Old 28-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #541
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
So you are saying if I do the following

1:equip all my agents with stun rods
2:stun all the security in the building ***and they wont atack back****
3:WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! free stuff

actually im just interested in point number 2, they wont atack back? or am I gonna have to use loads of saves and take an hour to stun all the guards?
[/b]
Actually, you first need to ally yourself with that organization. Government and Marsec seem to be the best choices.

Quote:
Be careful in stun-raids though, the guards do like playing throw the armed proxmine.[/b]
Happens once in a russian year.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #542
Roadkill
Forum hobbit

Hehehe nice 1

This is great, marsec have great stuff and you even get urelium pods in most raids. My bank balace is smiling

I sent a guy with a hover suit, 2 autocannons and every available space filled with incidenairy clips. I levitated the guy in the air, switched to autofire and let loose in all directions - on the first raid thier bank balance was in the minuses - no more raids expected from these guys hehehehe. k:
Roadkill is offline                         Send a private message to Roadkill
Old 28-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #543
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

And you just got them to be your enemy.
I said - ALLY - THEN STUN RAID. Anything else will get you hostile reaction.
Getting hostile with Marsec or Megapol is a very bad idea...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #544
Mike_G
Forum hobbit

I used to love this game when it came out

I dont know if anyone else gets this but for me the mouse pointer in game seems to move painfully slowly.

Also, and this is something I find I get with a lot of old games, when I quit the game the graphics for windows go all screwy and I have to reset my PC to fix it. That really gets on my tits, is there any way to stop that from hapening?

Anyway, these two problems are kinda putting me off playing the game.
Mike_G is offline                         Send a private message to Mike_G
Old 30-07-2006, 03:55 AM   #545

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zeluiz @ Mar 28 2005, 05:46 PM) [snapback]86137[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi everyone, I just downloaded x-com: apocalypse and it works fine on my PC (Win98). However, there is a problem. When I send my units to investigate some building the game should change to tactical level, but instead the screen goes black and there is nothing I can do except reseting the PC (Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Alt+Del, etc, doesn`t work). Please, anyone can help me? Thanks.
[/b]
My problem is same. :wallbash:

Old 30-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #546

the game ask for the cd wat must i do
now i am stuk :wallbash:

Old 31-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #547
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
My problem is same. [/b]
DOS mode, kid.

Quote:
the game ask for the cd wat must i do
brain_help.gif brain_help.gif brain_help.gif now i am stuk wallbash.gif[/b]
Detail your problem. Hardware, system, emulators used. And the exact error message.

-- Reed Richards
Old 31-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #548
Roadkill
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jul 28 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]245633[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
And you just got them to be your enemy.
I said - ALLY - THEN STUN RAID. Anything else will get you hostile reaction.
Getting hostile with Marsec or Megapol is a very bad idea...
[/b]
No I did that with the cult of cirus, sorry I didnt explain it.

The Stun raids against allies are great, they run around like 'Fully armed helpless sheep' and at the end of it it looks like one big orgy went on.

Here's another good question, I read through the first 11 pages but just couldny bring myself to read to 60.

How do I developt the toxigun C clip and the Gas grenades. I've finished the game without these and could never get them developed. Do I need to catch a live 'Green blob thingy'? which I could never get to stun (I'm gonna send in 4 androids with stun rods this time and see what happens) or even a live Mega-spawn (the ones that atack the city not the ones you find in buildings. And if so how the hell do you stun a Mega-spawn with vehicle weapons??? :blink:
Old 31-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #549
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Stun Raids against CoS are somewhat risky, and not quite beneficial too. if you want Psiclones, one of the gangs has a lot - it was Psyke, I think?

Toxin C requires capturing a live Queenspawn. Alien Gas can be researched after getting Toxin C.

-- Reed Richards
Old 31-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #550
Roadkill
Forum hobbit

AAAh yes, I have captured a live queen before and reaseacrhed her (living and corpse) I did not recieve the technology to develop toxigun C clips and gas Grenades - Maybe it was just a clitch.
But thanks for the Tip, thumbs up k:

Also any idea on how to catch a live megaspawn (the relly big bugger that trashes the city not the one in Agent to Alien missions) :blink:

I'm quite sure it is possible because I read on a fan site what is said when you research a live one - it however didnt say anything about HOW to capture a live bugger... Oh maan I bed its gonna take up the space of 5 alien quarantine bays