Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #81
Surfsuds

Tom, it's the right walkthrough. I just used it to leave The Frozen Lands. This is their preface:

"Fable

Note: These are not the hints for the recent XBox game, but rather for an older PC game of the same name. We do not yet have hints for the newer Fable.

About This UHS File

Getting Killed (READ THIS FIRST!)
Some General Tips and Cautions
The Village of Balkhane
The Frozen Lands
The Land of Mists
The Engulfed Fortress (World)
The Land of Shadows
Endings

About these hints "

k:
Surfsuds is offline                         Send a private message to Surfsuds
Old 17-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #82
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik+Sep 15 2005, 11:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tom Henrik @ Sep 15 2005, 11:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason1701@Sep 15 2005, 03:53 AM
I downloaded the game a couple days ago and no sound so i downloaded it again and i get sound effects but are there suppose to be voices when the characters are talking or are there suppose to be subtitles?
<!--QuoteBegin-The Review

Technical Notes:

- The game will freeze in DOSBox, unless you enhance the cycles to 6000+ (CTRL+F12)!

- When the game starts for the first time, there will be no visible dialogues. This is because the game is meant to include speech. So, in order to show the dialogues as text you need to press Enter to get into the Game Options. Then just restart the game, and you'll see the dialogue from the first scene.

- The music has been removed from the archive, but the sounds are included (including the sounds of the scenery animations, like climbing squirrels and screeching birds).

- Both the into and the outro are included in the archive. We are proud to be the only site that offers these videos. Please enjoy.
[/b][/quote]
did all that and tried all that, but i still can't save a game!

Old 17-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #83
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Are they supposed to talk? I could not hear what they are saying. I have my dialog, I choose a question but I couldn't hear what do they say?
bahman is offline                         Send a private message to bahman
Old 17-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #84
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Originally posted by bahman@Sep 17 2005, 07:26 PM
Are they supposed to talk? I could not hear what they are saying. I have my dialog, I choose a question but I couldn't hear what do they say?
Just as the post right above you states... no. There is no speech in the game.
Old 18-09-2005, 02:15 AM   #85
Rikje Suede
Forum hobbit

What a cute game.. indeed not easy to get it started, but it now works fine for me.
Happily there are thumbnails when saving/loading, the only characters i could produce so far are "P" an "O".
The UHS hintfile is very usefull too, makes you "not panic" whenever the game may freeze. But "save early, save often" (who of you guys does remember Al Lowe ??) is a good advice.
4.5 out of 5.
Thx Tom, thx abandonia k:
Rikje Suede is offline                         Send a private message to Rikje Suede
Old 18-09-2005, 03:30 AM   #86
Rikje Suede
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Sep 17 2005, 03:03 PM

Guest: After pressing ENTER, then clicking SAVE, chose a slot. Then typing "3Q" or something like that does some O's or P's appear.. then you can click the "OK"-button.
Rikje Suede is offline                         Send a private message to Rikje Suede
Old 18-09-2005, 04:39 AM   #87
Dekada
Quote:
Originally posted by Rikje Suede+Sep 18 2005, 03:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rikje Suede @ Sep 18 2005, 03:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Guest@Sep 17 2005, 03:03 PM

Guest: After pressing ENTER, then clicking SAVE, chose a slot. Then typing "3Q" or something like that does some O's or P's appear.. then you can click the "OK"-button.

[/b][/quote]
Thanks! Tried that, no dice! it says "file creation failed"

Old 18-09-2005, 05:15 AM   #88
Rikje Suede
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Dekada+Sep 18 2005, 04:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dekada @ Sep 18 2005, 04:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Rikje Suede@Sep 18 2005, 03:30 AM

Thanks! Tried that, no dice! it says "file creation failed" [/b][/quote]
Awww, thats weird.. only thing I can think of: do you have a subdirectory in your Fable-directory named SAVEGAME?? If not, creating one may do the trick, If yes... hope others can help you out...
Old 18-09-2005, 08:02 AM   #89
dekada

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikje Suede+Sep 18 2005, 05:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rikje Suede @ Sep 18 2005, 05:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Dekada@Sep 18 2005, 04:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Rikje Suede
Quote:
@Sep 18 2005, 03:30 AM

Thanks! Tried that, no dice! it says "file creation failed"
Awww, thats weird.. only thing I can think of: do you have a subdirectory in your Fable-directory named SAVEGAME?? If not, creating one may do the trick, If yes... hope others can help you out... [/b][/quote]
AWWRIGHT! that did it! thanks! :Brain:

Old 18-09-2005, 11:43 AM   #90
Guest_guest

I'm not getting any sounds at all. I am running it using Win98. Help please.