Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #51

I guess so... Like, u make the cases they go to the stock pile and then ur workers go get them... if ur workers wont order cases.. u have to make them... but im not so sure is it possible, cos they sell the cases too... hm :blink:

Old 01-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #52
MadMarius
Forum hobbit

i think we have to move the crates from machine to machine using the conveitor belt or such. :w00t:
MadMarius is offline                         Send a private message to MadMarius
Old 01-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #53
The Unknown

Well its possible i think. i tried the conveyor belt to place on input... it did work but only on one input if i remember right... so it might be possible yes.. k: but if u test u might save first, cos playing with the conveyor belt is bad, cos it sometimes takes too much money.. but give it a try!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:23 AM   #54
NSDS3HvLDjJd

Send a message via AIM to NSDS3HvLDjJd

You can feed two machines' input with one storage bin, if you know how to use the conveyer belts efficiently. The same for outputs.

Bigger stockpile at the storage bin translates into less reloading, which is sort of good...
Old 30-07-2005, 03:30 AM   #55

How do you set up conveyor belts? When I try to connect it up to a machine, it just says its either blocking something or its must connect to a machine. Is there something you need to do first?

Old 30-07-2005, 04:40 AM   #56
AntarcticTiger
Forum hobbit

First, when setting conveyor belts, start off by clicking on one end (an input, output, or a storage bin), and then click on the adjacent tile where you want the conveyor belt to go.
AntarcticTiger is offline                         Send a private message to AntarcticTiger
Old 14-08-2005, 09:09 AM   #57
demons19

A couple of questions;
#1 The research thing......I have no clue how to do this and the way it was explained never happens in my game. Can someone tell me the trick?

#2 Once you have played the game for a while, is it possible to move your business to a larger building? If not, why do they show all these empty buildings that say for rent, if they really are not.

Thanks
demons19 is offline                         Send a private message to demons19
Old 14-08-2005, 09:27 AM   #58
AntarcticTiger
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by demons19@Aug 14 2005, 02:09 AM
A couple of questions;
#1 The research thing......I have no clue how to do this and the way it was explained never happens in my game. Can someone tell me the trick?

#2 Once you have played the game for a while, is it possible to move your business to a larger building? If not, why do they show all these empty buildings that say for rent, if they really are not.

Thanks

First off, for research, you'll have to buy the machine for it. Say, for an example, a wood product machine, which can be modified to produce pencils, or chairs, or tables, etc.

Once you have the machine placed, click on it, and choose the upgrade option. From there on out, you can choose to upgrade the machine's level of complexity, on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being able to produce the most complex unknown item. Each level corresponds to a yet to be developed product. For example, a pencil is level 1, a chair is level 2, a table is level 3, etc. Once you've chosen an unknown item to research, below, you can see some boxes. There, you can make a guess at which materials are used for the unknown product chosen. If all the materials you've picked can be used to make something, then you've officially 'invented' that product.

However, should you not get all the materials correct, your researchers will tell you which materials are correct, and you will have to start the research process over again, the only difference being the wasted materials and your knowledge of which materials are correct.

Now, about the doing the actual researching. Once you've got the machine set up, with inputs, and storage zones and all that, you must assign scientists to the inputs & control station of the machine. They will work like machine operators by putting material into the input & operating the machine. The machine will then make the product in question. The machine needs to make a certain amount of these unknown products before your scientists can determine whether they're appropriate for the unknown product or not. Your scientists will immediately notify you once they have a definite answer.

As far as I know, no, unfortunately there does not seem to be a way to expand, either through transferring into a larger building or buying another building.

All the empty for rent buildings, I suppose, are to give you a choice on which building you want to use, based on distance from suppliers, size, and rent per sq. ft.
AntarcticTiger is offline                         Send a private message to AntarcticTiger
Old 14-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #59
Oberon

it also makes research faster if u have one or two "Director of R&D" on your employee list.. i have 2 R&D Directors and 2 Researcher... it cost me 3 months to invent the "Personal Data Assistant" with an average unit price of 1.016.00 $

here is a nice faq, for researching products...
Oberon is offline                         Send a private message to Oberon
Old 15-08-2005, 12:05 AM   #60
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

:not_ok: Does the idea of shaving a few pence of your manufacturing budget give you sweaty palms? Do you love the idea of screwing down your workers in a way that suggests Karl Marx never existed? Do you get wood over the prospect of cutting your workers cigarette breaks? If so this is definitely the game for you. Budding capatalists with hours to kill will probably enjoy this game but after exploring it for a few hours I have to say it is utterly dull and seems to be gaming with all the fun sucked out. I guess it appeals to some people but I don't rate it highly. Then again I thought Industry Giant was complete crap too, so if you liked that game you'll probably love this too.
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove