Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #31
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Actually as i read it it does increas. Only you need to sneak a lot. in fack you need to almost always sneak.

and there is also an area where you can somehow stand behind the person and then just tape down the ctrl key (or whatever your sneak key is) and go out for lunch or something and it will just build up by itself

seriosuly that's the biggest flaw in morrowind - you do it more you get better at it. ok. but you do it more and more and mor eand then you get superhuman at it. like jump. you do it more. ok so you can jump up 2m, but then you can also jump over 3 meter and more and more and more. duh!
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 03-11-2006, 11:04 AM   #32
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Well, a human casually jumping over the Telvanni towers sure is rather silly , but I like to think my khajiit is quite a jumper.

EDIT: About the stuck key trick: Yes, I used it a few times to build up my strength through jumping.

Like I said, the problem is not as much what the game allows you to do as what you as a player allow your character to do. If you want to keep the character believable to you, then you should limit the training/use. "Hmm, is my character the sort of dude that would stand in front of the city guard, jumping like a maniac not uttering a word?"
Old 03-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #33
Tervez
Never Compromise

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Nov 2 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]265009[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Spells: What do you mean? :blink: Are there no such spells in Oblivion??!! That does it! I'm not gonna waste my time on that game then. Air superiority way ahead of it's time is just incredibly fun.

Cliff Racers: Kill one for me, will you? Please?
[/b]
Yep, no levitation, no jump... Not even Mark and Recall. No Divine Intervention, no Almsivi Intervation no
constant effects on weapons, no instantaneous (sp?) effects on amulets or armor... It kinda made the game lame.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Nov 2 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]265022[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
one thing i dont' understand in Morrowind is the main boss. i dont' understand why his stats are so low. it's odd cause when looking at stats i saw that certain minions have higher stats for health.
[/b]
If I remember correctly, as you kill some of the bigger baddies, ( Specific Ash Vampires) his stats get lower.

Hmm... Should I start a new game in Morrowind? This time going for a pure mage perhaps...

By the way, would anyone like to share a story about a very nasty bug? I seem to get those every hour... One time my whole world map was a cacophony of colours, so you could not tell where are the cities and such. I had to start a new character.
Tervez is offline                         Send a private message to Tervez
Old 03-11-2006, 12:13 PM   #34
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

I only have the more mundane bugs. Crashing on loads, falling into the void, falling through cantons, getting stuck, the insta-death when jumping through load doors (which was fixed with the first patch)...

By the way, the game never crashed once for me in 98. Now, in XP, it crashes all the time. Everyone else notice that?
Old 03-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #35
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doubler @ Nov 3 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]265161[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I only have the more mundane bugs. Crashing on loads, falling into the void, falling through cantons, getting stuck, the insta-death when jumping through load doors (which was fixed with the first patch)...

By the way, the game never crashed once for me in 98. Now, in XP, it crashes all the time. Everyone else notice that?
[/b]
Yeah, thank goodness it's not only me :wallbash: On loads, the void, getting stuck... tell me about it :tai: but I will go on... I'm also using XP. I used to have it on 98, and I can't remember any crash frequency quite like now.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #36
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

upload newest patch, stucking and other bugs are much less frequent there... although... muck happens :smurf:
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried
Old 03-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #37
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

well i have 98 and so far except from occasional void (2 times in many hours of playing), a few times stuck (due to my own fault for trying to jump in between objects) and the nasty guard atack bug in my first game everything is normal *knock on wood*.

well the second charatcer was a lot of fun to play (especially since i didn't have the guards attack bug). made her the head of the Redoran. wa straining specificlly certain things. and i am not sure if i should continue with her or make a new one.

i am thinking about making some more. especially a "monk" and pure mage (no weapons). well the game is preety open and give oyu a lot of options to explore. also the map is so huge that i haven't even explored all the caves yet. and some of them are quite special. also i dont' have any of the expansions installed.

too bad i dont' have the time for the game. work all day, study at weekend takes all the fun out of it.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 03-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #38
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

I've played the game intensively for years now and I'm far from having seen and done everything :P
My priest is the first of my characters to join the Temple. My mage is the first to join the Mages Guild. After that I've still got to play characters for the IC, Fighters Guild and Morag Tong

It's seriously extreme what Morrowind has to offer.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #39
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Just curious: How far did you guys come with your characters, level-wise? I try to start off with as low prim and sec skills as possible, to get as many levels as possible, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. What happens when all your attributes are raised to 100? Does that mean your character stop evolving?
Old 03-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #40
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

dont think u can gain levels after all is 100, but on 1st part, I think too that it's generally not good idea to start as weak as it gets, don't think will faster lvl up or so.
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried