Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-02-2006, 04:12 AM   #71
CommieCowboy

Here's my favourite Wasteland guide:

http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/wasteland.html

Incidentally, I melee-kill just about everything I fight in Wasteland and don't bother training any combat skills other than Brawling and Energy Weapon (for that enemy in Base Cochise that you can't melee-kill due to what I believe is a bug).

And I make sure that my entire party learns Doctor once my IQ hits 21: Sure it's cheap as Hell, but it makes life much easier.
CommieCowboy is offline                         Send a private message to CommieCowboy
Old 09-03-2006, 12:22 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally posted by Harleqwyn+Mar 18 2005, 07:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Harleqwyn @ Mar 18 2005, 07:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ilikeoldgames@Mar 18 2005, 05:50 AM
Of course I have no manual for this game so I have been slowly figuring it all out.* One thing that confuses the heck out of me is that the ammo shops keep dissapearing somehow.* I mean, they are still there but there isn't an option to go inside anymore.* My characters just walk right into the spot where the shop would be and stare back at me like the stupid unisexual stick figure they are.* I have plenty of money and I need ammo real bad, but none of the gun shops I know work anymore for some reason.* Why is this happening?* Did I sell too much to them and they went out of business or something?* Can I even fix this?* I thought it was a fluke the first time it happened but now there are two non-responsive ammo shops.* Need help quick!
I've heard of this one, straining memory here... it's likely because you did not save after leaving the shop, or died? It's a bad bug, I do remember that the shop cannot be resurrected. But there are shops in Quartz, Needles and Darwin Village, so you can still play yet. Perhaps you could back up your game at times in case you lose the last shop as well, and try saving after leaving a shop.

By the way, there's plenty of ammo and guns in the game without ever buying from a shop. [/b][/quote]
The shop dissapearing, happens if you save or radio in on the "shop tile" so do not do it or you'll be sorry, step away from it first. Its really easy to do in Quartz by mistake, I think it might also happen if you get attacked when you stand on the shop :/

Some tips I can give for some easy xp is get climbing and acrobat, make a macro then constantly try to climb the sand hills in needles, your skills will level like crazy, and you might gain a few levels when you radio in. Also when you make your characters buy one level of combat shooting i think its called, you can't buy that skill later in the game ever. When you get later in the game and raid The Temple of Blood save all manglers/rpgs/law rockets you find then head to Darwin City, sell only enough rocket launchers to equip you whole team with kevlar suits. And you will want atleast one character with lvl 3 in AT weapons skill, you can use spears and such to raise it. Another macro I'd make is multiple "esc" key presses to advance the time faster mainly to heal where time advances slower ie. buildings/dungeons.

Old 27-03-2006, 01:42 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally posted by CommieCowboy@Feb 16 2006, 05:00 AM
Now for the reason I'm here:

What's your favourite method of training your characters to obscenely high levels?

I like getting everybody's gambling skill to 8 at the Desert Nomads and then using the Skill Point bug to raise my gambling skill by 1 point for free every time I gain a level.

Once my luck is 20+ and my Gamble is 13+, I'll go to Fat Freddy's, program a macro to gamble in a loop, use a small but heavy object to hold down the F1 key, go to sleep for a while, and check how many levels I've gained when I wake up...

There's an even better way than that, but it only works well if at least 3 characters have a swim skill of 3 or lower...

Unfortunately, almost all of my party has a Swim of 4 or 5.
Well, that takes a little fun out of the game, but I guess if you've played it "normally" a few dozen times . . .

I usually just give my guys a little boost by running along the skylight above Ugly's hideout.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:28 AM   #74
Guest_Lokey_*

HEY!

Is no one having problems with this game freezing up every 5 minutes??

Pretty aggravating. I've tried increasing cycles and stuff, but it still crashes... always... every time. What the fuh?

Lokey

Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #75
Lefty

The freezing is caused by the mouse. You have to play the game without a mouse, and more to the point, prevent the game from detecting your mouse when you start it up.

I have very little experience with DOSBox, since my computer is too old to use it effectively, so if you don't know how to do this, I'm sure someone else here can help you out.

:w00t:

Old 25-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #76

Anyone figure out whether there is a way to get music\sound working? Only hear little blips here and there, like footsteps.

I thought there was music on the old c64 version I played back in the day.

Old 26-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #77
JackBlack

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 25 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]280927[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Anyone figure out whether there is a way to get music\sound working? Only hear little blips here and there, like footsteps.

[/b]

I don't know about the c64 version, but the PC version didn't have anything more than clicks and beeps.

I think there might have been some music at the end, been awhile since I've played it. If there was though, it was nothing but beeps chained together. :P
JackBlack is offline                         Send a private message to JackBlack
Old 26-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #78
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

You could just get the c64 version and play with an c64 emulator.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 28-02-2007, 04:10 AM   #79

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackBlack @ Feb 26 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]281120[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 25 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]280927[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]

I don't know about the c64 version, but the PC version didn't have anything more than clicks and beeps.

I think there might have been some music at the end, been awhile since I've played it. If there was though, it was nothing but beeps chained together. :P
[/b][/quote]

darn, oh well thanks. I looked at some of the c64 emulators and they looked to complicated to use (Or at least I dont have enough time to not be lazy)

Old 28-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #80
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I remember running a copy of Knight Rider on a C64 emulator - back in my DOS days, at that. It's simpler than it looks, really.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman