Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-06-2005, 06:09 PM   #31
Sylvester

Wow, THIS is great news. I spent more time on this game than on any other. After my floppies broke, I bought a CD version, which has other music. I LOVED the midi-tunes and I am very excited to have an original copy of the game again.

@guest

Whenever you bild a ship, you sign a contract. Nothing happens at first, the ship will be available after it is finished.

@flop

The scribes office is just for information. On my original system (386), a visit there sent data about my game to the printer (ships, warehouses and so on). However, it does not seem to work under Windows.

A BIG THANK YOU to Bobbin.

Sylvester
Sylvester is offline                         Send a private message to Sylvester
Old 05-06-2005, 11:00 PM   #32
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by minhtuan@Jun 4 2005, 09:45 AM
I am new to this game. What is the function of an office? How to prepare a feast? My guests has always been starved and thirsty. How to fund a church? Why need to join a Guild? Convoy??? Never heard of it!!!
I have googled "Patrician manual" but no available.
The function of an office or "kontor" is, as in most business simulations, to center your main activities in the game. You buy and sell goods here. The second function is to give you some statistics, which might help you with your progress.

To prepare a feast you simply have to store goods like beer, wine, fish, meat and grain in your storehouse. The more goods stored, the better your feast will be.

You may spend some money to provide extensions to the local church, or to feed the poor. The first gives you popularity bt the church, the second by the people.

Convoys may come useful as the game progresses and the pirate's activities rise. Convoys have so called orlogue ships, which are heavily armed and defend your ships and good from raids.

You need to be member of a guild to be able to join a convoy. In addition to that you gain favor in politics.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 06-06-2005, 05:33 AM   #33
Flop
Hero Gamer

Thanks for the tips Bobbin, I'm sure it'll help me if noone else.

The game seems pretty good, but not very intuitive, so a few pointers are always welcome.

@Sylvester: Thanks a lot, it all makes sense now. Luckily I don't care about printing anything from the game, nor do I even have a printer, so I'll just never ever press any of those tabs again.

Last edited by arete; 21-10-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: fixed broken smiley
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 06-06-2005, 07:11 AM   #34
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

Thanks Bobbin for your answer. I restart Patrician and now have problems trying to build an office. Instead, I found near Guild office the black windows says about the cost of building a warehouse. I also notice that at the small open book I could build, but whenever I press left click, then right click, the build option disappeared.
And how many officers are needed for each office? I don't know either.
Oh yes, I must agree that this game is not very intuitive, but hey, it's a good game.

minhtuan is offline                         Send a private message to minhtuan
Old 11-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #35
artus

hey,

i've got a problem, after 2 years of in-game-time, the game ends and tell me, that i didn't have bought the game legally.

Could somebody help me with the copy protection?

Old 12-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #36
Suxbee
Lurker

I've got a few questions about this game that I can't seem to figure out. First, I can never seem to build a new ship, no matter where I am, or whether I have the needed materials or not. I always end up sailing all over the place, getting what the shipyard tells me I need, and when I finally have all of it I go back and it says I need more stuff. Secondly, the same type of thing happens when I try to hold a feast, even when I have fish, meat, ale, and wine I get the message saying that many are suffering thirst and hunger. I would really appreciate it if someone would post the manual for this game, I've searched all over the internet, even translating pages from german, and nothing has really solved any of my problems.
Suxbee is offline                         Send a private message to Suxbee
Old 18-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #37
Al (AKA Lecher)

Apsolute clasic. Nice one Abandonia

Ascaron pretty much started here. Patrician was one of the most compelling games I ever played and was proberly the single biggest reason for skipping classes in my early teens. Anyone into their stratagy games , Civ, Simcity or empire builders this is a MUST!!

By the way in terms of game play time this game took me literaly 100 hours+ to complete so get in some cofee and some match sticks for your eyes

some hints:

trade furs from Novgorod to Breuge and bring wine back , that should give you a strong trade route to get started.

Having money is good but power and influence is more important. Sell luxury goods to gain favour with rich

Provide food to starving towns and the people will love you

If you are alerted that pirates are lurking near a town arm up a ship with crew and weapons and set it up as a guard ship if you capture a pirate ship you not only gain favour but gain a ship

Buy ships from Novgorod the ship yard is slower to gain the bigger ships but is MUCH cheaper and often has most if not all of the materials except wood . load up with wood and get building.

Watch for when the next auction will be and save some cash. the ships are often is poor condition and are often over priced but even a "bad" purchase will make its own money back very soon.

any one downloading this game , please give it a little time and I promise if stratagy / empire building is your thing you will love it

Cheers Abandonia . . . . Lecher

Last edited by arete; 21-10-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: smiley

Old 18-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #38

If your having problems with building ships . you must sell the required materials into the town in order for the town to make use of them ,, so if the town is needing wood you can have 1000's of units of wood but the town will not build sell the wood to the town then build

Feasts.

Feasts a re a great way of keeping the people happy

in order to have a sucessfull feast you need

corn, meat , fish, ale and Wine

30 of each is enough if its a small feast but occasionaly people will come from all over the land . to ensure that any feat is a sucess.

Have stored in the town:

100 corn

100 fish

80 meat

150 ale

50 wine

P.S. if you really want to impress the people hold the feast between 25th dec to 31st dec.

P.S gaining favour with guilds will improve your standing a lot so try andjoin the ones on your regular trade routes

Wedings. Ok the sexy chick that looks like maroline munroe looks great but has as much wealth as a homless badger. Mary the rich merchants widow, play your cards right and there might be upto 5 ships for you for free. Try and mary a woman from hamburg , breuge or visby these towns seem to get the plauge more often and if your lucky (this will sound bad) she will die and you can mary another rich widow :Brain: he he he he he he he he. hope this helps with any probs

Al AKA Lecher

Old 09-07-2005, 03:05 PM   #39
Leo

Anyone, who has experienced my problem?
I CAN'T save!!!! I mean I played this game years ago and I love it, but the save game function doesn't work, if I try to load the game, there isn't any File to restore. :help:

Please somebody gotta help me, I beg you!!

Old 22-08-2005, 08:17 AM   #40
Game fan

I played the game and i like it very much...but i still can't understand somethings.
What does this waggon do ?
What do the employers do ?
What happens if you buy a dried fish ?
How to rise the votes you won in ellections?
What is the difference between feast with and without bards?
How can i search for wrecked ships ?

Actually i don't understand much of the game