when I can talk a rabid roughian into going "u-huh... gee, I never thought of it that way... thanks, pal."?

I know about the Altmer/Atronch thing and it's hillarious to watch the assassins try to hack their way through a Greater Bonewalker, a somewhat lesser bonewalker, a skeleton and why not give a baker's dozen: A frost atronach. Overkill? YAY!

Talking about hillarious: I marked a trade house, and after running around in Balmora stark naked, selling potions to anyone who wouldn't mind buying over-priced potions from a stark naked nut case, I went home, got dressed and zapped myself over to the trade house. The merchant looked at the guy in front of him that most definetly wasn't there a moment ago, and said , quote "I must say, I find you most interesting right now. Please, go ahead." I had to quit playing, coz I could no longer concentrate on the game.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #47
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Heh, greater bonewalkers are invaluable to all spellcasters. Watch your foe's stats dwindle to nothing in a few seconds

What level is your mage at? Even with that much magicka you should still not be free to use overkill like that. Especially with the magicka cost on a frost atronach
Old 05-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #48
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

My character's level is 19. I only have some 57 or something chance of sucsessfully cast that atronach spell, but having an IQ of 104, and being somewhat lucky (damn, I love that sttribute), I usually manage. My alchemy skill is 100, so I don't worry too much about depleting my magica (my potions currently restore some 403 magica points )

The only summonings I haven't got to 100 yet, are my two atronachs, but I'm getting there.

BTW: It's somewhat annoying that you can summon only one of each kind at the time. It would be totally awesome (and a bit of a power play ) if you could call the atronach army :w00t:

EDIT: This is what I do: I first summon the GB (chance 100), then the others where my chance is 100. That gives me time to summon that frost atronach. If I fail too many times, and my magica is depleted, I just drink one of my restore magica potions. But it usually doesn't take too many tries.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #49
Tervez
Never Compromise

I started a new character few days ago... an assasin backed up with some magic. I'll make him use short blade and Illusion and backstab all his enemies
Tervez is offline                         Send a private message to Tervez
Old 05-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #50
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tervez @ Nov 5 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]265449[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I started a new character few days ago... an assasin backed up with some magic. I'll make him use short blade and Illusion and backstab all his enemies
[/b]
That sounds like a pretty cool character I'm curious about joining the assassins' guild or the real baddies. Maybe I'll let my thief join them.

Right now my mage is a nerd, going around collecting as many spells as he can get his hands on. Now I need a spell that can take out a golden saint in one burst. I have such spells for the atronachts, at only 66 magic points, but the saints and the twilights are a handful. Tips please?

EDIT:

ATTENTION! When I summoned a Saint, killed it and took it's belongings, the game crashed. I saved before the crash, and got an error message when loading: It couldn't find the stuff I took from the saint! Appearantly, the stuff will vanish after some time, regardless of whether you have it or not, and when the monster no longer has the stuff, the game becomes confused and will crash... (my guess, anyway). Just a split second before the crash, I heard the sound of summoned items vanishing, so I guess it has to do with that.