Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #91
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

:blink: I,ve been meaning to ask... Is this Heroes of might and magic I or II? Wasnt the game that was later known as heroes called (Kings Bounty)?
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 05-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #92
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Argith Nuei@Jun 5 2005, 09:57 PM
:blink:* I,ve been meaning to ask... Is this Heroes of might and magic I or II? Wasnt the game that was later known as heroes called (Kings Bounty)?
I think you're talking about this one. It is not related to Heroes of Might and Magic, but might be a predecessor. Haven't played it myself, however.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 05-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #93
kOS
Super Freak

hmmm but looks very similar to HoMM for me btw publisher of these games is one and only
kOS is offline                         Send a private message to kOS
Old 06-06-2005, 10:00 AM   #94
rmontaruli

Hallo there!
I got it! I got it!
I bought a fantastic edition of this HOMM on eBay.
Heroes of Might & Magic Compendium
Two CD-ROMs
There is the original HOMM in two versions, for DOS and WINDOWS 32bit.
The editor of HOMM 1.
There is HOMM II and its expansion Price of Loyalty, and the Editor.
And there is also King's Bounty.

King's Bounty it is the same i found on this site.
HOMM 1 has some little differences in file sizes, and IT SOUNDS! The CD version has a lot of music, great sounds of the same authors who play the music of the following versions of HOMM.

I'm playing the campaings.
The first map is very easy: you have to slay one dragon and then conquest a weakly defended city to win
But i have a lot of problems with the second map: the archipelagos.
Did anybody complete it in less than 10 weeks?
rmontaruli is offline                         Send a private message to rmontaruli
Old 06-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #95
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin+Jun 5 2005, 11:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bobbin @ Jun 5 2005, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Argith Nuei@Jun 5 2005, 09:57 PM
:blink:* I,ve been meaning to ask... Is this Heroes of might and magic I or II? Wasnt the game that was later known as heroes called (Kings Bounty)?
I think you're talking about this one. It is not related to Heroes of Might and Magic, but might be a predecessor. Haven't played it myself, however. [/b][/quote]
:blink: I already have kings bounty from abandonia. And i have HOMM II on cd-rom, but the HOMM game on abandonia does not have a number. Does this mean that there was a HOMM 1 game that was released after kings bounty?
I always thought that kings bounty was also known as HOMM 1.
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 06-06-2005, 04:33 PM   #96
kOS
Super Freak

HoMM which is on Abandonia is a first game from HoMM series. It doesn't have number "1" because this is rarely used during naming a game!
kOS is offline                         Send a private message to kOS
Old 26-06-2005, 07:12 AM   #97
Captain Ackers

Problem. I run Homm1 in DOSbox. I ran it normally. Didn't work. Found out about mounting Cd. Thought it meant put it on CD. Put it on CD. Ran it. It worked! 6 minutes in: Game Crashes. Tried again. Froze computer. Decided to run it on Win 95 computer. Didn't work. Error opening Heroes.cfg DAMNIT. Didn't work in DOS either. Screen just went black. What do I do now? (Also I did that FAKE CDrom thingy, and it did same thing)
Captain Ackers is offline                         Send a private message to Captain Ackers
Old 16-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #98
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Heya guys. Figured i'd download this game just to complete my collection. Im having trouble getting this game to work in D-Fend. I can run it fine, utterly fine in DOSbox, but every time I run it in D-Fend, it just closes before it opens. Any suggestions?
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 01-08-2005, 09:18 PM   #99
Shred

well i played HoMM ind Dos-Box lately and i must admit that the game runs slower than normal. however i increased the chiprate in d-box(ctrl+F12) and now it runs a bit faster.
i ve kept up good memories about the game especially about the hotseat mode which provided countless hours of fun with friends. this actually started my passion for multiplayer games which i still enjoy nowadays.

Old 01-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #100
Jimmy eat World

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Aug 25 2004, 08:29 PM
When you have written:

Mount e -t cdrom e:
(It is e: for me)

Then you use the normal procedure...
Mount c c:
cd heroes

heroes.exe

Happy gaming
:help: Wow I have tried this about 20 times (I hate asking for help) but I am lost!

I open DosBox and get

Z:\

Then I type mount d -t cdrom d:\

and I get
MSCDEX Installed.
Drive D is mounted as CDRom.

Then I type mount c c:\
Drive C is mounted as local directory c:\

Then I type cd heroes (Heroes directory IS located in the root C:\)
Unable to change to : Heroes.

HELLLLPPPPP!