Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #91
Iowa
Game Wizzard

What I like about Contracts is the fact that you don't have to be stealthy at all if you don't want to be, but you have to carefully plot out a route whether you're disguised or not.

One of the things that is bad about the game IMO is that to go postal, you might have no chance unless you find a specific item. An example would be the first level, in which you almost have to find the dead SWAT member lying in the corner and take his armor and shotgun. I wasn't getting anywhere in that level until I stumbled across that little gem by pure luck...

I haven't played Hitman 2 very much at all...it's far too difficult...
Old 13-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #92
XoutbackX

Dude aquaman is the worst game ever too be made =p
XoutbackX is offline                         Send a private message to XoutbackX
Old 13-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #93
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I wish I had my old c64 cassette (original) with 101 games, all written in BASIC. There were not a single game on that cassette that was even half decent. Every genre imaginable (for that time) and all of them failed completly: Text adventures where they forgot to put in movement commands and so on... Thank god, I got it for free from someone who wanted to give me a nice present.
Old 14-10-2006, 12:30 AM   #94
chainsoar
Master Debater

Some present. I should probably type more stuff here so it's not a useless two word post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 18-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #95
a30993

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault: What an over rated heap of linear trash! Who gives a rats donkey about the D-day when you're stuck in a linear trigger based obstacle course. Geez!

:blink:

My copy of MOHAA was fine...

You may just have a bad copy..

Oh well.. everyone is entitled to an opinion

Anyway my MOST HATED GAME:

Mother F*cking
YuGiOh! Duelists of the roses: I HATED THIS PEICE OF CRAP

Instead of cards being stationary to attack, you had to MOVE the cards up to the targets, and you could only move 1 card per turn!

And the field was like. 5X5 spaces with little alcoves for the "Bosses"

Which were the life points.. the "bosses" couldnt even attack back! and basically winning a game was impossible with the DEPLORABLE starter deck they give you..

Why Mommy? Why did they make this game?

WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!
a30993 is offline                         Send a private message to a30993
Old 18-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #96
Krustacean
Forum hobbit

The crappiest games come in 3's.

Gobliiins: These are supposed to be puzzle/adventure games. I'm supposed to be rich. Its even spelled with 3 i's for crying out loud.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3: The beginning of the end. New mechanics, new look, level designs all for the worst in my opinion and the model for all following games in the series.

Tomb Raider 3: ^Ditto. There is no "tomb raiding" in this game I don't even know how it can be called so. Every one after it gets worse but all blame goes back to 3. A let down and pure crap to any Tomb Raider fan.

Tony Hawk 3: ^Trend continues. A Thrasher sequel could've stopped Tony in his tracks. The gameplay is sped up and frame rate completely clashes with the graphics. Its too fast, its not Tony, and it set the stage for all future games to be ruined. Why does this happen?

Grand Theft Auto 2 (but you might say technically 3 after the London pack): Huge letdown after being such a big fan of 1. Just a completely different game really. The peds were weak, the graphics were nice but really out of place, and the whole matchbox/real world vibe of the original is completely lost. What is leftover is a pissing match between 3 gangs, none of which really make it worth your while to woo. Considering how many dog the original for being a crappy idea with the view it had, this one really shows how bad it could've been.

Kings Quest 8: I really tried to give it a chance and came to admit the undeniable crappiness. I can appreciate new characters and new 3D graphics with real time action. I can take a mediocre story with pixel hunting inventory searches. I can't appreciate being forced to run from or die by 10 pixel wide spiders. You used to be turned into stone or a pile of dust, or even eat Nightshade. What happened here?

Uniracers: I don't even want to acknowledge a cult fixated on unicycles with eyes. Such a crap concept that any level of decency in execution is nullified.

Soul Caliber: This will probably be the death of me but this is the most uneventful and uninspiring fighting game I have ever played in my life. I'd actually rather play Virtua Fighter and just float around half the match.

Spider-Man & the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge: :blink:
I'll have to come back to this there are plenty worse games.
Krustacean is offline                         Send a private message to Krustacean
Old 18-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #97
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Oct 13 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]261119[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What I like about Contracts is the fact that you don't have to be stealthy at all if you don't want to be, but you have to carefully plot out a route whether you're disguised or not.

One of the things that is bad about the game IMO is that to go postal, you might have no chance unless you find a specific item. An example would be the first level, in which you almost have to find the dead SWAT member lying in the corner and take his armor and shotgun. I wasn't getting anywhere in that level until I stumbled across that little gem by pure luck...

I haven't played Hitman 2 very much at all...it's far too difficult...
[/b]
Actually, you could just sneak by really easy to one room and then slide down the ladder to a car that's got your name on it. Oh, the game featured very good... uh... everything, because the music rocked, graphics were superb, plot... (maybe?), the Silent or MassMurdorer options rocked and etc. The only thing I feel is that it was extremely rushed. The game could've been completed in one nice try (I liked to go berserk, it saves you time - just go in BLAZIN').
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 18-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #98
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think more people need to read Eagle's post earlier in the thread.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #99
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

What? No more CN47? Ok, there are loads of crappy games out there, so let's hear it.
Old 18-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #100
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Sep 21 2006, 03:30 AM) [snapback]256353[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance was a total letdown for me...i'd take MKII over it any day!
[/b]
How could I have missed this post?

Agreed, although the moves and everything is boosted there to the max and even that 3D looks nice it really lacks the MK we all know and love. DA was filled with a few new idiotic, non-story-created fighters (a blind dude? Why didn't they change his weapon to a cane then?), not all the previous ones included (damn).

MK2, MK3, MK3U still rule as the best in the series. Especially the last one - features all chars all in one, how cool is that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Oct 18 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]262029[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What? No more CN47? Ok, there are loads of crappy games out there, so let's hear it.
[/b]
I don't know about CN47 (didn't play much of it), but the fact that the suspicion metter being very high HAS to be realistic, because for example in Contracts you could've walked around in a chinese deli full of ONLY chinese guards and the Hitman - lacking ANY looks in particular - being able to waltz in front of the boss of the joint is pretty hilarious. I mean - the hats that they wear expose the whole face and the back of the head where the Hitman has his license plate tattoed visible a mile away LOL.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546