Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #201
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Ah... right... well I think that it is worse in both. On the other hand, that is a bit off-topic.

Woohoo 200th post is mine.

By the way, any news on if we can get X-Com Interceptor?
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 23-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #202
Student
Thumbs down

Well i would complain bout the learning curve i learned the basics in 1 or 1,5 hour.
I think the aliens look S***Y but the rest is OK.
TFTD is hard... Too damn hard ive had an cillman port atack in the game before i could build gauss rifled (so i had to use harpoons) witch were very inefective versus deep ones :ranting: . they whacked me quickly.
And the Xcomutil crashes randomly when i place the cursor near the edge of the screen.

Old 23-05-2005, 08:06 PM   #203
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Hmm, the basic are not enough. I really recommend UFO over this one. UFO has alright graphics and is just a better game to play.

XcomUtil is a bit annoying sometimes, I just switched to XP and it doesn't even let me get to the battlescape
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 23-05-2005, 08:09 PM   #204
Malice Mizer

I can't even get TFTD deep to run.. such a pain in the arse..... any advice? I have DOSOX
Malice Mizer is offline                         Send a private message to Malice Mizer
Old 23-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #205
samtam90
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Malice Mizer@May 23 2005, 08:09 PM
I can't even get TFTD deep to run.. such a pain in the arse..... any advice? I have DOSOX
Do you get an error message? If yes, what does it say?
samtam90 is offline                         Send a private message to samtam90
Old 23-05-2005, 08:36 PM   #206
Malice Mizer

I can sort of install it (though it never accepts any sound options) then it tells me to type the exe commands into dos to run it, but when I try that in DOSBOX it can't find the directory.
Malice Mizer is offline                         Send a private message to Malice Mizer
Old 25-05-2005, 08:37 AM   #207
buntstein

cool games, i loved it - but i can't play with windows 2000

Old 25-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #208
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Get DFend people. Also Win 2K should work, isn't there a 'UFO.exe' the same as the one for X-COM 1?
Old 27-05-2005, 07:45 AM   #209
SnowBlind

:guns:
TO settle it all, YEs X-COM 1 is much cooler! The weapons looked Awsome, The Armor was Awsome, the Armor was Awsome! Arming my first squad with all Laser and HE Weapons was awsome! There was not a single building left standing and my squad didn't even have to leave the Skyranger Area. It was hard to sure.. Still fun!

TFTD However was the HARD MODE, long Grueling Missions spent Out Gunned and Out Numbered, and beyond vissual range!! OUCH.

Favoret Moments:
X-COM1 :The Lone Hero? That sole Survivor who snaps out of Panic mode near the sKyRanger without a weapon! He finds a Laser Pistol, Auto Cannon, or Spare Stun Rod inside.... Then goes on to complete the entire mission ALONE. Then you save the file in his honor and he gets promoted to Commander ^^

TFTD: :Titan: Vibroblading any Alien, surrounding an Alien with a stun battons and waiting for him to wake up again , and Running out of ammo and throwing my weapon at the SOB that just wouldn't die! It hits him and he dies! Also fun was throwing the random missle and it actually exploding on contact or eventually.. odd bug and fun to!

X Apoc: The Hover Bikes, Arming a fleet of HoverBikes with Justice Missile Launcher and swarming a UFO... hahah the havok!

Old 27-05-2005, 07:49 AM   #210
Snowblind

Does anyone play X-COM Email? there is a serverless version avilable since the primary server was shut down. Also has anyone been able to get XCOM 1-2-3 into multiplayer internet mode somehow some way? Thats what we all want isn't it =) yeah....