Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #41

The same with me ...

I got 85 % with my v e r y s l o w dial-up connection two days ago and now there's no download link I hate when this happens - not the first time :ranting:

Old 26-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #42
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

As I said above:

We are sorry, but we have discovered that the game can still be bought, so it was removed from the site. (and thus it cannot be downloaded from now on)

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 26-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #43
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
they kept all the good bits [/b]
Not the outro. Floppy version outro was one of the most climatic outros in computer games, and takes the top place in my personal "Favorite outros" list.
The Cd version... bleh, killed it.

Quote:
We are sorry, but we have discovered that the game could still be bought, so it was removed from the site. [/b]
Contacting Kosta right now. CD version of Flashback IS NOT the same as Fade To Black.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #44
Kermit

I just wanted to indicate thet these are two different games as you can see here and here respectively. Additionally it can't be bought, for example, on CD Access. :wallbash:

So, is there a chance that you put up the download link again? It would be very appreciated since I love this game since I'd bought it for my Amiga and would like to play it again with those different cinematique sequences.
Kermit is offline                         Send a private message to Kermit
Old 27-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #45

Fade to black isn't that great, but I own it just becuase I love Flashback so much. SNES version ftw.

Old 27-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #46
THOTH

Am I doing something wrong in regards to collecting the credits to pay the old hermit at the end of the first level?...I can't seem to find any credits anywhere?
THOTH is offline                         Send a private message to THOTH
Old 27-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #47
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THOTH @ May 27 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]232540[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Am I doing something wrong in regards to collecting the credits to pay the old hermit at the end of the first level?...I can't seem to find any credits anywhere?
[/b]
They're somewhere you have most likely already been, but you mustn't have noticed about the credits' lying on the floor. I think, but I'm not certain, that they're in a screen you enter from the left at the lowest level. The credits were at the right end, on the highest level I think. Was there a recharger on the same spot?
Old 27-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #48
THOTH

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ May 27 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]232544[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THOTH @ May 27 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]232540[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
They're somewhere you have most likely already been, but you mustn't have noticed about the credits' lying on the floor. I think, but I'm not certain, that they're in a screen you enter from the left at the lowest level. The credits were at the right end, on the highest level I think. Was there a recharger on the same spot?
[/b][/quote]

Ahh, Thanks for the reply...I found the first 10 creds on the higher platform near where you pick the first stone up ...When I went through the first level without seeing any I assumed it may be copy protection or something..But not so k:

Looking forward to re-playing this gem now, Thank you
THOTH is offline                         Send a private message to THOTH
Old 29-05-2006, 07:17 AM   #49
Kermit

Thanks a lot for bringing up this download again :brain:

It's a really great game with one of the tightest atmospheres ever to appear in a video game k:
Kermit is offline                         Send a private message to Kermit
Old 29-05-2006, 12:00 PM   #50
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I just wanted to indicate thet these are two different games as you can see here and here respectively. Additionally it can't be bought, for example, on CD Access. wallbash.gif[/b]
Noticed that. I made pretty sure that the game was not sold anywhere anymore before submitting both it and the review, so it was quite a surprise for me that this happened. I sent Kosta a message right after making my last post in this thread.
Quote:
So, is there a chance that you put up the download link again? brain_help.gif It would be very appreciated since I love this game since I'd bought it for my Amiga and would like to play it again with those different cinematique sequences. worshippy.gif[/b]
As you can see, it's back.

Quote:
Am I doing something wrong in regards to collecting the credits to pay the old hermit at the end of the first level?...I can't seem to find any credits anywhere?[/b]
As Japofran said, the credits are hidden around the level, in a few places. You'll find them with a little exploring.
IIRC, the 500-C chip was ol the right of the screen with a raised platform and two gun turrets facing each other.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman