Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #481
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Only time when any organization gets alien weaponry is when they are heavily infiltrated by aliens. Not neccesarily taken over, IIRC, but usually very close to that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #482
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
There's no endless source of stun grenades [/b]
I agree to that. And I tend to keep all the stun grenades stockpiled in my warehouses to use them against the Aliens until I find something better to deal with their Alien personnal shielding.
Old 21-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #483
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Technically, there is one.
IIRC, you can edit the savegame and change quantity of Stun Grenades available on the market.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #484
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well, this imply cheating. Not a viable solution for me.
Old 21-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #485
bene

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SoniG @ Feb 23 2005, 06:14 PM) [snapback]70861[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

heavyer like retaliator or annihalator.

Use toxic weapons as soon as posible and devestator canon (the strongest of all agains buldings cause toxic gun is for alines strongest [toxin C])

[/b]
When do i get these things: toxin C and the better crafts?do i have to explore all ufo types and alive aliens?

Old 21-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #486
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You can't really have Toxin-C, it's a myth. You do can have it, but by the time you can you are so deep into the story and near the end of the game that it's not even worth the trouble to get the Alien Queen alive, research it and produce the new toxin for your squaddies. If you know how to do things right, you should end the game before that point unless you make a point in researching and producing it before you end the game. It doesn't matter much at that point because the Aliens can't attack you anymore: without their Queen they don't reproduce much and when you get to the Queen you already got thru the UFO maturation chamber, which mean they won't attack you much with UFO's either...

As for the better crafts: you don't have a choice. You need them to enter the Alien Dimention. Keep researching until you can research the new craft types and you'll eventually get there. Once you have a few bigger Xcom Crafts and enter the Alien Dimention, it's payback "shoot down every single UFO you see until you are low on ammo/life and get the hell out of there, rinse and repeat" time.
Old 21-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #487
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Watch out that you will have your craft unavaible for a whole day until it comes back from alien dimension.
Another tip, the interdimensional travel tooks place at midnight, so better go into gates at 11:55.
Old 21-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #488

thanks but the problem is that i don't get the new x-com-vehicles and i don't know what i have to research to get them.i have the biotrans and the probe and made a short visit to get the infos about the mission.i also have researched all about the ufos and the last artifact was the teleporter.is it possible that i have to research all ufo types to get the new vehicles because that's last what it can be i think!?
in another game i had the vehicles and i did one mission in the alien dimension but i can't remember how i've got them...

Old 21-06-2006, 11:49 PM   #489
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I am pretty sure you need to take your probe and enter the Alien dimention, then come back to "gather some vital informations" before the better crafts are unlocked. You don't need to take a tour in the Alien dimention, just go there and retreat back to Earth.
Old 22-06-2006, 07:48 AM   #490
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Jun 22 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback]238528[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You can't really have Toxin-C, it's a myth. You do can have it, but by the time you can you are so deep into the story and near the end of the game that it's not even worth the trouble to get the Alien Queen alive, research it and produce the new toxin for your squaddies.
[/b]
Yep ! I tried to reload 4 times. Anyway the queen dies.
But my friend get her somehow alive.
and he get toxin C.
But this happens at the end of the game so to this time you are already have a good tactic strategy how to play with toxin B. So getting toxin C looks like changing PS/2 mouse with USB mouse.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Jun 22 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback]238528[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
As for the better crafts: you don't have a choice. You need them to enter the Alien Dimention. Keep researching until you can research the new craft types and you'll eventually get there. Once you have a few bigger Xcom Crafts and enter the Alien Dimention, it's payback "shoot down every single UFO you see until you are low on ammo/life and get the hell out of there, rinse and repeat" time.
[/b]
By the time when you have 2 or three mega crafts to kick some alien ships they also have a tougher ships.
So you cannot destroy a lot of ships. They start to gather and attacking you with the whole bunch. An while you are repairing they reproduce their lost ships with new and more powerful.
And what is biotrans? a medikit or an alien containment?

Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi