Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-03-2006, 04:12 AM   #401
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You can answer all your questions by looking in this thread. Not to say that those questions have so obvious answers that I don't even want to deem them with an actual response.

I'd suggest you stop spamming this thread and start trying to play the game.
Old 29-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #402
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
1- There is anyway to avoid the destruction of the city when chassing a big UFO?
Fly high. However, your craft will get destroyed more easily.
Quote:
2- If u were looking for elirium what building will you raid, i raided some flyers factories but no enought?
Solmine and Government facilities, likely.
Quote:
3- Wanna be John Malcovich?
Cease the spam. This is your last warning.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #403
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
I'd suggest you stop spamming this thread and start trying to play the game.
Quote:
Cease the spam. This is your last warning.
What happened to you two? U were nice people...
well i stop spam, but i am making some real questions eagle and its true that some of them are easy answered by playing, but some others are just to let others talk about what they feel more suitable to do. Say that its already answered is for technical problems like "i can run a game from 1980 in a Pentium III with WinME", answer that its in the first page of topic: "use dosbox".
Let´s move to the game:

1- How chase an UFO avoiding loses and making less damage to city? Many small craft or a pair of big craft?
2- The relations with other human organizations looks to me like the less denveloped and more promising game issue. In X-COM Apc, they got some use, cuz i dont find it, its like a remake of any of the old ones. I am praying that it can be a more main strategical game than a tactical sim.
Old 30-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #404
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

We are nice - as long as people aren't breaking the rules.
When you do - one of my duties as a mod of this section is preventing spam. This automatically overrides the usual "being a nice guy" routine.

Quote:
1- How chase an UFO avoiding loses and making less damage to city? Many small craft or a pair of big craft?
Depends on your playing style, really. Both approaches have their own positive and negative sides.
Quote:
2- The relations with other human organizations looks to me like the less denveloped and more promising game issue. In X-COM Apc, they got some use, cuz i dont find it, its like a remake of any of the old ones. I am praying that it can be a more main strategical game than a tactical sim.
My guess is that the makers didn't have time/money/manpower (choose your pick) to develop this aspect.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #405
flipper

hi, i had xcom appocalypse quite a few years back, the original cd is now broken but i have a backup on one of my cds. the backup does not work as i didnt rename the cd to the same name as original (its called 'NEW', LOL) and also there appears to be no mp3's after searching the cd. can anybody who has the original please tell me what cd name appears when disk is inserted?

ive downloaded the mp3s as they dont appear to be on the disk (unless theyre in another format somewhere), any idea where i put them or why the original didnt copy them? are they supposed to be in mp3 format or do i need to convert them?

i know i can download the game legally as its abandonware, but would prefer to get it working again with the atmospheric music that i remember.

thanks for your time.

flipper.

Old 30-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #406

oh, and not sure if this makes a difference, but it was from the one in the redish and yellow coloured box, not the greyish box (theyre prolly the same just in different boxes, but i could be wrong)

Old 30-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #407
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You cannot convert the MP3's back into ingame music, sorry.

You'll have to download an ISO image of the game disc from the net - check the *Mule clients, especially, since that is how I got mine.

-- Reed Richards
Old 03-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #408
Hypersniper
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by flipper@Mar 31 2006, 02:17 AM
hi, i had xcom appocalypse quite a few years back, the original cd is now broken but i have a backup on one of my cds. the backup does not work as i didnt rename the cd to the same name as original (its called 'NEW', LOL) and also there appears to be no mp3's after searching the cd. can anybody who has the original please tell me what cd name appears when disk is inserted?

Hi flipper,

The name of the cd is call "XCOM APOC" type in capitals XCOM space APOC
There are no mp3s on the disk. It is just one big music file on the root of the cd called "MUSIC"
If you have this the music will work fine.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #409
Mister.D

Hi guys, I just installed the download from here at Abandonia for XCOM-APOCALPYSE dos version.

I've been able to play the game very well and had good luck with the actual gameplay so far.

Recently I've progressed in the game to where the tall (icecream cone) looking Ships start to appear, I've already shot down and captured everything from the smallest scout ships, all the way to the (purple disc) troop carriers, and the green fast attack ships.

I was able to shoot down the Icecream cone looking ship, its a very tall looking ship, with about the radius of the small scout ships that you first see.

Here is my problem, when I sent my troops in to capture this new ship, it begins to load the map and stuff for the enemy ship, then stops and asks for the Xcom Cd...

Isn't the install here at Abondonia a full install? or maybe some missing files?

I have the Windows 95-98 re-release of the game on 2 CD's, called Xcom collectors edition, but I can't get it to play in XP, or in Dosbox.

Like I said earlier, up to this point the Installed game from the Abandonia Database has run just fine..

Any suggestions guys?
Mister.D is offline                         Send a private message to Mister.D
Old 07-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #410
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I have the Windows 95-98 re-release of the game on 2 CD's, called Xcom collectors edition, but I can't get it to play in XP, or in Dosbox.
Copy the datafiles from the CD to a corresponding directory in the downloaded version from Abandonia. See if that changes anything.

As for the W9x version, try combining compatibility mode for Win95 or 98 (probably also 640x480 res and 256 colors) with VDMSound.

-- Reed Richards