Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:10 PM   #51
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Updates, sadly:
The 3 tube blasts were within a few seconds, police have revealed. Also the explosives were not home made.
49 people are dead with 25 missing. Bodies are still being recovered.
from news.bbc.co.uk (set as my homepage actually. Like a newspaper every time I logon)
Old 09-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #52
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Call me a cynical bastard, but IMO Al-Qieda might well be made up. They're basically the scapegoat of the whole western world. The real IRA might be to blame, some french militant groups maybe to blame.

It could well be the IRA though, they're close enough and also well-trained enough to pull this off.

What I'm really pissed off with, though, is that the BBC were saying 'we cannot determine if this is a suicide attack or not'. Would it really matter if it was? Does it make it any worse?

Still, it's going to be used as an excuse to put more money into the army and that can never be a good thing. The army is already getting twice as much money as HIV research. Britain needs to get its priorities sorted out.

And to any of you who reckon that it has to be some kind of muslim group I have to say - Shut up. Is that any more likely than a Christian group?

No. No it isn't, it's just used as an excuse to attack countries with a different religion from us.

Next on Blair's list - Saudi Arabia (or Siberia, you never know)
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 09-07-2005, 06:31 PM   #53
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

don't terrorists have enything better to do then blow up random places for no reason smart terrorist group would go for the head of the country to take it over. :ranting: also dont they release videos for there moronic acts its stupid when they dont
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 09-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #54
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Eh?

London is the capital. They planted bombs maybe for a lot of reasons, but there we are.

It's happened quite a lot before and will again.

Oh by the way if anyone suggests ID cards to sort the problems out then I will give them an anal probe with a red-hot poker. And then a Taser. So don't even bother.

They won't work and they're a total waste of money.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 09-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #55
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Jul 9 2005, 08:28 PM
It could well be the IRA though, they're close enough and also well-trained enough to pull this off.
It might have been, but what would be their motive? IRA hasn't really made a terrorist attack on a target in quite some time (luckily).

I agree that the army is getting way too much money (no matter which country we're talking about). It's got a lot to with with economy and very little with security.

No army can protect a country from terrorism (that's the job of inteligence/counterinteligence) - unless the bigger plan is to put a soldier on every street corner replacing police with regular army (that would be just stupid).

Al-Queida is said to claim responsibility for the attack. I guess if you're a terrorist (no matter how sensless that is) there are still some things that seem logical. I guess every terrorist organization has an agenda (besides killing random victims). So they would claim responsibility for the attack so they could get what they want in return for stopping the attacks. So far Al-Queida is the only organization that was reported to claim responsibility - so I guess they did do it. Let's not start another conspiracy topic because of this, please.

@Danny: Yes, I've heard the latest news and the number of mortalities has increased (sadly).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 09-07-2005, 07:06 PM   #56
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

To be fair, it doesn't bear any of the hallmarks of an IRA action (or other irish terrorism) - no warning, multiple devices and civilian targets (as opposed to a government/military one). Thus far the train bombs don't seem to be suicude bombs while the bus one was either that or it exploded while in transit. It could possibly be the work of a lone bomber, although the bombs weren't home-made so he must have had assosciates in that case. Had it been a series of suicide attacks it would be slightly less likely there's an active cell still on the loose.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 09-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #57
lethe
Game freak

*Wonders what is the next country in the middle east being invaded by USA/England, using these explosions as excuse*
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 09-07-2005, 10:37 PM   #58
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

I saved this as soon as I heard of the bombings in London.

>>MSNBC TV translator Jacob Keryakes, who said that a copy of the message was later posted on a secular Web site, noted that the claim of responsibility contained an error in one of the Quranic verses it cited. That suggests that the claim may be phony, he said.

"This is not something al-Qaida would do," he said.<<

MSNBC

If you go through the news sites, you will see they don't mention the faulty letter anymore. Meanwhile, a second group claiming to be Al Qaida in Europe has claimed responsibility. Will they get it right this time?

And what about this? :whistle:
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 09-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #59
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Ah, part of infowars.com I see. That makes sense.

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 09-07-2005, 10:54 PM   #60
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Sigh. So what about the MSNBC report?

And what about this BBC Radio 5 clip? Listen the whole clip or go to 1:34.

I mean, MSNBC and BBC are mainstream media, not?
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran