Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
knightedskull

Exclamation XCOM/DosBox problem, increased time rate.

Hi, I managed to get a copy of XCOM for dos (before they were on steam) and It's been working fine...until recently when trying it out on a different computer.
The game increased in speed and what not, 5 seconds is now around one minute+. I tried lowering the cycles to match the right time rate on the clock, which dropped the cycle to 1% and made the game laggy or too slow. I tried increasing frameskip because I didn't think of anything else I could do. The didn't work for obvious reasons and no thinking on my part. All other dos games I have work fine, it's just this one game,that I and many people love, that's not working. please suggest any way to fix it or any hints to the dosbox that might fix problems. If i have to show specs that will not be a problem.
knightedskull is offline                         Send a private message to knightedskull
Old 25-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

In the config file, change Core to Normal. Change Cycles to a set value, same for the values they are increased/decreased by (recommended 12000 to start with and 1000 as both the increase and decrease value).
And don't mess with the frameskip - it's used to speed up things, not slow them down!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
knightedskull

Awesome thanks, its working again :thumbs:
Time to capture some aliens.
knightedskull is offline                         Send a private message to knightedskull