Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #61

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 15 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]214464[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i'm wondering. what file type is the savegames and what are their names (in the game folder not in game )
[/b]
The game detroit on is Amiga emu 1200 and save is in hd 52mb (i don't know where )
Tips: spend your money from the first month in one teritority USA Fact. and sale shops in 3 continentals

Old 23-08-2006, 12:55 AM   #62
Cockroach
Abandonia nerd

You research new engines to get better power and economy. The main ones I use are the hybrid, the transverse and the 1.2L. They rest really have nothing going for them.
Cockroach is offline                         Send a private message to Cockroach
Old 10-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #63
jnishar

i loved this game! i still have the box and manuels for the amiga.. i wished i had this game for pc also i hope we soon can download it again
jnishar is offline                         Send a private message to jnishar
Old 08-12-2006, 04:05 AM   #64

I can't get this game to run

It gets to the third screen and the mouse freezes

Old 08-12-2006, 08:00 AM   #65
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 8 2006, 05:05 AM) [snapback]270783[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I can't get this game to run

It gets to the third screen and the mouse freezes
[/b]
Try playing the game with DosBox.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 06-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #66
vigilantevil

Hi every 1

No wonder this is a gem from the chest of days all gone. very addictive & interseting game. I have been playin around with it for a while I had my share of difiiculties and frustrations but now since i have got hold of the drill, i m makin money out of it thanks goes to all of you ppl here on Abandonia forums for helpin noobs like me k:

I was wondering if sumone cud help me with the crackin sav game trick and the trainers stuff, yea yea i know cheating if for cheaters but what can i say I luv cheatin around games like these for I dont find enuf time to roll in to them

anywyas, there is one trick to change a certain byte to somew value but problem is i m no good at Hex editing, can anyone help I have the HACKMAN HEX Editor and HEX Workshop v 3.14. and if any one of u have any working trainers please have them share with me.

V
vigilantevil is offline                         Send a private message to vigilantevil
Old 06-02-2007, 08:17 AM   #67
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's quite basic once you get to understand what you are doing.
What exactly do you have problems with? Did you locate the offset you need to edit?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #68
vigilantevil

the problem is I dont know what the offset 20A and where should I be looking for it when i have the file opened. secondly what & which byte should i be messing with .... this is the info that i could get my hands on...

the file name is DETROITA.SAV in detroit main folder.

Hack Codes Cheat Rating : Not Rated

Load up a HEX editor, edit the file DETROIT.SAV

change the values at HEX offset 20A to FF FF FF 64

Now load the game up and you will have loads of cash.

Then again I have this information regarding the same HEX editing but with different approach,

Easy mode. Save in the first savegame slot then quit to DOS. Now using a hex editor change the detroita.sav file as follows:

BYTE: CHANGE TO:
000207 FF
000208 FF
000209 FF
00020A FF

I m confused, how and where can i find this OFFSET or these OFFSET cuz every time i put these values in search field it returns no results.

V
vigilantevil is offline                         Send a private message to vigilantevil
Old 06-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #69
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Offset is the location of given bytes in the file. In other words, that is your "what and which" to edit.
You don't use SEARCH function to find a given offset, instead you use GO TO to move to the location given.
Hex Workshop displays the offset numbers as a column leftmost on the screen (note: it only displays line numbers, you're looking for line 0200h).
IIRC, exact offset is displayed on the bottom of HW window (been a while since I used it).

Both guides tell you that the value is four bytes long and occupies 0207h through 020Ah. That's all you need to edit it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #70

This is an amazing game, played it for long time! (lost soo many nights...)
But I'd like to play something else like it, does anyone know of a game similar to this one? Tried Motor City and Car Tycoon already...