Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2004, 06:05 AM   #61
FreeFreddy

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterP@Oct 31 2004, 04:00 AM
Planescape:Torment was awesome in a sense that it was very much an individual amongst its counterparts. The setting allowed for a lot of weird and wonderful things to explore and experience. The story in this game was half of it's appeal, there was a lot less fighting and a lot more dialogue, which may or may not appeal to those of different temperament, but I personally loved it. Characters had their own dramatic back-stories, and the game focused on this storybook element in length. And while you did have less freedom with the protagonist (referred to as "the nameless one"), it still sucked you in on a personal level, really feeling for these characters. The game seems shorter than BG1 & 2, but it still is a worthwhile experience. Definitely one of the best stories in a game, ever. Check it out if you get the chance.
It's just very bad there was no sequel. I really would love to know how, when and where the Nameless and Fall-from-grace would meet again, it was just really disappointing that their love story ended with the game...
All in all, the game had such a great, tragic story I rarely saw in other games.

Old 31-10-2004, 08:15 AM   #62
Fenris
Abandonia nerd

The ending of Planescape Torment doesn't really allow a sequel. I don't think that a mortal would survive very long in the blood war.
Old 31-10-2004, 12:22 PM   #63
FreeFreddy

But if he would...

Old 31-10-2004, 02:17 PM   #64
Fenris
Abandonia nerd

Well, I would love a sequel as long as it would follow the good old ways of 2D and not like NWN. It is a shame that nowadays good graphics are more important then a well told story in with deep atmosphere. Original games with a depth like Planescape are rare and in think it even beats both Baldur's Gate games. It is of unique quality.
Old 31-10-2004, 05:04 PM   #65
Captivus

Well I think that the best RPG of all time was Planescape - great plot, nice characters and intresting world. I've played it 10 - 12 times and there's stil much I haven't done ....
Captivus is offline                         Send a private message to Captivus
Old 01-11-2004, 06:27 AM   #66
FreeFreddy

It's just like Baldur's Gate II - you can play it several times and still find everytime some new things you didn't notice before. Aye, it's a pity that the Infinity engine won't be used anymore and those games are past now...

Old 01-11-2004, 08:41 AM   #67
MasterP

Yeah, I really hope they can manage to capture that unique spirit in other RPG's down the track.

But for now, you can still savor the classics.
MasterP is offline                         Send a private message to MasterP
Old 02-11-2004, 03:38 PM   #68
rjpogi

Final Fantasy 7 is the best console RPG i ever played, great visuals at that time and has one of the best story, NeverwinterNights is the best RPG for the PC, it got epic material, from story to music, got addicted to it k:
rjpogi is offline                         Send a private message to rjpogi
Old 07-11-2004, 12:01 PM   #69
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Has anyone heard of Grom or played it. I saw it in a shop once and it looked quite intersting. Then I saw some screenshots a couple of days ago, and now I really want it. But I'd like to know if it's worth it from people who have played it.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 07-11-2004, 07:54 PM   #70
ROGI

Send a message via MSN to ROGI

baldur's gate 1 and 2
fallout series