Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2005, 12:34 PM   #241

Currently im trying to play airplanes at the very start and i have big problem with city growth and passenger service, i can link an airport with 3 other airports using 6 aircrafts and the passengers city provide drop from 170 to 80 and then to 40 or so in less than a couple of years.
Do you know any trick to speed up city growth? does developing their fabs play any role at all ? (my current rates for all airports are about 62% for passengers and +70% for mail -i am using mail trucks too-)
Also how to prevent a station from stop accepting goods? I spent good money (in some games) building factories and steel mills only to have my trains stockpile the goods in the city station for free.

Old 27-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #242
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

The way I see it, the problem with airfields is that they take up quite some space. Often you have to bulldoze houses in the process, and building an airfield without having a bus station present first often seems to invoke cities' anger.

I usually build a bus station first, then position an airfield next to it (so they belong to the same single station).
I've noticed later in the game bus station often attract more passengers than a nearby airfield, so by joining them you avoid this trouble.
If you've got some money to spare, you can pump some money into a city's development (fund new buildings and such). Personally I hardly if ever do that, I tend to start with linking some industries first, allowing the cities to grow a little before I start connecting them.

Stations stop accepting goods when you've positioned them to a rather small town; you should try to drop goods at the largest/best developed city you have at your disposal, and have a station located quite centrally in that city. It might help if you invest money in that city (as described above) but I'm not sure if it's worth the money...
Old 27-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #243

another_guest thank you for the tip , i ll try the bus&airport thing.
It looks like passenger service isnt reliable for the first 15-20 years and city imrpovement is very expensive at the begining

Old 27-12-2005, 02:57 PM   #244
Caged
Game Wizzard

just a little tidbit about the game as I have discovered this as I have played it recently.

TT Deluxe is fully capable of LAN multiplayer, however, all the machines need to be running XP as it is the only environment in which the multiplayer is stable. I have tried numerous times with a winXP machine hosting and a winME machine connecting (and visa versa) with each time the game (and occasionally the winME) crashing. I later found after googling that the multiplayer was only stabalized for WinXP/2000 machines with the TTDX patch.
Caged is offline                         Send a private message to Caged
Old 28-12-2005, 08:12 AM   #245
kleine777
Game freak

what is lan conection?
kleine777 is offline                         Send a private message to kleine777
Old 28-12-2005, 02:48 PM   #246
Caged
Game Wizzard

another side note, i tried the open source version that has worked all the kinks out for running a multiplayer game on a Local Area Network as well as over the internet using master game servers.
Old 28-12-2005, 02:49 PM   #247
kleine777
Game freak

so what your saying is i can play with a friend on the same computer but not through the internet even with the patches?
kleine777 is offline                         Send a private message to kleine777
Old 28-12-2005, 10:14 PM   #248
Caged
Game Wizzard

not with the abandonware version man. You're gonna have to download and use the open source alternative which is fully multiplayer compatible via TCP/IP protocol (Internet) k:
Old 12-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #249
Guest_Marko

It's not working :ranting: :ranting:

Old 12-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #250
Javaguy
Abandonia nerd

some details apaer from its not working and a couple of smileys would be nice...
Javaguy is offline                         Send a private message to Javaguy