Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #41
Hugo

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Oct 26 2004, 04:28 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
I finally have it back, PG in it's purest form. We played it in 1996 and future never gave anything like it so far! Especially avoiding to play Sea Lion in 1940 just to keep rockin'... ooooh yeah. Thanks for having it back guys!!!!

Old 14-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #42
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to athcnv Send a message via MSN to athcnv

Note to self: RTFM!

Sigh....I didn't know that anti tank units ALWAYS fire second when attacking tanks, and that their high initiative only works when attacked BY a tank!

BTW, what happens if an anti tank attacks a non-tank unit? Or if a non-tank unit attacks an anti-tank? Is it just normal combat?

ALSO, I didn't know that in certain terrain (forest and city hexes), units which are in forest/city hexes and are attacked by infantry, or are attacking infantry in forest/city hexes, have to fight with their close defense values, thus making it risky for most vehicles to attack infantry in these hexes, or be caught in forests/cities near infantry.

I was wondering why my deployed 88mm anti aircraft unit got reduced from strength 10 to 2 (normally, in clear terrain, the infantry gets buggered, with its attack broken up - but I'd put my aa unit in a city, thinking that the entrenchment factor would enhance my aa unit's stats!)
Old 19-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #43
Rommelbak
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Seabass@Oct 29 2004, 01:54 PM
Work fine on my Xp with sound (it deyrcyrd i havr soundblaster I series and the settings for it ). But can u only play the axis side on cmapigen mode?? I don't wanna play the god damn nazis.
well, ehm it is panzer general - axis... if you are THAT political correct, try allied general :blink:

Old 23-07-2005, 12:19 AM   #44
stijnelijn

rugged defense:
my theory -> see it in %-> 6 entrenchment is 60% chance for rugged on a tank, and 30 on a infantery.
This might not be the right formula but it doesn,t go far from it. Rugged defense often means dead for the other unit, so take care. You,ll find out you make much less use of it then the allies.

Army buildup:
fighters and tanks are your friend, riding artillery is your backup, a few infantry to conquer cities quickly. You could ignore the rest if it wasn,t for the fun off toying with them.

core units:
Core units carry over to the next map including their experience.
Core units have black numbers, the others white, don,t lose your core units, waste the others if needed to safe your core units. I often placed a non-core unit in a terrible position just to draw the comps attention away from my precious core unit which had gotten himself in trouble.

Take care off:
*cities, forests, for their high rugged defense chance.
*placing weak units like artillery on rivers.
*The computers estimated numbers which seem nearly allways to positive.
*The start of the map where the computers planes bezerk to all sides of the map to hunt yours down. Smart playing will make the comp pay for this.

tips:
*I personaly consider fog of war on, weather off and supplies off the most fun way to play this game.
*If you want a different challence, get allied general and play the russians, by far the most interesting campaign of allied general. They like armor, big strong steel plates, lots of them! And check the little planes the programs wants to let you fight them messersmiths with, time to get some anti-air cannons.
*Years ago i had downloaded a map-patch for panzer general which was quite good, might still be available somewhere.
*Paratroopers can speedup your win big time, use high experienced troops for them.

Old 23-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #45
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by PepaDrobny@Jun 14 2005, 10:44 AM
Hallo, I am inviting you to visit my page. I made a lot of things to PG. Bugs corrections, new campaigns and scenarios, Allied interface - all AG scenarios and campaigns can be played in the best PG1! k:
looks interesting. i think i iwll have a go with it later.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 01-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #46
Unicorn
Wink

Panzer General series is indeed on of the best ever !

Old 27-09-2005, 02:41 PM   #47
Meanman

I remember the first time playing this, it was one of the first Playstation games I ever played and I loved it. My cousin hated it and I was given it. Somehow I lost that one and came across a Windows version of it. Ahhhhhh the good old days.

Old 19-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #48
GunshySlycat1

Quote:
Originally posted by Seabass@Oct 29 2004, 09:54 AM
Work fine on my Xp with sound (it deyrcyrd i havr soundblaster I series and the settings for it ). But can u only play the axis side on cmapigen mode?? I don't wanna play the god damn nazis.
Hence PANZER general.. It's a game, just play the damn thing LOL. If you're that close minded, maybe you shouldn't be playing any game. Besides, there's allied general but I could never get it to work.. must only work on the 95 os
GunshySlycat1 is offline                         Send a private message to GunshySlycat1
Old 19-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #49
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by GunshySlycat1+Oct 19 2005, 05:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GunshySlycat1 @ Oct 19 2005, 05:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Seabass@Oct 29 2004, 09:54 AM
Hence PANZER general.. It's a game, just play the damn thing LOL. If you're that close minded, maybe you shouldn't be playing any game. Besides, there's allied general but I could never get it to work.. must only work on the 95 os [/b][/quote]
Allied General works fine under XP. Just change the colours to 256.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 19-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #50
General

No it doesn't. It requires Win95 (I couldn't run it in WinXP either). That's why I have a dual boot with WinME as the second option (just because of this great game: Allied General).