Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #71
Guest_Zach

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest_Alex@Feb 12 2005, 05:17 PM
Please help! What are the answers to the registration questions at the start of chapter 2? I can't get past them.

Thanks
For the answers to the registration questions at the start of chapter 2. click this link.
Registration form

Old 03-01-2006, 02:40 AM   #72

Hello, Does anybody knows where the sorcerer university orientation guide is downloadable?

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!! k:

Old 03-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #73
SupSuper
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jan 3 2006, 03:40 AM
Hello, Does anybody knows where the sorcerer university orientation guide is downloadable?

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!! k:
It's right above you. LOOK before you post
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 10-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #74
Reverend Bizarre

I'm having the blank command list as well. I searched the DosBox site for supported games list and the problem was listed there as well, so it's probably a DosBox bug.
The game manual says:
"When installing Spellcasting 101 or 201, select EGA graphics (640x350 16 color) rather than VGA or SVGA."
DosBox doesn't seem to support EGA (not sure if that would make a difference anyway) so I switched the machine type in DosBox conf file from VGA to TANDY and that fixed the blank menus. Too bad it rapes the graphics as well.
Also tried running it under VDMSound which screws textmenus up and directly under XP where it runs fine until the first picture and then suddenly closes the application.
I had blank menus in 201 also but fortunately VDMSound saved me there.

If someone can make it work properly please post here.
Reverend Bizarre is offline                         Send a private message to Reverend Bizarre
Old 12-01-2006, 01:45 AM   #75

You're not the only one, Reverend. It happens for me with DOSbox in every Legend game that uses this engine. VDMsound seems to be the best bet for now, unless somebody's got a clever fix I haven't heard of yet.

And just for the hell of it, I reiterate:

"Nobody's mentioned this, so I must be missing something obvious: how the hell do you complete the island where time runs backwards? I reach a point where, according to the FAQ, I'm supposed to eat a small waybread, but despite the room description, there IS no small waybread to be found. Naturally, this causes a bit of a problem. I thought it was because I had a bugged copy, but alas, I downloaded the game from The Underdogs and played through to find very much the same problem. Any ideas?"

Old 31-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #76
nawade

so, i think i've missed something b/c i'm on the island of lost soles. I looked at a guide that mentioned a spell that i don't have, so i guess i missed it, but the guide is really just a list of commands. I got through everything thus far w/o help and I was wondering if someone could tell me where you get the spell that solves the puzzle on the lost soles island.
nawade is offline                         Send a private message to nawade
Old 31-01-2006, 02:00 AM   #77
Kearnsy
Games Master

The KABUL spell. Its not much of a puzzle just using it on everything (about 50 times in total!!!!! :ranting: ) kinda annoying!
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 31-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #78
nawade

nevermind, i figured it out. increase bust size... LOL. I can't believe i missed that!!

edit: stuck on the climax. joey pushes the button and i cant figure out what to do!!!

I've played enough adventure games to know that either i missed something, did something in the wrong order, or i need to use an item to get what i need done. The only items i haven't used are the purse and the stuff in the purse. I've tried using the flamethrower on the appliance, on joey, on l0la, on tickingclock... none of that works...

:help:
nawade is offline                         Send a private message to nawade
Old 07-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #79
Zorbas
Unhappy

The registration form is not enough to play the game.
At the end of Chapter 2, you need to set the dials of the surfboard to go to a given destination.
These codes seem to be given by some map that was in the original box.

On Home of the underdogs, they have a manual that is common for the 3 Spellcasting games, but it does not include this map. I searched the Internet for this map, but to no avail.
The only thing I found was this:

http://www.textfiles.com/adventure/spelcst.txt

and that does not compute, e.g. the island of lost soles (the first you're supposed to visit according to most walkthrough's) is not shown. I guess this file is for another SC game?

You need to read a walkthrough to get the correct codes, but that's a shame!

So, please, anybody knows where I can get this bloody map?

:help:

Old 07-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #80
Zorbas
Unhappy

To elaborate on why the map I found is not the good one:

various walkthroughs say that you should set the dials to 6/Tick or 4/Pig at the end of Chapter 2 (This leads you to island of lost soles, or the time reverse island). But these two combinations (or the two islands I mentioned) do not appear on this map. So I think it's either incomplete or for another SC game.

Cheers