Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-05-2005, 12:27 AM   #21
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Yep you have to go in the tavern of the town where the governor sends you and they have a picture of the backroom...click on that to give the message.

Thats also where you find all those dastardly Nobleman Spaniards that apparently like running off with information on your family. Apparently they were pretty bored back then and that was the thing to do.
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 17-05-2005, 12:46 AM   #22
empedocles

Some hints about the treasure maps would be greatly appreciated. I've seent eh Gran Grenada and Santa Catalina one. I've wandered and searched all around Gran Grenada and haven't found anything. As for Santa Catalina, the town covers the whole island and one cannot disembark there...

Old 17-05-2005, 12:49 AM   #23
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

if I had a way to see them, I could help with the maps. after you play for a while you get really good at recognizing landmarks and features.

look for single spaces...trees..hills...what ever. and use the water on the map to get a general idea. a lake or a single island with a tree can do wonders

sometimes you will have to compare the map to your current location alot, but you will get it .
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 17-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #24
vicious

Quote:
Originally posted by empedocles@May 17 2005, 12:46 AM
Some hints about the treasure maps would be greatly appreciated. I've seent eh Gran Grenada and Santa Catalina one. I've wandered and searched all around Gran Grenada and haven't found anything. As for Santa Catalina, the town covers the whole island and one cannot disembark there...
Doc Adrian is right. Also bare in mind that when it says near Gran Grenada it is not necessary to be THAT near. It may well be a couple of screens away or more. I find very usefull the shape of the coast, especially if it has any gulfs or peninsulas.

By the way thanks guys for your response to my question as well!!!! k:
vicious is offline                         Send a private message to vicious
Old 05-07-2005, 08:39 AM   #25
Peter Kirby

Hello,

It's a great game. I just started, in the second time period (no Dutch towns at first, but I'm a Dutchman in the game), and I've wiped out the English and one of the Spanish colonies, installing Dutch governors. However, none of these three towns give me the option of talking to the governor, nor does the French town, with whom I am not hostile. Besides that I may have started in the wrong era/nationality combination, anyone know how I can get a governor to talk to me? Or do I have to start over?

best,
Peter

Old 05-07-2005, 08:44 AM   #26
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Odd. Do NONE of the governors want to speak to you or is it just those four?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 05-07-2005, 09:29 AM   #27
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Kirby@Jul 5 2005, 10:39 AM
Hello,

It's a great game.* I just started, in the second time period (no Dutch towns at first, but I'm a Dutchman in the game), and I've wiped out the English and one of the Spanish colonies, installing Dutch governors.* However, none of these three towns give me the option of talking to the governor, nor does the French town, with whom I am not hostile.* Besides that I may have started in the wrong era/nationality combination, anyone know how I can get a governor to talk to me?* Or do I have to start over?

best,
Peter
If the town is too small there will be no governer there (yet).
The town must have at least 600 people living there for them to get a governor (by trading with a town you might encourage them to get a governer).

I suggest you try attacking larger towns with no forts and installing your governor there (like Curacao - I'm not sure if it has a fort in this time period or not).

Hope this helps (and thanks for posting this question - this reminded me I still have the original manual that I can scan and upload to the site).
:bye:

EDIT: I see the manual is already up.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #28

How can you install governors of your nationality in captured towns? I never seem to be given this option.

Old 20-07-2005, 04:08 PM   #29
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well you can't simply do that. the governor must flee the city first. This usually happnes if you attack a city that's not too developed and you have a strong force (you can get great resoults if you choose to be an Englishman in the year of 1560. You'll start in Trinidad - as soon as you leave the city attack it and you will be given the oportunity to change the governer. Next attack the city of Margarita and then Puerto Cabello - should work in all three cases).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-07-2005, 04:22 PM   #30
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Overwhelming force to install the governor...you need to get a large army and take it to land battle...the more you kill of the enemy the better your chances.
Do alot of ambushes to rout troops, you will not get alot of gold this way..so only do this if you want to conquer not plunder the longer you take the more time they have to hide their gold