Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #161
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

No game like Doom 2. It is the best game of 20-th century.
Mates , do You know that there are 2 additional levels at Doom 2 level 15?
Yes, if You find the corridor , You will enter the game Wolfenstein with 2 levels.
It is very funny, because Hitler soldiers are very small.
I remember the good old times when we - 4 friends organized every hollidays small network Game Doom2
playing death matches with 2 teams with 2 members.
Were have the good times gone?
Yes , was very funny to hide with gun N 5 in the hands and sent a message to the enemy like "
Prepare to die , scums". or " I saw you Pet" and poor Pet started to look panically all around
waiting for the killing shot.
Well, I am so good in D2 that I am able to start every level ( diff. 4) with a pistol only and end the level.
So if You have some Question feel free ask me any time.
You want to be in God mode? No problem!
Greetings
yog

Old 14-10-2006, 07:44 PM   #162
JJXB
Pi-voh

nearly everyone knows about the wolf levels but kudos for trying to find something new. and doesn't it seem a little cocky that your making the claim that you can do every level with a pistol on ultra violence? don't know about anyone else but i think so
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 14-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #163
velik_m
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB @ Oct 14 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]261287[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
nearly everyone knows about the wolf levels but kudos for trying to find something new. and doesn't it seem a little cocky that your making the claim that you can do every level with a pistol on ultra violence? don't know about anyone else but i think so
[/b]
level 30 is a bit tricky, but otherwise it is possible to do that.

idclev31 and idclev32 for those people having trouble finding secret levels.
Old 15-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #164
Elon Yariv
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 14 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]261187[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You need to pump few rockets into the opening in that demon's head where the metallic cube comes out from. In Plutonia Experiment it's tricky, you need to rise the quadratic platform before the head (the switch is somewhere on a side of the "tribune" close to the wall) and shot just before the platform reaches it's highest point. Save before you do then find out the right moment.
Not sure anymore how do to that in TNT, I lost it long time ago from a damaged floppy disk and have only Plutonia Experiment now. But it should be the same there - to send rockets into the demon's opening. I remember though there were some Cyberdemons to hinder you to do that, so you had to be really quick.
[/b]
Thanks for your answer, it'll help me alot. It seems simple enough in Doom2, only shooting a few rockets into the opening. I expected it'll be abit more complicated in Plutonia, I thought you needed to use that device that closed the other portals...
One thing really annoys me about that plutonia episode, they seem to like confining the cyberdeamons to small platforms, making them an easy kill, and very boring to fight against. It was done in doom2 once too.

Why can't they place them like in the original doom - The Shores of hell. It was a much better place for it :wallbash: .
Elon Yariv is offline                         Send a private message to Elon Yariv
Old 15-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #165
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Doom 2 has almost always been a rough ride for me, I hate the fact that the levels are so huge and open that you can almost never tell where you're supposed to go!

And this is a bit off-topic, but Elon, where in the world did you get your signature and avatar? I've been searching around and never found anything that good!
Old 16-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #166
velik_m
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Oct 15 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]261430[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Doom 2 has almost always been a rough ride for me, I hate the fact that the levels are so huge and open that you can almost never tell where you're supposed to go!

And this is a bit off-topic, but Elon, where in the world did you get your signature and avatar? I've been searching around and never found anything that good!
[/b]
doom 2, big maps? you obviously never played wolfenstein 3d. just go where you haven't been yet.

hint: automap is your friend.

though doom2 has some tricky spots, that are hard to figure out (industrial zone comes to mind).
Old 29-10-2006, 08:56 AM   #167
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

Doom2.. I ended this game about 100 times and time to time, when i am bored I start it on Ultra-Violence and play it from beggining to end without saving, it's nice challenge, although i already know every monster behind every corner, i return back to doom again and again...
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried
Old 29-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #168
Jontzzu
Abandonia nerd

Doom 2 is great! I have both old dooms on my computer including a special Simpsons Doom (main character is Homer and enemies are different charecters from Simpsons). k:
Jontzzu is offline                         Send a private message to Jontzzu
Old 29-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #169
Iowa
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Oct 16 2006, 01:45 AM) [snapback]261486[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Oct 15 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]261430[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
doom 2, big maps? you obviously never played wolfenstein 3d. just go where you haven't been yet.

hint: automap is your friend.

though doom2 has some tricky spots, that are hard to figure out (industrial zone comes to mind).
[/b][/quote]
Not only have I played Wolf3D, I own it...its pretty damned hard. I'm stuck on some floor in the second chapter mainly composed of really really tight corridors.
Old 31-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #170
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

lvl 30 - type idclip and with noclip mode run into demon's head - you will see what really are you shooting rockets at
lvl 32 contains hang Commander Keen dolls
lvl 30 - try to record the speech demon has when you enter level and then play it backwards
idchoppers - chainsaw and quote

as much as i remember from easter eggs - its about 9 months i played it last time
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried