Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2005, 08:03 AM   #21
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

Wow, I didn't know such wonderful game like this does exist!!! I am very fond of the Three Kingdom great novel and now I could play, fight with one of our childhood heroes.

Had this game been added with character-RPG statistics like Jagged Alliance it would be excellent. Imagine what Zhang Fei or Guan Yu say after beating Lu Bo or Dong Zhuo! "I made it. That guy proves to be such a jerk!" or some thing like that. Or Cao Cao would say "I'd rather fool people than letting other people fool me!" k:

For example, Zhang Fei in reality would have never compromise with Cao Cao and Lu Bo in battlefield, he would fight till death; or Liu Bei and Liu Zhang have great affirnity for each other (same last name)

The Cao Cao in this game is very close to reality: very tricky to ally with him, and he has a good fight and trickery abilities. Liu Bei character is well made, too. He's extremely popular.
minhtuan is offline                         Send a private message to minhtuan
Old 05-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #22
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

The easiest person to play with is Dong Zhou, I mean he has got the greatest general of all time, Lu Bu (scenario 1 that is). You do not want to meet Lu Bu on the battlefield, especially in personal combat.

Its incredibly hard to get Lu Bu to switch over to your side, first time I managed to capture him by outnumbering his force by 5 soldiers to 1 (and he still massacred most of mine), he refused to switch sides so it was either to let him go, or execute him and lose Red Hare, well Dong Zhou was doing quite well then so er it was off with Bu's head :evil:

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 06-06-2005, 08:05 AM   #23
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

Oh yes, the game does a very good research and tried to imitate historical relationships and personality clashes.

After winning Ha Bei, Cao Cao are in great need of a powerful general, but he still put Lu Bo to the execution. Liu Bei just told Cao Cao "How often you see Lu Bo change his ruler?" That's it. Farewell Lu Bo!!!

On a par with Lu Bo there is only Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and Dian Wei. Cao Cao wins over Lu Bo by bribing Hao Cheng, not by fight.

I have read somewhere that you must recruit Wang Yun (Lu Bo's fatherinlaw), a civil officer of Dong Zhuo, then seize his sword. After that, repeatedly try to recruit Lu Bo. It will work eventually. You already know how often Lu Bo change ruler anyway.

For RTK4, I just download RTK 4 from Underdogs and find the game is not as colorful as RTK3 and playing is also quite different. Have you tried it?

Cheers
Old 07-06-2005, 09:17 AM   #24
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Hmm didnt know Underdogs had RTK4, might have to go check it out.

Best unit to get in the game is the strong crossbow, ive got an army of 10000 strong crossbows and they can almost take out 1000 men a volley, and they can make fires real easily, managed to even set a castle on fire :w00t: (of course it somehow manages to deflect the fire next turn so the darn governer wont run away).

I find Lu Bu is the most powerful, if you do manage to get him and are worried he will switch sides then you should take his items as soon as you can, Red Hare is extremly useful for attacking generals as they can retreat anytime and not take any losses.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 07-06-2005, 09:39 AM   #25

Do the stats of the officers improve?

Old 08-06-2005, 01:42 PM   #26
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

No, if so Zhao Yun and Zhuge Liang would wins over Wei :w00t: (Zhao Yun lived over 70 years old)

@sharp: RTK6 is also available too at Underdogs. Wondering where we could find RTK5 k:
Old 25-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #27
Lu Shi Zhen

Cheers guys!

Im really excited about this game, it looks soo good, been a fan to "Bandit Kings of Ancient China" for 10 years.

I've just downloaded and started the game, cannot get the sounds to sound good though. It's very "screamy" and weird. Is the sound adjustable in any way?

Anybody? :help:

Cya :bye:

Old 17-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #28
Happy Guest

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@May 19 2005, 07:30 PM
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV was released for Windows.
I think i have original game but the game has name Three Kingdoms:Fate of the Dragoon and i have original datadisk Battle for The Red Clifs In boxes but this is a real-time strategy.But these three are good too u can control whole china!!

Old 24-09-2005, 01:59 AM   #29
Lobster

Quote:
Originally posted by Happy Guest@May 21 2005, 04:51 PM
Help!! please! :help: I dont know how to start this game what shuld i do. I tried all exe but the game didnt start ! what should i do !!
"koei" is the command to start the game.

Old 25-10-2005, 09:29 AM   #30
goh

Please someone help me as i can't seem to be able to run the game as it pop up main.exe not enough memory. i am using win 98 se. Please help as i would like to replay this game very much