Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #81
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Depends how well you speak them. I learnt a bit of german at school, then french to GCSE because I like the language better. If you enjoy them and/or do well at them then stick with both - more use than a GCSE in, say, Business Studies like I got instead...
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 31-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #82
omg
Games Master

multiple languages is a wicked thing though, stick with it. comunication with people when you are travelling is essential and you never know when they will come in handy . a lot of bulgarians do french in school so i was a ble to use it in bulgaria!
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 31-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #83
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

*sits smugly as british comedy was ordained by God (who is english) to be the best in the multiverse*

Last time some nation said god was one of theirs, I finished in concentration camp. :blink: :angry:

As for other gentlemens talk, let's talk about Bush's marionete called Blair...
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 31-05-2005, 02:31 PM   #84
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Clearly the members of the gentlemen's club are landed tories and therefore dismiss Blair as an "upstart" or a "pipsqueak" or sometimes both. Plus Bush is enough of a puppet as it is - reminds me of the bits in Being John Malkovitch where the puppet is controlling another puppet.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 31-05-2005, 02:44 PM   #85
omg
Games Master

why blair that damn young pipsqueak upstart! hypnoitized by the shiny lights of america!! i wonder how much they payed him? 100 guineas? the young whippersnapper.

however alligiance to a political party is not a prerequisite of this club. we welcome all as long as they show alligance to queen and country!
(so no comunists or nazis)

as for me being a nazi due to my absurd belife that england is the supirior nation under god. the nazis wernt joking ....
Old 31-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #86
Malice Mizer

Anyone follow George Galloway's adventures with the American senate? he did us proud! I have to find the quotes...

EDIT: Here they are:

In quotes: Galloway showdown
Here are some of the quotes from British MP George Galloway as he confronted his accusers on a US Senate sub-committee.

"Who paid me hundreds of thousands of dollars? The answer to that is nobody and if you had anybody who paid me a penny you would have produced them here today."

"I have met Saddam Hussein exactly the same number of times as Donald Rumsfeld met him. The difference is that Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and to give him maps the
better to target those guns."

"You traduced my name around the world without ever having asked me a single question, without ever having contacted me, without ever having written to me or telephoned me, without any contact with me whatsoever and you call that justice."

"Senator [Norm Coleman, committee chairman], this is the mother of all smoke screens. You are trying to divert attention from the crimes that you supported from the theft of billions of dollars of Iraq's wealth."

"You have nothing on me Senator [Coleman], except my name on lists of names in Iraq, many of which were drawn up after the installation of your puppet government in Iraq."

"I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anybody on my behalf."

"I know that standards have slipped over the last few years in Washington but for a lawyer you are remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice."

"One of the most serious mistakes you have made in this set of documents is such a schoolboy howler it makes a fool of the efforts you have made."

"Senator [Coleman], in everything I said about Iraq I turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong and 100,000 have paid with their lives, 1,600 of them American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of lies."

Go on my son, show those bloody savages who's boss!
Malice Mizer is offline                         Send a private message to Malice Mizer
Old 31-05-2005, 03:08 PM   #87
omg
Games Master

huzzah for galloway!
Old 31-05-2005, 04:34 PM   #88
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah - shame about the accusing the chair of supporting the war when he was opposed. Galloway is a right arse, but he is probably the second most amusing person in British politics, after Boris Johnson.
Old 31-05-2005, 05:15 PM   #89
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I second that.

Despite being at lest 30% more landed than most gentry, I would have voted Lib Dem. The other two are just awful.

Here's a summary of their election campaigns:

Labour : You know what, we really hate immigrants.

Tories : Not as much as we do!

Labour : As if! Bunch of pillow-biters! We hate them all and we brutalise their children.

Tories : So anyone up for some chat about Iraq?

Labour : No. No-one is. You can just piss off.

Tories : What about the NHS?

Labour : What about it? At least we want to keep it!

Tories : Ah. Bugger. Scuppered. Ummm... tax cuts for all!

Labour : I see... so how are you going to get 30ish billion for the NHS then?

Tories : Bloody hell, is that the time? Quick! Fetch the firing squad and hunt down Mike Howard!

Labour : BWAHAHAHAHAHA no-one ever votes Lib Dem and they won't this year...

Lib Dems : As if you could be so bloody right about something so bloody wrong...
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 31-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #90
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The Tories couldn't have made much more of the NHS in the campaign - it was their funding cuts and privatisation of cleaning staff that left it where it is now. They also cunningly managed to count some cuts already announced by Gordon Brown in their "We'll save you this much in taxes" figures.