Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Let's play Amulets and Armor

Ok, I'm done with the first map. I play a knight. Question is: what's the diference between "Ring of WaterWalking" and "Ring of Ignore Terrain"? (Appart the price, what only differs in 1 gold, what is not a problem.)
I would NEED to walk on water - that's clear after a small peak on the next level. On the first map walking on water (I bought a potion for it in the bank) was highly profitable, and there is much more water on the next level.

I have the money to buy ONE ring (platinum money is a lot of money you know), and I figured out the "Ring of Food Preservation" and "Ring of Water Preservation" can wait.

FRESH INFO: The Ring of WaterWalking lets you walk on water, while the "Ring of Ignore Terrain" lets you climb any solid ground (even vertical terrain).

Last edited by twillight; 20-11-2011 at 10:00 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 20-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Map 2 is finished. It is a fast, but crowded with elves territory. Buy the Ring of WaterWalking before this map. The higher grounds can all be reached by walking or jumping.

There is an ingame clock, what every time you leave the town resets to 6 AM. At 6 PM night time comes. It is said if you are in the 2nd map of the first quest wolves appear during night. It is also said if you are on the 3rd map of the 1st quest wolves and even a banshee appear!

About inventory: 3 item of the same type can be stored at the same place in your invetory.

Ends of levels: They are marked by 2 orb on poles (at least they were until now).

Leveling automattically incrises your stats.
Old 25-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Third area done. While the 2nd map was like arriving to Castle Ironfist in MM6 the first time, this map is like an arena. It is easy to die if you don't watch your health. And there are no good items (only some potions and some fire arrows). And the exit must be opened with the open door command (I've wasted a lot of time to figure this out).

Also: remember the food what gives some plus on night vision? Well, it works like a completly good flashlight, so keep them for dungeons (if there will be dark corridors).
Old 26-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Forth area done! It is a very awarding area (or a very easily done if you don't care).

There were so much items here they weighted me immovable, so some tips: weapons and armors always worth way better then vases. Golden vases worth nothing (there are two variety here). Skulls worth nothing.

Priests (ok, druids) drop a staff or a potion of water (+100% water) when dying (random chance which one). Some unique druids drop other potion.

There are two rings here and some very good armors. Also a pouch with 10 gold (=1 platinum)! (The pouch is just before the bugged room.)

The game has a crashing bug in the room with ~waterfall. That room has the silver plate breast plate (28% protection!), so I investigated the bug. To avoid it just never turn back after entering the room! Go out backwards, and the bug won't happen.

My weapon is currently Steel Short Sword, what seems not to differ form longswords, and has 6 dmg, but has lower price then the iron longsword (knight's starting weapon) - not that it'd matter from now on. Or maybe the shops are upgraded when later quess become avaiable?

Good news to "blunting weapon only" classes: on this level is a mace (its animation is slashing instead of piercing, what means much easier aim).
Old 26-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Woot, I've finished the first quest!

The shop got improved in stock (nothing with real value for me, but interresting) as I expected.

The "boss" of the first quest is extrastrong poisoning priests (two in all, in two different rooms). If you use Potion of Poison Reducement (dark green potion), then you can win against the bozzos. It makes you feel thirsty though... And I think there are some Cure Poison potions too.

I've found a ring without enchantment besides those I wear too.

The game falls in the usuall mistake of games: there are good items in shop, but you'll never be able to afford them until the very last quest