Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #131
laiocfar
NOD Commander

It isnt easy to make the other ships to rush a bigger ship, you need ex-pirates captains with improved loyalty. Most of the others will recibe your ordens and run away.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:30 AM   #132
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laiocfar @ Jun 9 2006, 12:42 AM) [snapback]235195[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It isnt easy to make the other ships to rush a bigger ship, you need ex-pirates captains with improved loyalty. Most of the others will recibe your ordens and run away.
[/b]
YEp! agreed!
but ex-pirates have a extremely high requirements to hire . They have a navigation level 12 or higher and battle level 16 or higher. My ALI have only 6 level on navigation.
Cizzaro Fedeliti is the only pirate whom i can hire but he is low on seamanship and hard to train.
Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi
Old 09-06-2006, 03:26 AM   #133
laiocfar
NOD Commander

And worst pirates are low in loyalty so they will run away with your ships
Old 10-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #134
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I try not to let them rush the enemy ships, but command them to shoot it. Of course most of your fleet won't do much useful in battle, but some captains that aren't ex-pirates are still ok. If they've got gunnery skills, they can do quite some damage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laiocfar @ Jun 8 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]235195[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Old 10-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #135
laiocfar
NOD Commander

There are there mainly types of captains. First the pirates, they must be defeated in order to hire, they are hard to hire and they need a huge training(sailing) to start to feel loyal to ya. Second, the merchants they are easy to find can be hired after short time depending in their sailing skills. Third there are the special captains here i set the start mates that cant be avoided as Rocco some of them are jerks, some other good battleship captains or skilled sailors without combat skills. And there are some merchant captains that arent so easy to hire but no for a high sailing skill, they are harder to hire coz they got also some combat skills.
Anyway they need top courage to dont run away from a VG with a 30 crewmen ship.
Old 13-06-2006, 12:18 AM   #136
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ahnassi @ May 31 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]233406[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I found new North trade route.
Buy dye at Hamburg sell at Copenhagen. Buy Glassware at Copenhagen and sell at Hamburg.
adjust economy in "Other" category 150% at Hamburg, and 50% at Copenhagen.

here is a calculation. for my fleet

it takes 6 days to make 1 round

This route gives you enough money to build a good fleet and quickly invest in all north cities:
Bourdeaux, Bristol, Copenhagen,Hamburg,Lubeck, Antwerp. And you still have a money to get Full-Rigged ship.
[/b]
Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi
Old 13-06-2006, 03:17 AM   #137
laiocfar
NOD Commander

When having good fleets i find better same market manipulation but with Worlwide routes that can give ya 60.000.000 go per voyage and if it takes 6 months it gives 120,000,000 per year. And you can discount some balms.
The problem is when you can afroad the payload or just dont get good and big ships, so use the Athens-Istambul route or the Ahnassi´s money machine.
Old 13-06-2006, 07:36 AM   #138
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

What's really annoying is that the price goes up immediately if you buy some cargo, I think you should be able to buy cargo for all your ships before the price increases :P
Old 14-06-2006, 03:25 AM   #139
laiocfar
NOD Commander

You should use the water(empty) ship to make market manipulation. If it isnt empty unload it, water is free.
Old 14-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #140
Macha

This game seems more difficult than I remember it being...and that was on the Genesis years ago. I'm starting on the SNES version now with Cat and not getting off to a good start. The various faqs i've read suggest attacking but that seems suicidal at this point in the game. It's still kind of fun as I remember it being but a little frustrating right now until I figure out what i'm doing.

I like the mentioning of Black Beard...considering the game setting is supposed to be nearly two centuries before the Golden Age Of Piracy.
I wonder if the developers did any research into what a carronade was:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carronade

That's just nitpicky stuff though
Macha is offline                         Send a private message to Macha