Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2005, 10:05 PM   #81
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by VERTICAL PIG@Jun 16 2005, 10:44 PM
and was killed for it by those claming to be of the same faith.
That'd be my guys :whistle:

Quote:
This can lead to extreme inferiority complexes and insecurity.
I had a French teacher last year, atheist. He was an example for the "bad" atheist. he didn't believe in life after death, he believed he would just vanish, he said he therefore refused to get children and wasn't interested in wife either. He said that this is his one and only life and he's not going to be dictated by others while he's living it
what did all that lead to? it led to him being a downright jerk.
Old 16-06-2005, 10:06 PM   #82
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Wow. This must be the millionth religion discussion I've seen here that will inevitably result in flaming........as far as the website, whoever wrote it nvr made it through the second grade,.......or someone should take a brick to the authors head and knock some sense into him....... did I happen to mention that whoever wrote that website is the biggest moron the world has ever spawned.... :bleh:...pokemon are evil...LOL....
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 16-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #83
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Fawfulhasfury@Jun 16 2005, 11:06 PM
Wow. This must be the millionth religion discussion I've seen here that will inevitably result in flaming
Don't sound the alarm bell before the smoke, for the time being everything is still more or less peaceful.
Old 16-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #84
VERTICAL PIG

Quote:
That'd be my guys* :whistle:
hu.. why?
i would like to have met him and others. if i ever get that chance dont kill him tell i say hi k.
VERTICAL PIG is offline                         Send a private message to VERTICAL PIG
Old 16-06-2005, 11:54 PM   #85
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

The whole Jesus-part is another story.

IMHO i THINK he realy excisted, but was just another prophet, like thousands of other around that time, but good marketing made him populare, and his PR-crew saw to that he did "miracles".

If you studdy christianity objectivly, you quickly (at least i did) see many factors that lead to the rapid succes of the new religion.

But Jesus beeing the son of god? Heck no. If i was "god" and i where to send my "son" to a caothic earth, the FIRST thing i would have done, was to make him immortal. (might have added a few lasers and a minor nuke or smth)

We are still having a discussion over evolution/creationism here here, so NO outright flaming of another persons belife is allowed.

I REALY wonder how creationists explain radiation and radioactive isotopes..
If they can, they would just have solved all of earths nuclear-waste problems, as Plutonium and Uranium all of a sudden would be harmless after 1000 years instead of 2.000.000 years
NOT to forgett the oil-problem.. If we hurry to dig down enough bio-material, it would have turned into oil in about 50 years, instead of the "normal" 5-6.000.000 we THOUGHT it took. That would just about be enough to get new oil when we've used the excisting in about 60-70 years

To be honest, my oppinion is; If you have to belive in something "higher" to have a meaning in life, you are weak. I belive in that you make your own future during you short time on this planet, in the outskirt of the milkyway, in the mid-section of the vissible universe.

I KNOW i will not live to see humanity travel to other systems, unless we get fusion-power going and/or meet another race who possess this ability, and will share it, instead of annihilating our inferior race.

One thing i REALY want to know thou; What IF we where to face-to-face meet another race; What would the creationists say about that? The odds for this happening is MASSIVE is you look over a 2000 year span.

oh.. and yes, i respect, and accept other belifes, just as much as i assume my oppinion is accepted. EVERYONE has the right to see the world from theire view.
I do NOT try to enforce my way on others, just as little as they try the same with me.
My good friend the reverand, has NEVER tried to convert me, and i haven't questioned him either.

EDIT:

Quote:
Quote:
That'd be my guys* :whistle:
hu.. why?
i would like to have met him and others. if i ever get that chance dont kill him tell i say hi k.
He's jewish, and it was Jews who demanded for him to be exectuted at the roman govenor.
Old 17-06-2005, 12:36 AM   #86
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Hypo.

"No flaming of other people's beliefs, please"

>>
>>

"I think anybody who believes in a higher god is weak"

Perhaps if you read the bible AT all, Titan, you would see that the whole purpose Jesus was put onto the earth was to die a terrible death on the cross. Also, Jesus is God, not the son of god. They just say that as a metaphor. Jesus was one of the incarnations of god. This one was in the form of a mortal man. He planned to be put on the cross in order to die for humanity. Only his death sacrifice would be enough to cleanse all of the earth of their sins. Before Jesus died, it was impossible to go to heaven, because all humans were terrible sinners. After he died, his sacrifice showed that he loved us so much that he would endure the worst pain for us. His death caused all our slates to be wiped clean as soon as we die, so we are allowed to go to heaven.

However, if you murder with vengeance or evil in your heart that will NOT be taken away when you die. God does not tolerate evil.

Hope this makes you think a bit more before you flame Christianity, Titan.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 17-06-2005, 01:04 AM   #87
omg
Games Master

Quote:
"No flaming of other people's beliefs, please"

>>

"I think anybody who believes in a higher god is weak"
its his OPINION. do you know what one of those is. just because it differs from yours doesnt make it flame.

Quote:
Before Jesus died, it was impossible to go to heaven
so go created the earth heaven and hell then sent all of the billions of humans that existed before jesus to hell? wow cheers god ... seems a bit short sited of the old eternall one really
this is why i have a minor dislike for christianty actually.
muslims = go to hell
pagans = go to hell
jewish = got to hell
atheists = go to hell ect ect

at least hindus and buhhdists dont deny you a rebirth just because you dont belive in there system, however with christians its either "you are one of us" or " you go to hell" even with the muslims you will still go to heaven. but you will have to burn for a while first.

heres a little story about christian "tolerence"
my little brother joined a born again movement. he got well into it, burnt loads of MY marylin manson cds that i had lent him and MY magic the gathering cards + loads of my comics that i had left at home after leaving. used to go to these camps where they would "feel" the holy spirit and got himself a nice christian girlfreind.
one time they succombed to temptation and had sex. she got pregnent, of course being chrisitans they got married pretty dam sharpish. they had the kid.
members of there church refused to enter there house becuse they didnt want to be "tainted by the evil of a child concieved before the parents were married"
they were baptists btw.

how is it these people go from saying "god is love" one minute to "fags burn in hell" the next.

is it true that the bush administration wants creationism being taught in schools rather than darwin?

omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 17-06-2005, 01:49 AM   #88
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

I love you too, omg. LOL

And I don't know anything about Bush, because I am not interested in politics. I've heard people say that he wants to teach creationism in schools, but I'm not sure. Probably a steaming heap of horse manure.

Edit: before Christ died, people went to purgatory, not heaven or hell. Judging how little you know about the bible, you probably don't even know what that means.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 17-06-2005, 02:28 AM   #89
Flop
Hero Gamer

Indignius is right about this one; Jesus isn't simply the son of God, but is, in fact a part of God. He didn't just die because God felt like having him die, but he died for the sins of the human race. You see, back in the day, in the middle ages, human beings were assumed to be sinful by nature, meaning that if an infant die, that infant is going to go to hell, since it won't have had a chance to redeem itself. Christ changed this by dying on the cross. He purged humanity of it's natural sin, and because of that we no longer have to go through purgatory when we die (and there is no hell either, as far as I understand). This is all BS depending on how you look at it, but it is the core of Christianity and should be respected as such. IMO all religions tend to be implausible, but what people believe is entirely their own business, as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: And I have seen many examples of religion not being a personal weakness, but rather a strentgh, although I've seen the opposite too. It depends on to which degree you're gonna let others dictate your personal beliefs, I guess.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 17-06-2005, 02:33 AM   #90
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Thanks, Flop! k:
Closed Thread